IGNORED

Getting my weight forward.......WHY

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
That it does for any tour swing. Anyone saying things differently dont understand weight shift. The weight shifts during the swing so before impact the weight is on the trailing side. past impact the weight has shifted to the left side. Moving the hips laterally isnt enough. Tour pro´s also hit it short due to them dont utilize weight shift effectively as they loose accuracy if they do so.

Wrong. Sorry. Makes no sense unless today is Opposite Day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
hey logman...take a full bodied swing with your driver...did your weight shift? of course it did...now go play.

To be fair weight doesn't have to be very forward to hit a teed ball.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Originally Posted by dak4n6

Say what again! I dare you. I double dare you!

Originally Posted by Shortylook

Hi Erik,

I've have just had a lesson last week and my pro said my biggest problem is getting my hips to fire and my weight foward. When I do both of these things, I hit what very closely resembles a good golf shot. When I don't I slice and hook and do all shorts of shitty shots. I just wish I could be more consistent with this as it makes my game a heap better. I guessed practice  is the only way I'm going to make this happen

Same here.  You're a 28 and I'm an 11.  Same rules for both of us.  Today during my round I became very conscious of when I cleared my hips and when I didn't.  When I don't, shanks, over-the-top hooks and weak pushes are all in play.

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Say what again! I dare you. I double dare you!

Needs more cursing.

Originally Posted by iacas

To be fair weight doesn't have to be very forward to hit a teed ball.

I'm glad to hear this.  It had been feeling--to me, at the range--that the weight shift wasn't as critical on the 3w and driver swings.  When my hips didn't clear, I still made good contact and the misses weren't as dramatic.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by iacas

Wrong. Sorry. Makes no sense unless today is Opposite Day.

You simply dont understand.

Very common out there.
if you dont understand a weight shift and how the transfer of weight is made in an athletic motion then I guess your not teaching athletic stuff. Nothing wrong with it but who wants to be a short hitter in golf?

Force and shift of weight is linear and angular, and weight is transfered during an active move from one side to the other side which also means the golfer is in transition during the impact zone. During the transition phase the golfer is also weight less for a moment due to the inert forces and again indicate a transfer of momentum and force.
Moving weight is a key ingredient to create leverage and speed trough force.

You can either do it the way Hogan did it which requires a ton of range work to keep the timing up and your also wont be a long hitter that way. You can do it the way stack and tilt does it and be a short hitter and spreading the ball all over the course.

Still it wont change that the weight will be on the trailing side before impact and and on the leading side after impact.
If one do a proper athletic swing.
Tour pro´s cant do that due to them loose out accuracy when they try for more distance as they increase their timing which they then cant handle. Just ask Luke Donald.

Robert Something

It's nice to know that I am weightless momentarily during my swing.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

Very common out there.

if you dont understand a weight shift and how the transfer of weight is made in an athletic motion then I guess your not teaching athletic stuff. Nothing wrong with it but who wants to be a short hitter in golf?

Force and shift of weight is linear and angular, and weight is transfered during an active move from one side to the other side which also means the golfer is in transition during the impact zone. During the transition phase the golfer is also weight less for a moment due to the inert forces and again indicate a transfer of momentum and force.

You can either do it the way Hogan did it which requires a ton of range work to keep the timing up and your also wont be a long hitter that way. You can do it the way stack and tilt does it and be a short hitter and spreading the ball all over the course.

Still it wont change that the weight will be on the trailing side before impact and and on the leading side after impact.

Tour pro´s cant do that due to them loose out accuracy when they try for more distance as they increase their timing which they then cant handle. Just ask Luke Donald.

He does not understand, but he has researched this for a living?  Can you provide your evidence please?  The only evidence we have seen here suggests otherwise.  Before impact your leading leg is putting pressure into and extending the body away from the ground.  How can you be weightless unless you are doing it to early and jumping before you hit the ball? What you are saying just sounds silly.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yesterday I was using my weight forward SnT swing with my driver (although I agree with Erik that the big stick doesn't need as much weight forward as irons) and I hit 11/14 FIR around 250-260 yd in 40 deg temp , and me being a 53 yr old fart. My fairway drives were all dead center, and the other 3 were not that far off. Yeah, I guess weight forward just doesn't work.

Other than the bolded part, I can't say as I understand the rest of this post esp the part about being weightless?

dak4n6

• Administrator
Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

Very common out there.

I understand a lot more than you seem to think. This has been a hot topic lately, and apparently, you've completely spaced out and not seen any of the posts or threads made lately.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on saying I "don't understand" but I will not on what I said above: you are wrong.

I understand those things. At this point it is you who does not seem to.

Now I really know you haven't been paying attention lately.

If by "before impact" you mean on the backswing, we agree. But the majority of the downswing is spent with the weight forward, too. You are wrong if you still believe the weight is back the microsecond before impact. 100% provably wrong.

Brandel, is that you?

In all serious, just reading the bolded part is enough. I mean, Hogan was one of the longest hitters OF his day. Hogan didn't practice his swing because it required more timing than others; he practiced because the man was obsessed with perfection, and wanted his swing to be as waterproof as it could be.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Quote:

Scales don't lie, pictures don't lie, all of the evidence is out there proving you wrong.

Quote:

Really what athletic motion are you talking about that is similar to golf?

Lets look at some baseball swings, its should be similar right,

If you look at the baseball swing, they all have a slight weight shift before they start there swing, but AS THEY SWING THE BAT, there weight is centered, they are rotating around there body, there heads are staying still. There is not constant weight shift into the baseball. Some players actually hit the ball falling away, look at David Ortiz, looks like he's going to fall down sometimes. But he has insane hand eye coordination. Albert Pujols, probably the greatest hitter of our generation, takes a slight leg raise, plants it down nearly in the same spot, clears his hips and fires the bat through the zone. He does not constantly shift his weight forward, he keeps his head still and maintains a centralized pivot.

To say that what is said here is unatheltic is just false.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jbishop15

Brandel, is that you?

In all serious, just reading the bolded part is enough. I mean, Hogan was one of the longest hitters OF his day. Hogan didn't practice his swing because it required more timing than others; he practiced because the man was obsessed with perfection, and wanted his swing to be as waterproof as it could be.

You know, I'd just restrict soon_tourpro from the thread, but his posts are (still, though not guaranteed to last forever) amusing.

Very common out there.

Welcome, Son of Logman...

And remember, stick to golf. It's less dangerous.

But unfortunately, taking up your posts will only set back a golf game.

Skip to 0:50

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

A little too much magnesium I guess.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!