• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atb5079

Who are your 3 favorite and 3 least favorite players on tour?

171 posts in this topic

Three favorites and three players you dislike and why?

Errrrrrrrr:

-Tommy Gainey - two gloves? maybe you should rethink why you have yet to do much of anything on the tour

-Rory Sabbatini - pretty self explanatory

-Cameron Tringale - I remember seeing an interview with him last year  ago on GC and my god was he arrogant for never doing shit on this tour. Also, that soul patch and swagger he has just furthers my irritation of him.

Favorites:

-Ernie - Nothing but class, has a huge following and always cared more about his family and his foundation than his trophy collection

-Dustin Johnson - Fun to watch, great talent and really gained my respect with how he handled the debacle at Whistling Straits

-John Daly - pretty self explanatory as well

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Favorites

Tiger- No one nearly as exciting to watch (fist pumps, crazy shots like 16 at memorial this year) and love how he shows his emotion and frustration. Makes him seem human unlike these robot other players on tour

Phil- Similar to tiger he is exciting to watch. Hits shots most wouldnt attempt like the flop shot at augusta on saturday this year.

Jim Furyk- Love his swing

Least Favorite

Rory- Dont want a foreigner to dominate

Luke Donald-Gets so much hype but never comes through in the big tournaments. Just places well gets his check and world ranking points without ever doing anything of meaning

Lee Westwood- See Luke Donald

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favs:

Woods for sheer play possibilities

Couples just because he is a cool cat

Stricker because he is a regular nice guy

No so fav

Peter Jacobson because he is just not funny

Rory Sabbatini for douche moves

Robert Allenby because he is a whiner and criticizes people like he is a force to be reckoned with

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmm never knew Allenby was like that

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post

Hmm never knew Allenby was like that


http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/golfer-robert-allenby-blames-teammates-for-poor-presidents-cup-showing/story-fnaltzvz-1226205278410

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/10/12/allenby-accuses-anthony-kim-of-partying-until-4am-calls-him-cu /

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/robert-allenby-one-man-two-very-different-personas/story-e6frg7mf-1226218583204

Quote:
Unravelling the mystery of Allenby is not easy. He can be charming one minute, condescending the next. He ranks among the most successful, yet least popular, athletes in Australia. Rightly or wrongly, he has a reputation for being thin-skinned with a penchant for finding excuses and blaming others, a powderkeg who is overly sensitive to criticism and ungracious in defeat.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like: Tiger, Bubba, and Dufner.

Dislike: Sabbatini, Jacobson, Westwood.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I root against Rory McIlroy simply because he pronounces his name wrong.  He is fun to watch but I cannot get past this, it's a pet peeve of mine.  McIlroy should be pronounced "Mic Ill Roy", not "Mac El Roy".

McDonalds

McGwire

McIlroy

Mic, not Mac.

But for the guy that doesn't like him for being foreign...isn't that the definition of racism?  The beauty of being a sports fan is that it is perfectly fine to be semi-irrational. I don't like football players whos hair sticks our of their helmets, I don't like Rory because he says his name wrong, I don't like baseball players that wear those silly ionic necklaces.  Those are all perfectly legitimate reasons to root against someone in the sports fans world.  But because of race?  Shame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Subaroo

I root against Rory McIlroy simply because he pronounces his name wrong.  He is fun to watch but I cannot get past this, it's a pet peeve of mine.  McIlroy should be pronounced "Mic Ill Roy", not "Mac El Roy".

McDonalds

McGwire

McIlroy

Mic, not Mac.

But for the guy that doesn't like him for being foreign...isn't that the definition of racism?  The beauty of being a sports fan is that it is perfectly fine to be semi-irrational. I don't like football players whos hair sticks our of their helmets, I don't like Rory because he says his name wrong, I don't like baseball players that wear those silly ionic necklaces.  Those are all perfectly legitimate reasons to root against someone in the sports fans world.  But because of race?  Shame.

Location has nothing to do with race. So many people do not understand what racism is. Racism = hate of a given race or creed. Not liking people because they are from a different country is just small mindedness but everyone has a right to there own opinion. I think it is in poor taste to dislike anyone because of their region Behavior like how they treat people, maybe, but just because they were born on foreign soil is not a good reason. Not to root for someone because you are patriotic, but still not hate is fine. I do like to see Americans win American tournaments but do not hate Rory or Adams or Els for winning either. Now back to topic....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Favorites

Tiger

Vijay

McDowell

and among the seniors. Jack and Ray Floyd

Least favorites

Keegan Bradley (the twitchiness drives me crazy)

Sergio

can't think of a third

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like:

Phil

Tiger

Rory McIlroy

Dislike:

Rory Sabbatini

John Daly

Robert Allenby

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Favorites:

Tiger

Phil

KJ

No one really sticks out in terms of dislike.  Bubba's attitude used to bother me, but he has since won me over after the emotion he showed winning The Masters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

Favorites:

Tiger

Phil

KJ

No one really sticks out in terms of dislike.  Bubba's attitude used to bother me, but he has since won me over after the emotion he showed winning The Masters.

oh how could i forget KJ Choi!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Subaroo

I root against Rory McIlroy simply because he pronounces his name wrong.  He is fun to watch but I cannot get past this, it's a pet peeve of mine.  McIlroy should be pronounced "Mic Ill Roy", not "Mac El Roy".

McDonalds

McGwire

McIlroy

Mic, not Mac.

Okay, I'll have a Big Mic, then I'll hit a home run into Big Mic land.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Subaroo

I root against Rory McIlroy simply because he pronounces his name wrong.  He is fun to watch but I cannot get past this, it's a pet peeve of mine.  McIlroy should be pronounced "Mic Ill Roy", not "Mac El Roy".

McDonalds

McGwire

McIlroy

Mic, not Mac.

But for the guy that doesn't like him for being foreign...isn't that the definition of racism?  The beauty of being a sports fan is that it is perfectly fine to be semi-irrational. I don't like football players whos hair sticks our of their helmets, I don't like Rory because he says his name wrong, I don't like baseball players that wear those silly ionic necklaces.  Those are all perfectly legitimate reasons to root against someone in the sports fans world.  But because of race?  Shame.

Mac means "son of " , Mic means you have no idea!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rory, Ernie, Westwood and Dufner

Keegan Bradley is frickin' irritating, Webb Simpson is Ned Flanders, VJ's a bit of a douchebag and Justin Rose just bugs me.

That's 3 right? (writes in scorecard)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mic is how Mc should be pronounced.  I think everyone understood that...except for you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • Played yesterday at SGCC. 36-40-76 -2 birdies and 2 doubles (ugh), one double was a 3-putt
    • I am going to try the TP version of my old club.  It has a 390CC head.  It was only 30 bucks so I figured it couldn't hurt to see if it helps a little on the forgiveness.  I guess the game is just passing me by...I can't see myself using those gigantic drivers.  The thing I noticed is that with the smaller head, that I am more focused on hitting the sweet spot.  With the giant club it just seems like you hit it anywhere on the face.  Am I correct in thinking that a "sweet spot" is not any larger on the bigger heads?  Is it just that on off center hits there is better chance of hitting it straight?  
    • I'll keep this on the short side because some random person's Member Swing thread isn't really the place for this kind of discussion… By most I'll clarify: the vast, vast majority. I'm not talking about 53% here. That doesn't mean you were doing it right or most efficiently. You may very well have been capable of making the change - and making it more quickly - with a ball if you'd done it differently. Sounds slow. Not for everyone, but for a good chunk of people. That's not what I advocate in the above linked post, either. Generally speaking, here's what I see: You tell people to fix the move without a golf ball. They work and work and film and record, and eventually, they've got a great practice swing. You say "great, now do that with a ball" and they almost immediately and completely revert to their old swing. Simply put, what I recommend to people is: A rehearsal swing or two. Often these too are shorter, slower, simpler swings. A shorter, slower, simpler swing focusing just on the "piece" while hitting a ball. As you become proficient, the swing gets less short, less slow, and closer to the full swing. Practice at the edge of your ability, but do it with a ball. The approach there blends no-ball practice (the first bullet) but immediately ties it to a motion you make with a golf ball. If you're shanking, topping, etc. the ball too much, you're not doing it slowly, "shortly," or simply enough.
    • Shot a 41 in my match play League.  Opponent was giving me 3 strokes.  I won the match 5 to 4. 5 pars 3 bogeys 1 double Good:  Drove 6/7 fairways and the only one that I missed was by about a foot.  Hit some very good approach shots.  I had 4 birdie putts ranging from 6-25 feet.  Alas, i made none. Bad: Other than duffing 2 shots on the first hole (an easy par 5) i played pretty solid.    
    • This entirely depends on where you play. I play courses that usually have three groups and a couple of singles out per side, and I would say no, but then I get to an urban course, like Long. Island, or South Florida, and it's anger management time.  I like to watch my friends's shots, and compliment their successes, I take a couple practice swings if I am in an uneven lie, or whatever, but I am not going to spend time searching for extra balls while walking between shots, or sit and BS at the tee before shooting. For some reason I am always ready to hit first, honors or no, and I just don't get why people take so long there. As long as I can do the things I enjoy, like watching my shots and my friends shots, and take due care taking my shots and putting, I don't feel rushed, but three hours for a foursome means you have four serious golfers. My golfing is more social so that is unlikely to happen. I play with one guy who takes pace seriously, and we do fine.  If we want to pick up the pace of a group, we play best ball. Maybe the conversations on the tee are because that's where everybody gathers together for the next hole and people like to talk. I like to play golf.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Golfgirl10543
      Golfgirl10543
      (43 years old)
    2. jkettman
      jkettman
      (28 years old)
    3. old man1953
      old man1953
      (64 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon