IGNORED

2013 - NFL Playoffs

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oops. Guess GB's defense wasn't very good.

I guess I'll go back to my regular season prediction of SF-Pats in the Super Bowl... not to be a prisoner of the moment or anything.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That was demoralizing. It didn't help being in Chicago where all of a sudden everyone was a 9ers fan. The game couldn't of started any better but they exposed us. It was a pathetic performance by the defense and Dom Capers needs to get the can. How many times does kapernick have to run until you play a QB spy. This team is doomed until changes to the defense are made

Originally Posted by Elrey Desol

for gambling purposes, i'm leaning towards:

DEN -10 with NE -10 (parlay)

NE -4 with U54 (teaser)

GB +3

GB/SF U45

That had to hurt the bank account - exactly why teasers and parlays are sucker bets.

But I will give you credit for posting your picks ahead of time instead of claiming you had the winners later.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

That had to hurt the bank account - exactly why teasers and parlays are sucker bets.

But I will give you credit for posting your picks ahead of time instead of claiming you had the winners later.

yeah. i was on the wrong side of everything Saturday.

did a little bit better this afternoon with NE ML and O51.

win some, lose some. had fun watching anyway.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

I wonder when someone will figure out that a prevent defense doesn't work in the pro game. Denver and Seattle had those games put away, or so I thought.

Yes.  Seattle and Denver just fell asleep at a crucial time.  I hate when you see the two down lineman dime package late in a game.  It just gives the QB plenty of time.  Bad things happen when any NFL QB has seven seconds to throw.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Quote:

I wonder when someone will figure out that a prevent defense doesn't work in the pro game. Denver and Seattle had those games put away, or so I thought.

Yes.  Seattle and Denver just fell asleep at a crucial time.  I hate when you see the two down lineman dime package late in a game.  It just gives the QB plenty of time.  Bad things happen when any NFL QB has seven seconds to throw.

Playing to not lose is always inferior to playing to win. You would think that coaches and coordinators would know this by now. Also, I didn't look at any stats or anything, but it seemed to me that most of the offenses this weekend were playing in safe mode - lots of runs and dink-n-dunk passes and not much air under the ball overall.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Playing to not lose is always inferior to playing to win. You would think that coaches and coordinators would know this by now. Also, I didn't look at any stats or anything, but it seemed to me that most of the offenses this weekend were playing in safe mode - lots of runs and dink-n-dunk passes and not much air under the ball overall.

Except Baltimore with all their long passes and New England with two long ones as well.  Baltimore really burned Champ Bailey a bunch, which is really why they were able to win.  They did it at the half and at the end of regulation.  Pats had two long passes down the side-line with Welker and Vereen (for a TD), which is a departure.  Usually they use Lloyd or Gronk for that.

That is Baltimore's strength and may give the Pats a problem because it is their weakness on D.

Atlanta got away from Gonzalez for some reason in the second half.  But he was their for the last pass that counted.  Atlanta just got too conservative on D and O.

I didn't see SF/GB because I was at a party.

Scott

My Swing Thread

That is Baltimore's strength and may give the Pats a problem because it is their weakness on D.

I guess the hope is that they're a much better secondary than they were when they faced Baltimore the first time, or when they played them last year. Just remember who made that play against Lee Evans last year. Sterling Moore! And he got cut a few weeks into 2012. Dennard has played well (though it seemed from last night that he might still be a bit gimpy from his late-season injury), Talib is solid against the opposing team's number 1 receiver, and McCourtey is a good safety, especially at those deep passes. He's had a few picks on long passes where he'll sprint in and come out of no where to pick one off. Gone are the likes of James Ihedigbo, and Ras-I Dowling (injured again). Patrick Chung has been solid in a much more limited role, and Steve Gregory is at least a safe player (he rarely gets beat deep, unlike Chung who likes to take chances and often gets burned). One of my favorites is rookie Tavon Wilson who plays some safety and occasionally gets in as a nickel back, and also doesn't often get beat deep. No doubt that's still the Patriots' weakness against the Ravens' strength, but the gap is at least a bit slimmer than it used to be.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think the Raven's D is a bit more worn out than in September.  They gave up 35 to the Broncos.  The Pats offense is better at putting up points than the Broncos were.  But, the long pass still scares me.  Ravens are playing well at the right time.  That is all that counts.

Scott

My Swing Thread

[QUOTE name="boogielicious" url="/t/63975/2013-nfl-playoffs/54#post_799280"] I think the Raven's D is a bit more worn out than in September.   [/QUOTE] Especially after playing extra time in Mile High..    I expect them to play hard and create some havoc early but wear down late in the game. My prediction is NE and SF win this weekend.   I said that before the season began and still believe it today even though both lost some games they shouldnt have..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I love how no one wants to give the Ravens a chance.  They also didnt give them a chance to beat Denver and look how that worked out.  Im not a Ravens fan but all of the Ravens haters are making me want to cheer for the Ravens.  Well, that and the fact that I cant stand the other 3 teams.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not sure where you get "haters" in the comments.  But since you state that you "hate" the other teams, I can see how you would blow any comment out of proportion.  Baltimore is a very good and dangerous team.  The last two games have come down to a field goal.  they know each other well.  No hate there.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'm pretty sure the Pats are gonna blow up the Ravens this week. Not hating, just exercising my opinion is all.

Their 31-30 game in week 3 this year was pretty awesome though... and then they played to 23-20 last year in the AFC Title game... that suggests this game will come down to the wire again. But I think if anyone is gonna win this game by a lot, it's going to be NE.

Constantine

What is the over/under on the amount of times Ray Lewis is shown on the sidelines?

I'm setting it at 21.5.

Constantine

• Administrator

What is the over/under on the amount of times Ray Lewis is shown on the sidelines?

Too many.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Have you seen that brace he's wearing on his arm? It actually seems more likely that's what his arm acually looks like, and they just took off the skin and we are looking at the bionic skelton.

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!