IGNORED

How do you mark your game balls?

JasonInRaleigh
Note: This thread is 3816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cool. what's the cost?

I have written "I'm Lost" on balls before... I would post a pic but I lost them. :)

I put Adams and PING in my OGIO Recoil bag. I'm shooting for the low 90's by summer 13'

• 8 months later...

When I was coaching high school golf, one of our opponents said he like to personalize his balls and would mark his ball with a name of one of his friends: John, Helen, Fred, etc.  The golfer said he would feel bad if he lost the ball or hit it into the water, and this helped him to concentrate.  Then one of our guys asked him if he had "Harry" balls. Pretty hilarious.

As for me...

If the number is below the brand name, I mark my ball by filling in one dimple below and to the right of the ball's number.

If the number is above the brand name, I mark my ball by filling in one dimple above and to the right of the ball's number.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Yellow ball. Alignment line with perp line through the middle. Underline numbers. Smiley face under ball type name (e.g. "Z-Star). Use either red or black sharpie and carry a different number ball as provisional (so if hitting a "1" my provisional can be any number except "1."

If you accidentally hit my ball, you are swinging with your eyes closed.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Green dot before # red dot after. Was going to go with a yellow dot, but hard to see. Also looks like pee on your ball. My crazy way of telling myself to slow down. And I'm Italian!

marking a ball with a dot is almost worthless in real life....hit the ball in the junk, and you can't ID it unless you pick it up............and play with it a little.  It's like comparing masturbation to having sex.......and real golf to fake golf............

Hey...it's a Pinnacle with a black dot, it must be mine! :roll:

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

marking a ball with a dot is almost worthless in real life....hit the ball in the junk, and you can't ID it unless you pick it up............and play with it a little.  It's like comparing masturbation to having sex.......and real golf to fake golf............

Hey...it's a Pinnacle with a black dot, it must be mine!

Honestly though, how many balls do you find that were even marked in the first place?! ;-)

I use a blue dot, above and just to the right of the last "t" in Titleist.  On both sides.......that seems to solve the rough problem.  I also only play high number balls.  I have yet to see another similarly marked ball.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Hey...it's a Pinnacle with a black dot, it must be mine!

Honestly though, how many balls do you find that were even marked in the first place?!

I use a blue dot, above and just to the right of the last "t" in Titleist.  On both sides.......that seems to solve the rough problem.  I also only play high number balls.  I have yet to see another similarly marked ball.

I've even found one of my own "lost" balls.  When you play the same course for your home course for 30 years, things like that happen.  I'd say that about half of the balls I stumble across (I don't deliberately search for them) are marked in some way.  That is probably because a lot of the regulars there are in our 250 member men's club, or one of the other formal leagues (we have several which play as strictly by the rules as the men's club does, including the large Thursday 18 hole women's league).  We have a lot of players who play all the time with balls carrying their individual mark, so it's inevitable that a lot of lost balls also happen to be marked.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My daughter bought me the Callaway marking tool that Target sells for my birthday. I mark with 2 long intersecting lines, and 2 stars on each side of the ball. No mistaking my ball for anyone else's... and when the sharpie is fresh it leaves clubface markings... double effectiveness.

I only recently have started marking my balls. I picked up one of those clamshell things that has a place to trace in a perfectly straight line. I have left a lot of birdies on the course as a result of being unable to make my first putt so as an effort to improve that I've started putting a green line from the ball's existing alignment mark/model. It's not all the way around the ball but maybe a third of the the way, I like it on the Penta 3's because it follows the seam on the ball too.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I would get distracted playing the balls in the first post.

Mine are marked with two red dots.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

various markings and color depending on my mood when I buy the dozen. Dot above number, below, either side of the secondary logo line, etc... But when I bought the 3F12's, they're pretty rare so I didn't even mark them at all. I just remember the number in the event of a provie and move on.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg

Maybe I have too much free time that night but I have enjoyed playing these. They are great conversation starters and I never have to second guess if a ball is or was mine.

Any other "creative" markers out there?

When I saw the subject line, I thought to myself, hey, here comes another silly thread.   I must admit I LOL'd at your ball mark pic..

Wow, a lot of dot lovers here.   Seems like it can lead to confusion (and penalty stroke hitting wrong ball?) during a busy tournament time.   You dot lovers need to think more creatively and learn from JinRaleigh :-P .

As for me, I am a liner as opposed to being a dotter.   I draw two straight lines on a side of ball model name, e.g., ----- pro v1 -----.   Pardon my crude drawing.    Occasionally, I run into another liner but I manage to hit my ball.

The funniest one I've seen is that of my brother's.   He draws a straight line ending with a big arrow at one end.   On the other end of the arrow, he has his initials left and right of the line.   It truly looks like a penis.    See another crude illustration below.

^

|

ab

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I know we have had this thread before, but mine is my avatar.

LOL.  Proves your love of Tom Brady that you actually put photos of him on your golf balls.

:-P

(On another similar note ... it would be fun to go dig up that "Rate your avatar" thread from a year or two ago to see the odd comments on people's since-changed pics)

Use a red line and red dot using Check-Go Pro for new balls

Use a blue line and blue dot using Check-Go Pro for recycled balls.

Joe Paradiso

LOL.  Proves your love of Tom Brady that you actually put photos of him on your golf balls.

(On another similar note ... it would be fun to go dig up that "Rate your avatar" thread from a year or two ago to see the odd comments on people's since-changed pics)

That will teach me to change my avatar after posting - i like the idea of going through the old avatar thread

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I have one of those clam shell ball markers, and   do 4 of the short lines parallel to the balls'   ProV1 or U4x, or B330X   or whatever the ball's name is....  and then on the other side of the ball, I put a 1, 2 or 3...

that way i can tell if it's mine even in deep rough..

It is what it is

Two red dots above the logo/label - one on each side of the number & Two red dots below the logo/label - again one on each side if the number. I like to use 1s and/or 3s for play first and 2s for provisional. Save the 4s for last.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Note: This thread is 3816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!