• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonInRaleigh

How do you mark your game balls?

69 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

[URL=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/Mr_DIY/photobucket-47114-1358272082942.jpg[/URL] Maybe I have too much free time that night but I have enjoyed playing these. They are great conversation starters and I never have to second guess if a ball is or was mine. Any other "creative" markers out there?

Waaaaay too much time on your hands! 1 blue dot just to the upper right of the last "t" in Titleist....... High numbers only, BTW. :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a Tin Cup stencil of a shark (because I'm a scuba diver, not a Greg Norman fan ).  I use both blue and black Sharpies so I can tell a provisional ball from the original ball.

Haha, I was trying to find something to do while sitting in bed. My wife was watching "The Real Housewives of __________" .... I opted for anything else.

I think they helped me to "beat" my mental golf game

a shark outline- Nice... I like it. Scuba is awesome!!

I use a [URL=http://www.tin-cup.com/]Tin Cup[/URL] stencil of a shark (because I'm a scuba diver, not a Greg Norman fan e3_rolleyes.gif ).  I use both blue and black Sharpies so I can tell a provisional ball from the original ball.

This is a great point.... How many others out there know to mark their provisional differently than the original ball? I put 2 dots on the provisional.

I know we have had this thread before, but mine is my avatar.

With two big black stripes around the ball.

No wait...those are the range balls I steal.

One black dot above the name, both sides. I don't mark my provisional differently.

It depends on the balls and who I am playing with. I mark them all the same and if a provisional is a factor I uses different numbers and note them before the shot. The biggest issue I've had is with a Pro V, if another player is using one they think any Pro v is theirs, so I mark them good.

I put a couple smily faces on them.  Reminds me to relax when things aren't going my way, which is almost always, and is hard to confuse with someone else's.  Great conversation starter, too.

I try to avoid putting my initials on them so that they can't identify me when I shank it through someone's window or hit the guy standing behind me.

Originally Posted by David in FL

This is a great point....

How many others out there know to mark their provisional differently than the original ball?

I put 2 dots on the provisional.

Most of mine have 3 blue dots, but I mark a few with 3 red dots and keep one of those in my pocket in case I need a provisional. That also helps me avoid accidentally playing the wrong ball if I mark it on the green and put it in my pocket.

A line above the name with two dots on it.  Originally started with "crossing my t's and dotting my i's" on a Titleist.  That was too hard to read so moved it above the name and simplified it.  Use a red marker for all my markings.

Wow, more responses than I expected.  This has left me with a question though.  What is a provisional ball?

also- I'll be uploading my newest "too much time in the office" marked balls shortly LOL.   The alignment line doesn't sound like a bad idea.

feel free to tell any  "I found this crazy ball one time stories"