IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just to update everyone with AimPoint, I talked with the Tournament Director at Oak Valley today and he just needs to check with someone next week to see if the putting green Sunday afternoon would be available to us.  So fingers crossed

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

LOL... Sounds like a few other TST'ers I know...

Seriously, if we don't win the points total... We'll at least be the best looking group out there with all of our tripped out gear, shoes, hats, etc, etc...  So we got that going for us.

First the points now the best looking guys there.

All I can say at this point is "Really"!

In all honestly looking forward to it guys!

• Upvote 1

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Gosh, I'm trying to get in a real round!

Took my 6 yd old son out for his first round ever on Thursday, and my first round in 3 months -- I was more concerned about protecting the two guys with whom we were paired than my golf game, and making sure the 6 yd old had a good time and didn't get killed by a ball. I would tee him up in the fairway about 125 away and tell him to swing away until he hit the green. I didn't get to play or focus too much.

I will play on Tuesday, but that's a scramble.

Will update you, but I'd say bogey golfer is a decent guess this time of year. It's just tough because we have no grass and the greens I played on Thursday were punched.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Mike, I know that we were confirmed for 16 players so now that we have more than that, do we need to add on another tee time now or do we just do that the day of?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Mike, I know that we were confirmed for 16 players so now that we have more than that, do we need to add on another tee time now or do we just do that the day of?

I was holding off until next week to email the tournament director, in case we got in more players.  I'll contact him tomorrow to let him know we have 18, shouldn't be a problem

Mike McLoughlin

Dos Lagos is interested in hosting the AimPoint clinic.  From Morongo it's about 50 minutes away in Corona, it's not an issue for me since it's right off the 15, will be driving past it anyway going home.  So we definitely have a place for AimPoint, but I'm assuming it would be more convenient for those that attend to do the clinic at Oak Valley.  Still haven't gotten confirmation from them.

http://www.doslagosgolf.com/

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by mvmac

Dos Lagos is interested in hosting the AimPoint clinic.  From Morongo it's about 50 minutes away in Corona, it's not an issue for me since it's right off the 15, will be driving past it anyway going home.  So we definitely have a place for AimPoint, but I'm assuming it would be more convenient for those that attend to do the clinic at Oak Valley.  Still haven't gotten confirmation from them.

http://www.doslagosgolf.com/

Obviously Oak Valley would be better as it is located right next to the Morongo course. That being said, having to drive a bit more to do AimPoint is better than having no AimPoint at all. I'm in either way.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Obviously Oak Valley would be better as it is located right next to the Morongo course. That being said, having to drive a bit more to do AimPoint is better than having no AimPoint at all. I'm in either way.

Agreed.

Looking forward to it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Just talked to the tournament director at Oak Valley, he said there is an AJGA thing out there and gave a few other excuses, bottom line is we won't be able to do the AImPoint Clinic at Oak Valley.  Sorry guys but seems like it's going to be at Dos Lagos.

Mike McLoughlin

Just talked to the tournament director at Oak Valley, he said there is an AJGA thing out there and gave a few other excuses, bottom line is we won't be able to do the AImPoint Clinic at Oak Valley.  Sorry guys but seems like it's going to be at Dos Lagos.

Oh well... at least we have a place to do it. So if we start teeing of at 8, I assume we are done golfing and all by 1-ish, so what's the start time for AimPoint, 3 or 3:30? Or later?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Oh well... at least we have a place to do it. So if we start teeing of at 8, I assume we are done golfing and all by 1-ish, so what's the start time for AimPoint, 3 or 3:30? Or later?

Yeah exactly 3/3:30

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah exactly 3/3:30

And just as an FYI, according to my super accurate iphone maps feature it's about an hour drive from Morongo golf course to Dos Lagos.  And it looks like Dos Lagos is basically on the way home for all of the LA and SD people (just a bit south on 15 from the 91).

Just wanted to drop by and say screw all of you SoCal golfers.  Didn't even know you guys were organizing trips and outings and whatnot.  That's cool.  I'll get some of my NorCal brethren together one of these days and we'll show you guys what some real golf looks like.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Just wanted to drop by and say screw all of you SoCal golfers.  Didn't even know you guys were organizing trips and outings and whatnot.  That's cool.  I'll get some of my NorCal brethren together one of these days and we'll show you guys what some real golf looks like.

LOL!  You know, though, that if you wanted to get up and drag your "it's too cold to golf in Sacramento in the winter, waaah" butt down here that you'd be welcome, right?  (If you drive, stop and grab my brother along the way!)  I've got extra space, you guys can stay with me.

But, I totally think that you should try and start a Norcal group too.  Get some outings going like this one, then once a year Mike will pull some strings and get us a great deal at Pebble for a weekend and we'll have the TST North/South Cali Ryder Cup!  Right Mike?!?!?!

Completely off topic, just started this thread if anyone is interested http://thesandtrap.com/t/65646/2013-march-madness-bracket-challenge-for-tst

Mike McLoughlin

hahaha    You can still make it to the upcoming event!  I mean Erik is coming all the way from PA!  Your only a few hours drive (i assume)....

Otherwise, i think you should get your crew together and bring it on!  We got some solid players here!

We Northerners are not as organized as these So Cal guys. They have done a great job organizing all of this.

Michael

Sounds to me like there is some shit talking from the Nor Cal bunch...

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!