• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bjoern2796

Tiger Woods hat on the weekend at majors

26 posts in this topic

I realized, that Tiger wears a hat with his TW logo on Thursday and Friday. But on the weekend he always (at majors) wears a hat with a Nike logo on the front. Here you can see his apperal for the 2012 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP.

And here is the apperal for the 2012 masters.

It's always the same thing at the majors. But at normal PGA TOUR tournaments he doesn't do that. Why? Does anybody know that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Interesting find. Nike wants their flag flying high during the weekend rounds at majors when the viewers eyes are on. I realize TW is part of NIKE, but a smaller niche market.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's always the same thing at the majors. But at normal PGA TOUR tournaments he doesn't do that. Why? Does anybody know that?

I really can't think of any other reason than marketing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seems it will be different in 2013.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golden

The white shoes only one day? Hmmmmm.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe his apparel will be synchronized with Rory, so Rory will be wearing black shoes one day and white the rest?

Originally Posted by iacas

The white shoes only one day? Hmmmmm.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find it weird that so much thought is put into this.  What I mean by that is, if I were the athlete in question, I'd want to be able to throw together an outfit the day before and be done with it.  I wouldn't want to have it planned out so far in advance and to this level.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was kind of weird until I saw people outside the ropes wearing the same outfits. It sells clothes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I thought it was kind of weird until I saw people outside the ropes wearing the same outfits. It sells clothes.

Ha!  That's interesting.  Never thought about that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you think how silly you would look in zebra striped shoes and polka dot shirts if you were paid $37,500.00 per day to wear them?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I find it weird that so much thought is put into this.  What I mean by that is, if I were the athlete in question, I'd want to be able to throw together an outfit the day before and be done with it.  I wouldn't want to have it planned out so far in advance and to this level.

What......you wouldn't want your "scripting" documents weeks in advance of tournaments?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats borderline creepy........I was recently told by a friend that as a grown man I looked ridiculous wearing a Niner jersey to a Niner game. Something about a man shouldnt wear another man's name on his back. (Sounds stupid to me) So now golf fans are matching outfits to their favorite players now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

 Thats; borderline creepy........I was recently told by a friend that as a grown man I looked ridiculous wearing a Niner jersey to a Niner game. Something about a man shouldnt wear another man's name on his back. (Sounds stupid to me) So now golf fans are matching outfits to their favorite players now?


I've never been into the jersey thing, but considering there was a stadium full of grown men wearing niner and packers jerseys when I went to the game last year, I'd say plenty of folks don't see an issue with it.  But this is more like stalking.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by 460CompMark

has anyone worn his new golf shoes?  are they comfortable?

I haven't.  But being a Cincy Bearcat alumn... I love the Black and Red.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've seen it a few times and not just Tiger's outfits. I've seen guys dressed like the TM/Adidas guys standing in the crowds on TV too. Can't say I'm crazy about Tiger's look so I wouldn't buy any of his stuff. Foley's Nike gear looks better to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0