IGNORED

When will Tiger reclaim #1 OWGR?

k-troop
Note: This thread is 3990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RetroJFrancisco

Yeah.. But just ruins the experience for anyone who wants to see some golf rather than him? Sometimes the coverage would rather show him strolling down the fairway eating a chocolate rather than someone line up an actual shot?

Not many people want to see the third place, 5 strokes behind, runner up, lining up a putt.  At least they still show the putt, right?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Not many people want to see the third place, 5 strokes behind, runner up, lining up a putt.  At least they still show the putt, right?

Sometimes, but usually they will only show say a 3rd place if say.. They stiff it from 150 or whatever.. Or hole a monsterous putt.

• Administrator

Sometimes, but usually they will only show say a 3rd place if say.. They stiff it from 150 or whatever.. Or hole a monsterous putt.

Not true. Your perceptions are coloring your memory.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When Tiger is playing well, or is in contention, they usually show all his shots, but in between, they always show shots of other players. As the final group nears the end, there will of course be more shots of fairway-walks, but nothing out of the ordinary. Personally, I seem to remember this being a bigger issue right after he came back to competitive golf. He didn´t play very well at first, but they spent a lot of coverage on his game. As things have started to normalize, I don´t feel any excessive TV-time for Tiger. At least not more than you would expect for someone like him.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by iacas

Not true. Your perceptions are coloring your memory.

Guessing you are an American, which means your perceptions are colouring yours.

Or I should say your patriotism would make you oblivious to the fact that he is loved way too much on the PGA tour.

• Administrator

Or I should say your patriotism would make you oblivious to the fact that he is loved way too much on the PGA tour.

No, and patriotism has nothing to do with it.

He's loved too much for you , but like I said, many more people watch ONLY when Tiger is playing than dislike seeing him play. WAY more. From every country.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Strange comment. The guy is a once in a lifetime type of golfer.

I'm not sure I get it.  I'd say he's shown about as much as you would expect the most prolific golfer of this generation to be shown.  And when he's winning or dominant, they showcase him even more.  But they tend to do that with all of the winners in the final 3-5 holes of a round.

Somebody create a thread about how long he will hold onto it now.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Tiger Woods will regain the #1 ranking on March 25th, 2013 at 1:41 PM Eastern.

What do I win??

You win a nice pat on the head... which if you think about it is just as good as the millions of dollars, fame, and women Tiger has.

Constantine

Originally Posted by RetroJFrancisco

Yeah.. But just ruins the experience for anyone who wants to see some golf rather than him? Sometimes the coverage would rather show him strolling down the fairway eating a chocolate rather than someone line up an actual shot?

I watch the LPGA tour when its the only golf on tv, so I don't think I fit into the group of people who only watch golf because of Tiger.  But when Tiger is in contention, I want to see every shot he takes, minus the tap ins.  Just like when I went to see the Ravens play I paid attention to Ray Lewis on every play.

Quote:

Come on, patriotism has nothing to do with wanting to watch the (maybe) GOAT when he is WINNING a golf tournament.  Though, it likely has something to do with NOT wanting to watch that.  I suppose you'd rather see if Luke Donald can eek out another top 10 finish?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

You win a nice pat on the head... which if you think about it is just as good as the millions of dollars, fame, and women Tiger has.

Thank you.  I feel better knowing that I'm a slouch.  A tremendous slouch.

Originally Posted by dsc123

I suppose you'd rather see if Luke Donald can eek out another top 10 finish?

Ha...this made me lol.

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Turns out the new Tiger Woods is the old Tiger Woods.

Or to quote The Who:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

They said on SportsCenter last night that he would regain the top ranking with a win at Bay Hill. I'll say he does that.

This and picking Harvard to win in the first round?! I'm going to have to go bet on horses or something tomorrow.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

try using google, you can probably find out how the OWGR works in about 20 seconds. basically a weighted average of the best performance over the last two years.

why do people get so irked about someone with no major ranking highly. Its simple math. What do people what a ranking system that only applies to those with a major?

Note: This thread is 3990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!