IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing this.  I appreciate it.  Yeah the "out" feeling feels really weird right now.  I was not sure if I should be feeling that, so I am glad you mentioned it.  Past A3 I think I will still fight a tendency to get too deep with the hands/club, but hopefully all this will help make it less severe.  I have noticed as well that I can go out and up but still lay the club down too flat, so I have to keep an eye on that.  I will be working on it a lot into A2 and A3 to really work in the feel for this.  Thanks!

Yea, I know that problem :whistle:

For me it was just pounding those drills till the move didn't feel HORRIBLE!!! Good Luck!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, I know that problem :whistle: For me it was just pounding those drills till the move didn't feel HORRIBLE!!! Good Luck!!!

Thanks, yeah I am hoping it is the last really "big" change I need to make for a while.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

About as close as I have come to an eagle on a par 4 this morning. Even a blind acorn finds a squirrel once in a while.

Nate

About as close as I have come to an eagle on a par 4 this morning. Even a blind acorn finds a squirrel once in a while.

Stupid slow greens :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Stupid slow greens

Yeah I totally misread that one.  I thought they were rolling at 9. :doh:

Nate

Well @Ernest Jones I now know what push fades with the irons are like. :-P

Nate

Well @Ernest Jones I now know what push fades with the irons are like.

Awesome, eh?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Welcome to the club? But I'm planning on leaving soon, I'm sure Ernest is too.. So, don't plan on a long stay! ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awesome, eh?

Oh yeah!  I wanted to try and exaggerate it as much as I could at first to really feel the difference.  It probably did not help that I was making the downswings with the basket there.  Now hopefully I can reign it in a bit and find the middle ground with better turning rates going back as it becomes more comfortable.

Welcome to the club? But I'm planning on leaving soon, I'm sure Ernest is too.. So, don't plan on a long stay! ;)

Yeah I don't think I have checked into "Hotel California" anyway. ;-)

P.S. Not sure what happend to my post above.  Here is the video again even though EJ quoted it.

Nate

Well @Ernest Jones I now know what push fades with the irons are like.

Welcome to the club?

Yeah. @cipher better bring donuts to the team meetings this season.  Lotta vets on the club.

Yeah I don't think I have checked into "Hotel California" anyway.

Ha.  That's what you think.  You can check out any time you like, but you can't never leave.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Yeah.  @cipher better bring donuts to the team meetings this season.  Lotta vets on the club.

Some rookie hazing for me then.  Just let me know, Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

Nate

• Administrator

I'd wager that you're not quite doing what @cbrian is looking for here. I did hear him say "make it goofy" so maybe he's looking for it to be overdone as a quick example, but, in the end… I don't think he wants your hands actually going "up" that way, that's "out" away from you.

More green arrow, to correct the red arrow. Not the black arrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd wager that you're not quite doing what @cbrian is looking for here. I did hear him say "make it goofy" so maybe he's looking for it to be overdone as a quick example, but, in the end… I don't think he wants your hands actually going "up" that way, that's "out" away from you.

Ha.  Looked overdone to me too but I was assuming that he was doing it that way on purpose to make green arrow feel comfortable more quickly, cause at least it's not black arrow?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I'd wager that you're not quite doing what @cbrian is looking for here. I did hear him say "make it goofy" so maybe he's looking for it to be overdone as a quick example, but, in the end… I don't think he wants your hands actually going "up" that way, that's "out" away from you.

Ha. Looked overdone to me too but I was assuming that he was doing it that way on purpose to make green arrow feel comfortable more quickly, cause at least it's not black arrow?

You mean red right?

And yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

I wanted to try and exaggerate it as much as I could at first to really feel the difference.  Now hopefully I can reign it in a bit and find the middle ground with better turning rates going back as it becomes more comfortable.

However, I did think I was supposed to feel some out...I will work on just the "UP".  That makes it way easier. :-D Thanks for the visual @iacas .

Nate

• Administrator

You mean red right?

Red was my approximation of what you're doing now. Too much in, not enoug

However, I did think I was supposed to feel some out...I will work on just the "UP".  That makes it way easier.   Thanks for the visual @iacas.

He might have, but you probably overdid it. Your hands shouldn't actually ever really go OUT there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Red was my approximation of what you're doing now. Too much in, not enoug He might have, but you probably overdid it. Your hands shouldn't actually ever really go OUT there.

Okay perfect. I might even need to feel "slight" out just to get the hands moving on the green line instead of the red. I will keep at it though and see what it feels like. My guess is it just feels back and up when I do it correctly.

Nate

Sorry if my bringing up the out contributed to this at all.  I mentioned it just because when I started making this shift even swings where my hands were right on the green line it felt like I was doing what you were actually doing in the last video.  But then I was sucking my hands back much worse than you to start...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Sorry if my bringing up the out contributed to this at all.  I mentioned it just because when I started making this shift even swings where my hands were right on the green line it felt like I was doing what you were actually doing in the last video.  But then I was sucking my hands back much worse than you to start...

No it is good information. Thanks for the thoughts!

Nate

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!