IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i kind of look towards certain brand first like Cobra, Mizuno, and now Taylormade.

if I find a brand like Nickent in local stores, i'll try it out.

for some reason, I don't ever consider looking at callaway clubs

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loyal to Titleist for balls and Footjoy for gloves & shoes, but after that it's whatever works.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

I play what works... I have always really liked Cleveland, my first real nice set was Clevelands. I am pretty loyal to their wedges still as I am on my 3rd set. When I bought the Adams Irons in my sig I wanted to buy Clevelands and planned on buying the CG Reds, but these were better clubs (at least for me). I think highly of Callaway as a company, as I have heard many good things, but I don't like their irons.

I also like the idea of playing a few companies clubs so I can buy Nike, Adams, Cleveland, and Ping hats and shirts...
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

yes, but only because i get discounts from them. i would probably stick with callaway anyways, but i wouldnt be brand loyal, i would be open to explore the different brands, definately.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm brand loyal to Taylormade as of now. I love all clubs. I may go against the grain in regards to wedges as I have done with the putter (Nike), but woods and irons are all Taylormade.

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Im a big Adams Golf and Cobra fan

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

i become loyal to whatever balls i find if they are of good quality

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

No - not brand loyal!

Whatever weapons do the damage - The only consistency I have in the bag is TM woods (well - changing wedges soon) and this happened over time - Rescue is 4 years old, 3-wood is 2 years old and driver is brand new.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

why should i?
i'm not getting paid to use any company's equipment
in fact i have to pay money to get golf club
whoever pays is always the boss
ever heard of an employer "loyal" to an employee?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

I'm always looking for the best performing club in relation to price. Therefore, you have what's in my bag.

Same goes for balls. The only consistency is that they be soft and not high spinning.

The only piece of equipment I'm loyal to are shafts. I'm about to change the shafts in my hybrids to Accra. If I can do with my hybrids what I've done with my driver I will be very happy.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

When buying any new golf related items I always look at Nike's offerings first. I'm not just a produt of propoganda, though. There was a show on the Golf Channel a little while back about Tiger Woods and Nike and how they work together to produce the best product.

Tiger said they have butted heads many times but always come to a happy medium. Outside sources also said that no company has a better relationship with their tour players that Nike.

I was amazed by the amount of R&D; that Nike puts into their products. Their facilities are top notch and they really go above and beyond to find the best technology to suit their products. Their demo days are also really nice. They have state-of-the-art fitting systems and will spend immense amounts of time at a particular golf course to make sure everyone who wants to gets a chance to try their equipment.

This show was produced by the Golf Channel and Nike had nothing to do with what was shown or said so don't give me the propoganda/bias excuse. I am also not affiliated with Nike in any way. Just love their product.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Do you mean all the clubs in my bag are one brand? then hell no.

When i 1st started i thought it was important to have all one brand name.. even the bag should match. Now i find it a bit worthy when i see players with 12 handicaps and all one brand like they're tour pros. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup. I use what i feel is the best club for me in that aspect of the game.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Kind of...
I choose to play Ping or Taylormade for Woods, Mizuno or mostly Japanese forged for irons and Titleist or Cleveland for wedges and Ping or Titleist for putters. Balls can be Titleist, Bridgestone, Srixon or Callaway.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Titleist irons. Cleveland wedges and woods. If I could find a putter that would help me make more putts, I would switch in a second.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I'm kind of a Nike fan. About 5 or 6 years ago when I first started playing real golf, I was at the store looking for a differant logo than my boss and co-worker used (Titleist and Wilson), and decided I just liked the swoosh, lol. I've liked Nike stuff ever since.
I bought the new Sumo2 5900 driver and love it, but in my search for irons I like I'm open to other brands.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Note: This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!