IGNORED

What was your first eagle

walrus12kp
Note: This thread is 3886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Channel AmTour Tournament

10th Hole, Par 5, dog leg left

Tee shot leaves me 260 to go , over the dogleg... so I lay up with a 6i

107 yards out, 50 degree wedge... hits the green, 2 hops... in the cup

Longest hole out I've ever had, it was awesome.

I drove a 315 yard par 4 green to about 15 feet. Ended up with par.

Fail. lol

In other words...I'll let you know when it happens.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit this one onto the par 5 green this morning in 2:

Here was the putt...Dang it!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

Hit this one onto the par 5 green this morning in 2:

Here was the putt...Dang it!

Did you make the birdie?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Did you make the birdie?

Toilet bowl and in! I need an aimpoint class and putting lesson bad.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

2 years ago in July of 2011. I was 26 and hovering around 11-12 HC.

Hole 17 at Deerpass Golf Course in Seville, OH. A 305 yard Par 4. You are teeing off, through a clearing of trees on your right and left with about a 40 yard clearance to pass through, to a fairway which undulates slightly and increases in slope moving uphill. At the hills peak, it drops off straight down to the green, which is a blind shot from anywhere above the hill on the fairway. The drop in elevation is at least 25 feet over 15 yards (very severe slope).

I lined up my drive to play over the woods on the right-hand side of the fairway since I know I have the elevation in my drive to clear them comfortably and hoped to draw the ball back. I found my target, which was the club house, and envisioned my ball drawing to the green. I took a deep breath, one waggle, and let loose. I had a beautiful push draw which led my ball out over the trees and I followed it coming in towards where I know the green to be after years of playing the course.

My father lines up and hits a similar shot and we laugh about it because we know he doesn't have the distance to reach this green and typically plays laid up for a Lob Wedge. We get in our cart after he tees off and we're laughing and did a little bud light cheers on the way to the top of the hill to see one ball laying within 7 feet of the hole.

Right away, my dad grabs his putter and walks towards the green, while I finish my beer off knowing I can't think about the nerves of the putt that is surely mine. My dad walks up to the green and identifies the ball as his. Meanwhile, I panic and take a quick look around and see no ball in sight while thinking there's no way in hell my dad out drove me and reached this green... My drive felt too good to not have a ball on the floor!

That's right about when my dad laughed and said "Son, this one is yours. Look at the bunker..." and I saw his fried egg about 30 yards from the green in the trap.

My father played his ball up and then 2 putted for par. Meanwhile, I just remember taking one deep breath, closed my eyes for a second, opened them back up and played the right to left putt perfectly. My ball ran in a little hot but dropped dead center and I just let out a big "Hell yeah!!".

High fives from my dad and the other 2 guys on an adjacent tee who saw my ball land and waited to ask me if that was my drive was one of my best holes played to date and only an Ace will top that for me personally.

Beers flowed like the salmon of Capistrano all night!

I think I probably had one before this but the first one that really stuck in my memory was during a best ball tournament I played in during high school (tournament wasn't school related).  We knew we were behind a couple strokes going into the back 9 and started making up ground.  We came to 15 which is a dog leg par four and I hit a great drive leaving me about 90 yards out.  The pin was up against the right side of the green which slopes from right to left and there's a bunker guarding the whole right side.  At that point we were just trying to make birdies so I aimed right in between the pin and that bunker, choked down on a sand wedge and just went for it.  Sure enough it landed right where I was aiming, checked up and broke left right into the hole.

Haven't had any since I took up golf again in 4/2012 but I've missed plenty. Just last Sun. I hit two par 5's in two and stumbled to par on both.

Dave :-)

Two years ago, 485 yard par 5. Sharp dogleg right at about 200 yards with mature woods left and right. Luckily for me, if I really lay into my driver, I have a pretty aggressive slice. I tucked the ball around the corner leaving me 150 yards to the pin. Nice easy swing with the 7 iron landed me at 4 feet. Slid the putt in for my 3.

I'm 28 years old (26 at the time), no idea what my handicap is. I never bothered to calculate it.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Just this Sunday. First time I've ever played alone. Got to the course and the guy in the pro shop told me to hurry and tee off before the 4 some that just got here. Was about to tee off on par 5 when they pulled up. Bit more pressure, hit it almost straight, small fade on very slight dogleg left. Found the ball off fairway much farther than I anticipated. I usually track my shots with golfshot but no time, close to 275. Had 231 to middle, uphill. I usually stick with irons so hit 4 iron knowing I couldn't reach it. Almost got it on the fringe, had perfect 50/50 chip. After hitting it, I knew it was going in and all I was thinking about was....nobody here to see this but me. Very special anyways. Ended up with an 88 with a 9 on the 9th hole....(haven't shot 80's since last summer)

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

first eagle i hit and rolled a green on a par 4 from just shy of 150 lol that was a pretty sweet first one, and ill never forget it!! i remember sayin to buddy when it landed at the front and kicked left and forward 'thats f**king in!!' and sure enough it rolled to the flag and vanished haha it was a great feeling total luck but wat the hey it was a big 2 on a par 4!

Originally Posted by sopel10

Just this Sunday. First time I've ever played alone. Got to the course and the guy in the pro shop told me to hurry and tee off before the 4 some that just got here. Was about to tee off on par 5 when they pulled up. Bit more pressure, hit it almost straight, small fade on very slight dogleg left. Found the ball off fairway much farther than I anticipated. I usually track my shots with golfshot but no time, close to 275. Had 231 to middle, uphill. I usually stick with irons so hit 4 iron knowing I couldn't reach it. Almost got it on the fringe, had perfect 50/50 chip. After hitting it, I knew it was going in and all I was thinking about was....nobody here to see this but me.

Very special anyways. Ended up with an 88 with a 9 on the 9th hole....(haven't shot 80's since last summer)

This is the reason I fear golfing alone sometimes. I just KNOW I'm gonna get that hole in one, or pull of some miraculous shot when nobody is around to see it but me.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Today.  Par 4, hit the drive left and had 140 left to the pin.

Hit a soft 9 landed short of the flag and rolled in, it was really cool to hear it hit the pin and disappear from that distance away.

Of course I was by myself, but none the less, my first eagle.

Can you see the flag?

I've had 3 two were long putts. I was probably a 17-20 handicap 19yrs old for the 1st one I was with my buddy probably 60+ feet from the flag. I joked with him saying can u tend that then hit the putt. About 10 feet from the hole he ran over and pulled the flag. My favorite was a chip in on a par 5. It was a 530 par 5 into the wind hit a perfect drive followed by a perfect 3 wood and was still 40 yds short. Hit a perfect sand wedge to kind of a blind flag and didn't even see it go in.

Finally, it took 14 months but at last I made the eagle putt. Short par 5 at a course I don't play often but it's tough 74.7/131. 480 yds hit driver and 4h, actually hit the ball exactly how I wanted to, nice little cut to an elevated green. I knew it was close but I didn't expect a 6 footer. A little nervous but I made it. It was a very cool feeling but sadly two doubles followed and I struggled to a 44.

Dave :-)

I believe it was a 5w roll in to the cup on a par 4. I know i have the ball marked and put away somewhere.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

17 handicap at the time. Early 2000's. It was on a 350 yard par 4 and I skied my tee shot to the right, advancing it maybe 70 yards. I hit a 3 wood (a real wood too) and crushed it. The ball bounced twice in the fairway and ran up on the green. When we got to the green and I didn't see the ball I thought it went over and rolled off the back of the green into a pot bunker. My partner checked the cup and there it was.

Note: This thread is 3886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!