IGNORED

What should be my next ball?

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What ball should I play? Currently play the pro v1, looking for a straighter ball flight and less spin.

• Srixon Q-Star
    • Callaway HX Diablo Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist NXT Tour S

I'm looking to switch balls for the 2013 season.  I have been playing the Pro V1 for a few months now, it is not straight enough for me and it has too much spin.  I get no roll out on drives! I want the highest spinning non-tour ball that is on this poll.

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

If your sticking with those four, my choice is the Q-Star. But thats more so because its the only one of the 4 I've hit. I do like the Q-Star, it performs somewhat similar to the Z-Star which is my primary ball. Good durability, good visibility, and the price isn't too bad. If your willing to look elsewhere...I'd recommend the Cally Hex Chrome.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by markuscism

why not Bridgestone b330rx then?

Too expensive, looking for a high spin non-tour ball that is under $35

Take a look into Srixon Trispeed tours. Forgot about these, solid ball roughly in between the qstar and zstar. Plus you can usually find them 2dozen for $35.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by colin007

Swallow your pride and get the TopFlite Gamer V2.

How do they compare to the Pro V1's?  Are they straighter?

Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

The Pro V1 is not on your list, so why are you trying to compare the Gamer V2 to it??  I have not played the Srixon, but I have played the others on the list (and the Gamer V2) and the Pro V1.    None of them are comparable to a Pro V1.

That said, the Gamer V2 is VERY comparable to the two NXT models and the Diablo Tour..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a fan of the yellow Q-star, but I started playing them so I did not have to mark my golf ball since everyone else at my club plays Titleist. If you ever play in Florida, please only buy the white because I get very upset when I see someone else playing the same golf ball as me.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by teamroper60

The Pro V1 is not on your list, so why are you trying to compare the Gamer V2 to it??  I have not played the Srixon, but I have played the others on the list (and the Gamer V2) and the Pro V1.    None of them are comparable to a Pro V1.

That said, the Gamer V2 is VERY comparable to the two NXT models and the Diablo Tour..

and way cheaper...

Colin P.

Neither of those choices, U should try Wilson FG Tour, simply awesome

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Originally Posted by Laws of Woo

Take a look into Srixon Trispeed tours. Forgot about these, solid ball roughly in between the qstar and zstar. Plus you can usually find them 2dozen for $35.

Thanks!

Q-Star, love them.  There good balls, nice feel and cheapish price.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

• 8 months later...
Originally Posted by TMBridgestone

try the topflight straight or pinnacle gold . either should straighten your drive and have a lower trajectory due to less spin . that said learning to control the shot instead of just whacking it will benefit you greatly . M

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!