IGNORED

Counterfeit Clubs

urashanker
Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Old adage if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! Is coming back to bite me. I recently purchased some Ping G20 with australiagolfonline. The price was great and to tell the truth I hadnt even been into a store to compare, I snapped them up as there sale period was ending. Then with a puffed up chest I tell my mates, only to be warned of conterfeit products, the site looks professional and so I decided to do research. (a little late I know) email Ping they say they dont do online sales. Email seller they state they are OEM (original equipment manafacturer) although what this means is a little vague. Although they are yet to arrive (slightly worried over this too) I will be taking them straight to the pro to get his opinion. Also have the moral dillema of if they are fake I will have to send them back. I sold my other clubs already, its 85 degrees and no golf. What a rough few weeks.

. Although if they are not legit why dont Ping try to go after them and get them shut down? I provided details to ping.

Advice and comments welcomed.

What\s ur prob. Shanker?  Not one golfer in 1000 (or 1/10,000 hackers) can tell the playing difference between 'real' and not 'real'. Even the 'real' heads fly off the shaft, once in a while. And to tell u the truth, ALL are made in ...yeah, u guest it, the MAINLAND OF CHINA. Best to do is embrace the clubs and shoot par.

I custom ordered my G-20's online, and they were shipped directly from Ping, thru their authorized dealer.  I think a better question is to find out if your retailer is an authorized dealer.  Once you get your clubs, you then can register the serial numbers with Ping.  If in the process of registration you find out they are fakes, you can take action.

You may find that the clubs are real.  Know this,,Ping controls dealer pricing very seriously, so if you price is significantly below what other Ping retailers are selling sets for, there's a good chance authenticity is questionable.

I know its funny, but why be proud I tried the i20's and the truth is I have always struggled with irons. In a perfect scenario I would prefer a mixed set of 3-7 g20 and 8-pw in i20. I just need to get in on the green. I know plenty of show ponies who use a nice blade and then hit it like a donkey. I would prefer to look the a donkey and score like a stallion. Cheers.

True but if they arent really pings or the brand you choose, how can you have confidence that they have that greater sweet spot or other features. surely its just like buying generic club. Your right though I will definately try them and if I cant tell then yeah no dramas. But your wrong when you say shoot par thats always my goal, but theres a thing called the top two inches and I cant buy anything for that. lol. I have had several chances ie even playing the last, 3 under on the turn twice. Whats golf like in holland?? Driving ranges now is it?

True but if they arent really pings or the brand you choose, how can you have confidence that they have that greater sweet spot or other features. surely its just like buying generic club. Your right though I will definately try them and if I cant tell then yeah no dramas. But your wrong when you say shoot par thats always my goal, but theres a thing called the top two inches and I cant buy anything for that. lol. I have had several chances ie even playing the last, 3 under on the turn twice. Whats golf like in holland?? Driving ranges now is it?

Urashanker, try using the quote feature when replying to someone else's post, otherwise things can get pretty confusing around here. It's at the bottom of the post you are replying to. Welcome to the Trap.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by urashanker

Whats golf like in holland?? Driving ranges now is it?

I played the G15's for a year and couldn't get used. Played this week 4 rounds of golf, 2 on qualifying conditions. But its getting cold, so not sure about tomorrow. Most of the winter-period its possible to play, but when its freezing you have to play wintergreens.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Urashanker, try using the quote feature when replying to someone else's post, otherwise things can get pretty confusing around here. It's at the bottom of the post you are replying to.

Welcome to the Trap.

thanks. point taken.

Originally Posted by urashanker

The Old adage if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! Is coming back to bite me. I recently purchased some Ping G20 with australiagolfonline. The price was great and to tell the truth I hadnt even been into a store to compare, I snapped them up as there sale period was ending. Then with a puffed up chest I tell my mates, only to be warned of conterfeit products, the site looks professional and so I decided to do research. (a little late I know) email Ping they say they dont do online sales. Email seller they state they are OEM (original equipment manafacturer) although what this means is a little vague. Although they are yet to arrive (slightly worried over this too) I will be taking them straight to the pro to get his opinion. Also have the moral dillema of if they are fake I will have to send them back. I sold my other clubs already, its 85 degrees and no golf. What a rough few weeks.

. Although if they are not legit why dont Ping try to go after them and get them shut down? I provided details to ping.

Advice and comments welcomed.

I wouldn't sweat it yet.  Wait to get them in your hands and see what you got before worrying.

This thread kinda scared me a bit, so I took the time to review my Xmas gift.

Called Calloway and explained to them whom I bought my Diablos from. They verified that my Diablo Edges were bought from a legit online dealer of theirs. The lady did ask me for the Serial number on my 8 Iron (didn't know it was there). My driver is also legit, but bought from another dealer according to my wife.

Given the fact that my clubs are really two years old, I presume the prices dropped due to depreciation.

Good luck and I wish the best to urashanker.

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

I do not understand why anybody would buy golf clubs on line unless all that you are looking for is the cheapest stuff out there. If you want to make the best of your time and $ investment, why would you not go IN PERSON to a registered shop and be properly fitted by a professional? If you do not want to go through the time to be properly fitted with OEM equipment, then accept the "stuff" that you purchased on line for what it is, which frequently ends up being fake or junk and a waste of your hard earned $.

I do not understand why anybody would buy golf clubs on line unless all that you are looking for is the cheapest stuff out there. If you want to make the best of your time and $ investment, why would you not go IN PERSON to a registered shop and be properly fitted by a professional? If you do not want to go through the time to be properly fitted with OEM equipment, then accept the "stuff" that you purchased on line for what it is, which frequently ends up being fake or junk and a waste of your hard earned $.

Not a problem if you're experienced enough, know your specs, and what you need......

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My question is, why spend the money on fakes if you can just get wilson Ci9s for like 250$ new on amazon?

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Ok so they turned up from China(bad sign number 1) unwrap go to driving range 3rd swing with sand wedge something flies off(bad sign number 2) feel alright though. First swing with 8 iron something flies off (bad sign number 3) both things that flew off were the ping label that was just glued and glued poorly. After my first round with them and shooting 78 with only one fairway hit. To say im happy is an understatement. They hit good. So yes I love my new f20's. Would I reccomend this process to others probably not. but for the 400nz dollars the improvement and feel is signifacantly better than my old clubs. Each to there own if you can afford to get custom fitted and buy off a dealer then all power to you, but at the end of the day we are all just doing what we can to get that stupid white ball into that hole. So happy golf everyone.

Originally Posted by teed off

Because I am 5'11", perfect for default lie and length, the nearset shop is 1hr drive away, and I have to buy clubs for the whole family, so for me the internet is the only way to go, and I have not been burned yet.

How much does an average fitting cost anyway?

• Upvote 1

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!