IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very cool, @cipher ! Looks like fun. Glad you found a way to enjoy "golf" through your injury.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rules violation at 1:24! You were not outside the circle! :)

My bad!  :-)  Still learning the rules.

Very cool, @cipher! Looks like fun. Glad you found a way to enjoy "golf" through your injury.

Thanks yeah it is a lot of fun!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• 3 weeks later...

Workin' on my form:

Nate

Workin' on my form:

So is a good feel like you are pulling the disc down straight down the target line?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

So is a good feel like you are pulling the disc down straight down the target line?

I think that's generally a good feel. Not around.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76528

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Erik already answered but yeah. Hardest part is actually getting that arm extended out at A4 ;-) with your back to the target.

Nate

I broke my wrist several years ago and went through surgery + rehab (not golf related). I m sure you will recover well. My advice to you is to avoid hitting any kind of irons/woods on the mats.

If you don't have any other choice (weather) , tee up always, avoiding any contact with the ground. Not only mats are damaging your tendons and ligaments but even your clubs and finally altering your swing. if you can choose practice only on real turf, if you can't tee up.

Best of luck to you

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

I broke my wrist several years ago and went through surgery + rehab (not golf related). I m sure you will recover well. My advice to you is to avoid hitting any kind of irons/woods on the mats. If you don't have any other choice (weather) , tee up always, avoiding any contact with the ground. Not only mats are damaging your tendons and ligaments but even your clubs and finally altering your swing. if you can choose practice only on real turf, if you can't tee up. Best of luck to you

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Nate

• 1 month later...

No real updates.  Looking to probably have surgery sometime around January.  That is about it.  Until I know more...thanks to all who have put in the effort to help my swing improve over the years.

Nate

No real updates.  Looking to probably have surgery sometime around January.  That is about it.  Until I know more...thanks to all who have put in the effort to help my swing improve over the years.

:-( Get well soon, Nate.

Constantine

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Ditto. I'll talk to you off and on of course, @cipher . I know thinking about golf right now is depressing. That'll change around March. In fact, that's one of the things I want for my birthday: a happy Nate ready to play some golf again soon. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That sucks, bro. Get it fixed and healthy, you'll be back on the links in no time :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Much appreciated everyone.

Nate

• 1 month later...

Attempting to claw my way out of the cave.  Yesterday I was able to make my first semi full swing in nearly 6 months after my initial ECU tendon subluxation injury.  I was swinging at about 70%. The tendon still feels pretty unstable and a bit painful but it did not fully pop out at any point.  I would say this is a victory in the road to getting through this. I had to cheat the grip a little bit.  It was a bit palmy in the left grip and not quite so much in the fingers.  This is not ideal, but it helps to reduce the amount of ulnar deviation that is problematic.  I also have to keep the left hand grip pretty strong which does help as recommended to me by @poser . Also I have to try and hold off as much supination after impact, by not allowing the club to overtake(which has always been a problem for me and continues to be).  So the question is, how do I get more Zach Johnson after impact?  How do I work to maintain a more wrist cupping/extension and hold off the rolling over of the club?

• Upvote 1

Nate

Welcome back!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Welcome back!

Thanks Lihu.  I will try and get back to close to 100% over the next couple months.  If I have any setbacks it will be surgery time at that point, but this could be a good sign that I may not need it.  Right now I can't really swing anything longer than a 6 iron I would say.

Nate

Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!