IGNORED

Can Online Golf Lessons Help your Game?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Now that there is a proposed ban on anchored putters, I think the USGA will be looking into the above next.....

You're right that it's off topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As homer simpson would say Duh!

To be honest I think using apps like swingplane and so forth where you can video your swing and then submit it to a pro for review are always of benefit.  Feedback is essential and particularly when trying to figure out what it is you are doing wrong!

There is no doubt in my mind it helps. Most of the students I work with are in college and the only way we can work together is through online lessons. However, we have set a pretty solid foundation and they already have a good understanding of what we are working towards.

One of the best parts is the convenience.  I don't need to find a time when an instructor is available or schedule ahead.  I just go to the range when I have time and bring my camera.  That means video lessons allow me to have more lessons than I would otherwise.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

For a similar take for a different skill/profession - look at how online teaching has exploded for music lessons for all sorts of instruments. Then look at how online tools have changed learning languages. This is not just isolated to golf.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I use Zach Allen Golf http://zachallengolf.com/ for video instructions. I've drastically improved my swing as well as my understanding of the swing. I can't say enough about what he's done for my game and enjoyment of the game.    I do watch a ton of videos on YouTube and maybe that has/can cause paralysis by analysis (along w/ the Golf Channel/GolfFixx).

• 4 months later...

What do you guys think about a pricing adjustment for online lessons. I mean, does the student expect to pay less than the in-person rate, or would the same rate be acceptable? I would think that people would expect to pay less for online lessons.

• Administrator
What do you guys think about a pricing adjustment for online lessons. I mean, does the student expect to pay less than the in-person rate, or would the same rate be acceptable? I would think that people would expect to pay less for online lessons.

It's less. I can't fathom it being the same or more. Look at the pricing on evolvr.com.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just signed up on the monthly plan and did my first upload. Ready to take advantage of all the knowledge these guys possess. Iacas, you and others are doing good work. I look forward to improving with y'all's help.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by watty

I just signed up on the monthly plan and did my first upload. Ready to take advantage of all the knowledge these guys possess. Iacas, you and others are doing good work. I look forward to improving with y'all's help.

Great! We're happy to have you. Let's start getting you to master more Keys and get that handicap dropping.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I signed up last week as well.

Just after the first lesson I can feel a difference in my ball contact and have noticed a difference in my distance.

Obviously it's going to take time for this to be my normal but the difference between me looking at my swing and someone who knows what they are doing looking at my swing is huge. I'm excited to get my next video up and see if I've made any improvement.

I know this is an old post, but I like online lessons (and the free advice everyone has given me).

I like the fact of being able to review the lesson and the feedback.

I like the fact of being a bit more intimate (dont get the wrong ideas folks), in that I can take my film and have to looked without the external distractions.

So far, I have been pleased with my results. I have a very long way to go. But I know where I am getting to.

Driver: Diablo Edge Octane 11.5*  Senior Flex

Irons:  Diablo Edge 4-AW

Putter: G5I CRAZ-E

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

• Administrator
Originally Posted by solarbear

I've been tempted by the Bradley Hughes online lesson package, but can't really afford it. Price is the only thing holding me back.

$500? For five "sessions"? Evolvr is $39/month and you can submit four times (most submit about two).

Originally Posted by iacas

$500? For five "sessions"? Evolvr is $39/month and you can submit four times (most submit about two).

For that kinda cash you would think he could have afforded to pay someone to make his website at least somewhat professional looking.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

For that kinda cash you would think he could have afforded to pay someone to make his website at least somewhat professional looking.

Lol I've had the same thought myself. He claims he made it knowing nothing of web design and he's been too busy to fix it. I believe it. Its a total disaster. But, hey, you can read through all his ideas on Secret in the Dirt, watch his youtube videos, try out his ideas on the range. If like me you find it working for you, the 5 stage online lesson program starts to make sense.

Note: This thread is 3382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!