IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wondering if how much my right arm is folded at adress could be a problem? I have not seen many swings with this much trailing arm bend at address...

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wondering if how much my right arm is folded at adress could be a problem? I have not seen many swings with this much trailing arm bend at address...

Interesting.  Kind of the opposite of my look. @mvmac suggested I try to make my right arm a bit more like yours.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Interesting.  Kind of the opposite of my look.  @mvmac suggested I try to make my right arm a bit more like yours.

Ditto here, except the other arm.

Relaxing it helped me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Interesting.  Kind of the opposite of my look.  @mvmac suggested I try to make my right arm a bit more like yours.

I am splitting hairs but am just trying to figure out if it is a bit too much.

Nate

I go through a rough patch of playing usually a few weeks into playing each spring.  This is one of the worst I can remember.  It was ugly out there this morning.  Everything is either thin or a straight push, so frustrating.

Nate

When you're having trouble pushing the ball, what are some feels you work on?

Despondency Embarrassment Helplessness Anger And those are just a few... :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Despondency

Embarrassment

Helplessness

Anger

And those are just a few...

Frustration

Anxiety

Hopelessness

Abdominal pain

Dry Heave

;-)

Actually I will take the pushes any day over the hooks.  You don't want to know my list for feels with the hooks.

When you're having trouble pushing the ball, what are some feels you work on?

I check the grip.  Made a change today at the range that seemed to help a bit in the irons.  Strengthened the right hand again slightly.  The problem is doing that for me tends to lead to hooks in the fairway wood and driver, but it does really help the irons.  I literally can't get a ball off the ground hardly with a fairway wood at the moment unless I try and slice it.  Other than that, I make sure the hips are turning quickly enough in the down swing, "feel" the hands ahead of the club head to A9, I also check the left wrist at A4 and where the head is moving.  It is a constant search for the right setup to produce the best results for all the clubs.

Nate

We are trying to fix the exit:

Drilled it around the course the morning a bit and hit my intended start lines much better with the irons:

Almost had my first eagle of the year.  Went for it in two.. :-D I was only 200 out.  Missed the putt off the right edge, it was a tricky little double breaker.  Easy birdie.

Nate

• Administrator

Almost had my first eagle of the year.  Went for it in two..  I was only 200 out.  Missed the putt off the right edge, it was a tricky little double breaker.  Easy birdie.

Of course you should. From 200 yards out the green would have to be entirely surrounded by water or other sorts of severe peril to make anything else the better play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Of course you should. From 200 yards out the green would have to be entirely surrounded by water or other sorts of severe peril to make anything else the better play.

Yeah it is actually a pretty easy shot.  I landed out to the right(from the view of the picture) just short where the green meets the fairway, I knew that the green will funnel the ball back to the hole and it curled around to that position.

Nate

Played well this morning for the most part.  Two birdies and two bogies.  Not a long nine but still pretty solid.  Hit the ball well off the tee except for the last two par four holes.  Hit a snap hook on the longest par four that cost me a stroke and hit a thin pull on the last that I had to hack out back into the fairway.  Other than that it was pretty solid and the irons are on right now.  Especially my wedge game.   I am bit surprised at how fast the changes we started working on are helping me.  Hopefully hell week is over, you never know though.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Played well this morning for the most part.  Two birdies and two bogies.  Not a long nine but still pretty solid.  Hit the ball well off the tee except for the last two par four holes.  Hit a snap hook on the longest par four that cost me a stroke and hit a thin pull on the last that I had to hack out back into the fairway.  Other than that it was pretty solid and the irons are on right now.  Especially my wedge game.   I am bit surprised at how fast the changes we started working on are helping me.  Hopefully hell week is over, you never know though.

Nice card....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Nice card....

Thank you.

Nate

Played well this morning for the most part.  Two birdies and two bogies.  Not a long nine but still pretty solid.  Hit the ball well off the tee except for the last two par four holes.  Hit a snap hook on the longest par four that cost me a stroke and hit a thin pull on the last that I had to hack out back into the fairway.  Other than that it was pretty solid and the irons are on right now.  Especially my wedge game.   I am bit surprised at how fast the changes we started working on are helping me.  Hopefully hell week is over, you never know though. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/98421/] [/URL]

Nice.. It must feel good!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Nice.. It must feel good!

Thanks.  It is good to finally post what I think I should have been doing weeks ago.  However to be honest, all I can think about is the frustration of the two bad tee shots on 16 and 18.

Nate

Thanks.  It is good to finally post what I think I should have been doing weeks ago.  However to be honest, all I can think about is the frustration of the two bad tee shots on 16 and 18.

It must be nice to only be frustrated with 2 shots. :censored: Thats a hell of a round bud.  Hows that new putter treating ya?

Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!