IGNORED

Classic/Old School Golf Pics Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the past month or so I've been sharing Classic/old school pictures with captions of golfers like Hogan, Palmer Snead, Nicklaus, Jones.  Most of them are images I haven't seen before so hopefully they'll be new new to you.  Wanted to start this thread to share them in case you haven't "Liked" our FaceBook page yet.  And if you haven't, what are you waiting for?  Go here and "Like" our FB page https://www.facebook.com/thesandtrapgolf

I'll be keeping this thread updated on a regular basis.  Here are some I've posted so far.

Correct one fault at a time. Concentrate on the one fault you want to overcome.

- Sam Snead

Winning isn't everything, but wanting it is.
- Arnold Palmer

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball.
- Ben Hogan

Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.
- Arnold Palmer

You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank as to praise him for playing by the rules.
- Bobby Jones

Winners are different. They're a different breed of cat.
- Byron Nelson

This is a game of misses. The guy who misses the best is going to win.
- Ben Hogan

When I putt, my emotions collide like tectonic plates. It's left my memory circuits full of scars that won't heal.

~Mac O'Grady

Nobody ever remembers who finished second at anything.
- Jack Nicklaus

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great thread!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Thanks.  Love these kind of pics, especially the black and white ones, something more special about them.

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by mvmac

Thanks.  Love these kind of pics, especially the black and white ones, something more special about them.

Completely agree

~Justin

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.  Great thread, I hope it continues and we get many more pictures.  It's great to see the different styles and equipment of the past.

In My Bag:

:tmade: 9.5˚ Rocketballz | :callaway: 15˚ X-Hot 3 Wood :tmade: ran TP (3-PW) | :vokey: Vokey 52˚ & 56˚ | :odyssey: White Smoke MC-72 

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

WOW! Gimme more, gimmie more....

Thanks.  Make sure to "Like" us on Facebook, I share pics like these daily

https://www.facebook.com/thesandtrapgolf

Mike McLoughlin

This is an awesome shot. This is Eric "The Sheik" Monti playing at the LA Open from behind a tree. 1940's. Hit's the ball as if the tree was not even there. That's gotta be hard to do. Look at the club after making contact with the ball...then the tree! Great shot.

Good stuff Tony, thanks for sharing

Mike McLoughlin

Agreed----Sam's swing was the greatest ever.  When I was 13 (in 1954 !!) I tried to copy his swing from his books, one of which was "Natural Golf", a book which contained a series of press photographs of him in tournament play, with his comments and anecdotes.  I got to scratch three years later.

Sam Snead was always my golfing hero, even  from afar in Britain, and I was lucky enough to see him in the flesh in 1956 when he was playing this side of the Atlantic. What a player !!!

• Upvote 1

I love the old pics. I think the game was more "glamorous" back in the 50's thru the 70's. It's just an ATM machine now.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Originally Posted by HighlandLaird

Agreed----Sam's swing was the greatest ever.  When I was 13 (in 1954 !!) I tried to copy his swing from his books, one of which was "Natural Golf", a book which contained a series of press photographs of him in tournament play, with his comments and anecdotes.  I got to scratch three years later.

Sam Snead was always my golfing hero, even  from afar in Britain, and I was lucky enough to see him in the flesh in 1956 when he was playing this side of the Atlantic. What a player !!!

Here ya go

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 months later...
Awesome!!!

~Justin

Note: This thread is 1931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!