IGNORED

I'm shooting for the Olympics, advice? Dont shoot me down

Note: This thread is 4284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kickstarter of the month? Not again. Over and out on this one.

But can he drive it 300 yds?!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Paradox

If I wanted to qualify for the olympics I'd try to go for Archery or shooting of some kind.

i think a legally blind guy set a record this year in archery.

not exactly a cakewalk either.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by jamo

I'd shoot for team handball.

Seriously. Unless you can beat Tiger, Webb Simpson, Jason Dufner, Jim Furyk, Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, any number of superstars that'll debut between now and 2016, etc. (getting the point yet?), you're not making the team.

This isn't like one of those "I'm Making the PGA Tour, and That's That!" threads. You legitimately have to be one of the best 15-20 players in the entire world to make the U.S. Olympic golf team. 250 (or thereabouts) play on the PGA Tour every year (in one event or another) and another few hundred play on the Web.com Tour. The amount of people making the U.S. Olympic golf team will be in the single digits.

To use nevrino's example right above mine, even KJ Choi wouldn't make the U.S. Olympic team (if he was American), and he's about the most extreme "picked up the game late and turned into a star" example you could come up with. Here's another one: Ian Poulter would struggle to make the British team.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Man, you are such a hater. Stop killing the kid's dreams.

Seems to me that he's got what it takes and I wouldn't bet against him making the team.

Shorty, I was thinking the same thing. Once Jamo changed his avatar from the Jim on The Office, he became a hater and crusher of dreams. Where did Jim go?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Shorty, I was thinking the same thing. Once Jamo changed his avatar from the Jim on The Office, he became a hater and crusher of dreams. Where did Jim go?  [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwbUHw_70s0_Lpre-zQZZNg1qnkR1nYyJFJVJbNumNDyXjrXMUBA[/IMG]

I actually didn't change it, Erik did. He did this to me! :-P :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by tiger187126

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox

If I wanted to qualify for the olympics I'd try to go for Archery or shooting of some kind.

i think a legally blind guy set a record this year in archery.

not exactly a cakewalk either.

Somehow that doesn't seem like a combination that would pass a safety audit.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jamo

I actually didn't change it, Erik did. He did this to me!

Bwah ha ha ha ha.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Somehow that doesn't seem like a combination that would pass a safety audit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/27/sport/london-2012-archery-im/index.html

it reminds me of wherever that phrase "deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other"

sometimes humans are capable of ridiculous things.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Here's your plan:

• Get a USGA handicap of 0.0 or better.
  • Qualify for the U.S. Amateur or U.S. Public Links Championship.
  • Win U.S. Amateur or U.S. Public Links Championship.
  • Get Masters invitation.
  • Make cut at Masters.
  • Win Masters.
  • Use status from Masters win to become a PGA Tour professional.
  • Win a lot of tournaments on the PGA Tour to get highly ranked.
  • Book tickets to Rio.
  • Don't have too much sex in the Olympic Village to sap strength.
  • Win Gold Medal
  • Tickertape parade.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

Here's your plan:

Get a USGA handicap of 0.0 or better...

.... aaaaaand STOP!

Because if you make it there, you already win the thread.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!