IGNORED

Anyone Getting an iPhone?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
As a designer, I'm an Apple guy through and through. They set the standard of industrial design, constantly realing out beautiful products.....but I haven't bought one yet. I'm waiting another generation or two, until it's off the old network and some of the features have been expanded. I'm just not a first G guy.......but everything about them is quite beautiful.

I will say this: if they add GPS capabilities (and some software to go along with it) in a later generation, it'll be killer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not getting the iPhone. getting the new Sidekick ID thursday :)

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I will say this: if they add GPS capabilities (and some software to go along with it) in a later generation, it'll be killer.

I think it's already killer.......I just hate to pay the money for a first gen device which is obviously not quite ready (old network).

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

http://www.theinq.com/?article=41742

USABILITY TESTS on Apple's Iphone have revealed that experienced users need twice as much time to compose texts on the shiny new touch screen gadget than on conventional QWERTY and numeric phone keyboards. The Apple product was also shown to be no faster than phones with numeric keypads.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Google Maps is fantastic on this, and actually loads maps quickly over EDGE, and I was really skeptical about that. I just love having a device that converges my phone and music player.

Driver: SasQuatch 460 Tour (10.5* w/ stiff Diamana Blue Board 83)
3-wood: Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: 3DX Ironwood (20* w/ stiff UST V2); 3DX Genex (17* w/ stiff stock shaft)
Irons: MP-60 4- PW
Wedges: MP-R (52*-7, 56*-10)Putter: Bettinardi C-02

Iphone sky caddie

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

• Administrator
USABILITY TESTS on Apple's Iphone have revealed that experienced users need twice as much time to compose texts on the shiny new touch screen gadget than on conventional QWERTY and numeric phone keyboards. The Apple product was also shown to be no faster than phones with numeric keypads.

As every review I've ever read has basically said: it takes longer at first, but after a few days or a week, many people are actually faster on the iPhone and everyone else is at least "just as fast" as they were on their physical keyboards.

Usability studies usually aren't conducted over the span of two weeks. They give you a device and watch you use it for a few minutes (or an hour, tops). Everyone I've talked to who used to have a physical keyboard (Blackberry, etc.) and who now has an iPhone (admittedly a sample size of eight) is faster with the iPhone keyboard, but was slower at first.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
I'm posting this from my new iPhone. So far, I love it! :)

I've had one since August 22 (at $449, and now I'll get $100 back) for development purposes. I don't plan on using it as an actual phone until the AT&T; buyout of Cellular One is complete in December or early '08.

ettsn, the price drop got you?

I have a Samsung BlackJack already, and I don't even use all the features....an Iphone would be wasted on me, besides I already have a video iPod.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Have a iPhone, love it, and really can't imagine being without it.
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

• 8 months later...
Dredging up an old topic, but I've been looking into these and am i correct in reading that you can only have ONE iPhone PER HOUSEHOLD?? Me and my wife couldn't both have one?
Anyone here with more than one in the house?

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Dredging up an old topic, but I've been looking into these and am i correct in reading that you can only have ONE iPhone PER HOUSEHOLD?? Me and my wife couldn't both have one?

Not sure where you read that at because I know for a fact that you should be able to have more than one per household without any issues.

Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

Not sure where you read that at because I know for a fact that you should be able to have more than one per household without any issues.

AT&T; Wireless website.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

My wife and I both have iPhones. We have had them since a week after release.

Perhaps you are confusing the number of phones you can have with the limit you could buy at once? I believe they were limiting the actual purchase number at one point. As in you couldn't walk in and buy 15 iPhones at once. But I can't remember for sure.

Either way, I can guarantee you can walk into anyplace they are sold and buy one for you and your wife today. Or wait a few weeks until WWDC. That is a better idea.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree , is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents"

-Nathaniel Bornenstein

Note: This thread is 5760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!