IGNORED

The 2013 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

did you catch Sergio's shot on #10 from the trees - backhanded shot back into the middle of the fairway....not sure if he saved par.....wonder what club he used (maybe his "treewood"?).

now that I think about it, it was a bonehead move to get up there - I read on a PGA website that his jump was 8 ft (I thought it was less)....but if he fractures an ankle (ala JB Holmes), he's out for quite awhile.

Quote:

did you catch Sergio's shot on #10 from the trees - backhanded shot back into the middle of the fairway....not sure if he saved par.....wonder what club he used (maybe his "treewood"?).

now that I think about it, it was a bonehead move to get up there - I read on a PGA website that his jump was 8 ft (I thought it was less)....but if he fractures an ankle (ala JB Holmes), he's out for quite awhile.

In case you hadn't made the observation, Sergio has that Latin temperament by which his emotions often seem to overrule his intellect.  That isn't the first poor decision he's been known to make when he gets upset.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are they going to cover the final round on the golf channel? I'm trying to DVR it and I'm only seeing "morning drive" and the "tavistock cup, day 1".

Driver:        :tmade:- R11s                             GPS:        :skycaddie:- SGXW

3W:            :titleist:-910F 15*                             BAG:        :titleist:- 14 Way carry bag

Hybrid:       :titleist:910H 19*                                           :titleist:- 14 Way Cart bag

Irons 4-PW::titleist:- AP2 712

Wedges:    :vokey:- 52, 56, 60

Putter:       :cameron:- Studio Select 1.5

Ball:          :titleist:- Pro V1x

I am. Nothing unexpected to happen so far. Tiger playing solid. It's his tournament to lose.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Woods looking shaky off the tee but flawless with the putter and very solid with the irons. If he doesn't hit it behind more trees/in the water he should be tough to catch. Solid play by Fowler, will be interesting if he or Rose get within 2.

They're still playing the Tavistock later today, right, since it's just over at Isleworth?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

They're still playing the Tavistock later today, right, since it's just over at Isleworth?

The players who aren't at Bay Hill are going to play, but the actual Cup is tomorrow. See here: http://www.tavistockcup.com/

Tiger looks like he is just playing for par.

With his three birdies, I want to disagree a bit, but sure, he's not taking huge risks. He just have to make sure he's not making mistakes and throw in a birdie here and there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

With his three birdies, I want to disagree a bit, but sure, he's not taking huge risks. He just have to make sure he's not making mistakes and throw in a birdie here and there.

Yeah I turned it on and he had already reached -3.  And I've seen him make nothing but pars and one bogey.

In other news... Ken Duke's back to back bogeys - and the horrid putting he had on display on both.  Looked like he took a page out of my notebook.

Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!