IGNORED

Rory McIlroy signs with Nike.. Rory and Tiger Film Commercial Together (Updates)

KrazyTrain18
Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cool.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Show me the money!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/01/13/rory-mcilroy-tiger-woods-nike-rick-horrow/1830373/

Terms of the deal are not expected to be released, but several reports have said the new deal is in the neighborhood of $200 million to $250 million over 10 years. If the deal with Nike is confirmed at $250 million, it would be the most lucrative endorsement ever negotiated in golf.

The 23-year-old Ulsterman cemented his position as the top golfer in the world last year when he won five titles worldwide, including his second major championship at the PGA Championship. He also won money titles on the PGA Tour and European Tour, and he was voted Player of the Year on both sides of the Atlantic. Woods, who won three times last year, is No. 3 in the world and stands at 14 major championships, four behind Jack Nicklaus' record.

"This is a win-win-win-win," Horrow said. "It's good for Nike because they will wrap up the presumptive apparent heir to Tiger Woods, and McIlroy looks like he has the wherewithal to pass Nicklaus' record of 18 majors. This confirms Nike's ability to control the world of sports marketing and define their brand. This sews up golf for Nike through the next generation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

--  Driver: Nike VR_S Covert Tour, 9.5 degrees, neutral position

--  3-wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition, 15 degrees

--  5-wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition, 19 degrees

--  Irons (3-PW):  Nike VR Pro Blades (3-PW)

--  Wedges: Nike VR Pro (54, 60 degrees)

--  Putter: Nike Method 006 Prototype

--  Ball: Nike 20XI X

--  Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance Collection

--  Footwear: Nike Lunar Control

As posted by Golfdigest

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

At the end of the wedding scene, I was hoping a ball would land in the woman's..."cup".

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Good first commercial, I imagine Nike creative people are pumped to have these two to develop commercials for, especially if they both start the season strong.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Zeph

At the end of the wedding scene, I was hoping a ball would land in the woman's..."cup".

Hey now!!!

Colin P.

I figured the commercial would be something like this. Similar to those Jordan/Bird Horse commercials by McDonald's. I thought the dialogue was corny and neither are actors, but, given the comments above, not too corny for Nike's target audience. lol

That commercial was great.  Absolutely great.

Nike has done an excellent job considering the up hill battle they have had to climb in the "golf world" with their equipment.  There is no question that Nike Golf, by far, has had to work MUCH harder to prove themselves the last decade than any other Golf brand and this Tiger/Rory Tandem they now have is a homerun.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I figured the commercial would be something like this. Similar to those Jordan/Bird Horse commercials by McDonald's. I thought the dialogue was corny and neither are actors, but, given the comments above, not too corny for Nike's target audience. lol

I'm drinking the KoolAid...

Colin P.

Great commercial - you can sense that these guys are going to compete like h*** with each other and let one another know about it, especially being with the same company now, let the games begin!

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

I found this somewhat interesting.

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- The Nike Golf commercial that was to debut Wednesday featuring Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy was shot last year in Southern California with neither player there at the same time.

A source told ESPN.com that because of scheduling issues, McIlroy and Woods could not be present on the same day to shoot the commercial, which has them hitting balls on a driving range while taking good-natured shots at each other.

McIlroy, 23, calls Woods an "old man" for example, while Woods, 37, makes fun of McIlroy's hair. Woods has been endorsing Nike products since he turned pro in 1996.

McIlroy's part was filmed first, with Woods following a few days later, reacting to an actor who attempted to follow McIlroy's script. Both players spent several hours on their respective days, with the final product being unveiled for the first time earlier this week in Abu Dhabi, where McIlroy was officially announced as a company spokesman.

The commercial was shot in October, prior to McIlroy leaving for China to play in the BMW Masters in Shanghai, where he first addressed rumors that he would be leaving Titleist for Nike at the end of 2012 when his contract expired. He tried to downplay the talk that had been simmering for several weeks.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!