IGNORED

Least Favorite Player

clutchshot
Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

might throw out a couple of Champions Tour players-

David Frost always seems to be miserable when out there  - ever see him smile?

Yes!  I have noticed that he looks like he's mad all of the time.  As far as I know, he could be the nicest guy in the world, but his facial expressions stink of just plain, old grumpy. :)

Originally Posted by Lesterday

Shooter McGavin

Haha, definitely.  I'm trying to think of a real golfer that I dislike but I can't really answer that fairly because I don't know a single one of them.  The easiest way for me to decide if I didn't like anybody is to picture them with a 1 shot lead coming to 16 on Sunday at Augusta.  Am I going to root for him to dunk it in the water?  I can't think of anybody.**

**One caveat:  I will sometimes root against guys with big leads (temporarily) just because I want things to be interesting. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

plenty off them.

don't like slow players!

Tiger isn't the fastest player but i think it was his second win this year,

he was waiting 5-6 mins on all his shots.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by LiveActionPro

I think I'd be rude if I were a pro, stuff gets old after a while. Fans are so demanding and want you to jump through hoops. People never can put them selfs in the shoes of others.

I think I'd be standoffish, too.

But it doesn't take much to become a target of cat-calls (Colin Montgomery).

In golf, you really want the fans to be on your side.

Originally Posted by jimmyc

What's with the racial comment?

Don't have much use for guys that hit into the group in front of them either

That's fine, I don't have much use for close-minded people either.  Sorry but the tattoo comment hit a nerve with me.  Not saying this is true of you but people who think nba players are "thugs" just because they have multiple tattoos really get under my skin.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

Fredrik Ulf Yngve Jacobson.  Mostly because of his hats and wrist bands.  Good reasons, huh?  Other than that I agree with Kieren123--I really don't like the guys that are always talking about God.  Webb Simpson could be much more likable if he would cut that out.  I give Bubba a pass, though.

I'm really surprised that so many dislike fowler and bradley.  I never would have guessed that.

Originally Posted by meenman

Ricky Fowler - the cheesy mustache he used to have and the damn flat billed hat. It really pisses off one of the guys that used to work at my club because he says fowler is a *nice guy* - dont care, since I have never met or hung out with him.

Originally Posted by tmf9

I agree that mustache had to go but you really hate someone cause of a flat billed hat?

Oh come on!  We need more mustaches in golf (and life in general), not less.  It takes balls for someone under 40 to wear a mustache.

Originally Posted by Lesterday

Shooter McGavin

That guy is such a dick.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Quote:

Oh come on!  We need more mustaches in golf (and life in general), not less.  It takes balls for someone under 40 to wear a mustache.

Haha sorry man, not a fan of them!

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I used to dislike Keegan, but after the whole 'cheat' fiasco and hearing a few interviews with him, he seems like a good guy. Also I assume the Poulter hate is from US readers ;) we have to like him in Europe, he has pretty much won the Ryder cup single handedly.

Yes, I am from the US, and yes I wasn't loving him during the Ryder Cup... Lol

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Yes, I am from the US, and yes I wasn't loving him during the Ryder Cup... Lol

I like Poulter because of what he does in the Ryder Cup.  I think its awesome how he always comes up big.  He hit the winner in the Tavistock Cup, too.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Fredrik Ulf Yngve Jacobson.  Mostly because of his hats and wrist bands.  Good reasons, huh?  Other than that I agree with Kieren123--I really don't like the guys that are always talking about God.  Webb Simpson could be much more likable if he would cut that out.  I give Bubba a pass, though.

I'm really surprised that so many dislike fowler and bradley.  I never would have guessed that.

That guy is such a dick.

Agreed about Webb. STFU about Jeebus. Nobody cares.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Phancy Phil Mickelson.  I just hate almost everything about him - his slighly effeminate voice, way of talking and mannerisms, his nonchalance about routinely gambling more than the average family earns in half a decade, his arrogance, his awkward attempts to be pleasant and personable, his choice of dress pants for athletic attire, etc.... I have absolutely no idea how so many average joe golf fans like this guy who very, very likely views average sorts of people rather contemptuously - attempting and often making risky going-for-broke shots shouldn't count for that much popularity.

I don't suppose he'd like you much either, though he might find you interesting.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Agree with the people who don't like Webb Simpson, Bubba Watson, and Zach Johnson.  I keep my beliefs to myself and wish that they would keep theirs to themselves too.  The guys who always thank God when they win don't bring it up when they get interviewed after they lose.  Just wondering...

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

Agree with the people who don't like Webb Simpson, Bubba Watson, and Zach Johnson.  I keep my beliefs to myself and wish that they would keep theirs to themselves too.  The guys who always thank God when they win don't bring it up when they get interviewed after they lose.  Just wondering...

To be fair, I watched last night when he was interviewed after winning the trophy for the best individual in the Tavistock Cup.  Yes, I know it's not a real tournament, but regardless, he was thrown on National TV with a camera and a mic in his face, and he didn't say a single thing about God, Jesus, religion, or anything like that at all.  He was your typical gracious, happy winning golfer, nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

To be fair, I watched last night when he was interviewed after winning the trophy for the best individual in the Tavistock Cup.  Yes, I know it's not a real tournament, but regardless, he was thrown on National TV with a camera and a mic in his face, and he didn't say a single thing about God, Jesus, religion, or anything like that at all.  He was your typical gracious, happy winning golfer, nothing more, nothing less.

That's a first in my experience and I'm glad to hear it.  I admire all of these guys as golfers but don't care to know them any better than that, be they elocuting on religion, politics, or whether or not, as the football player at the NFL Combine was asked, they "like girls".  TMI and none of my business.

Originally Posted by KiawahConnor

Keegan Bradley hands down is the most aggravating golfer on your. He walks like he has hemorrhoids and his whole pre shot routine literally pisses me off. Seriously everything he does bothers me and at the PGA last year he was such a Yankee jerk to everybody it made me despise him even more.

Agree with everything you say.  Even without the long putter I'd have trouble ever rooting for him.  Something about his demeanor on the course just rubs me the wrong way.  And his stupid jerk-step routine is just painful to watch.  I've noticed that the TV broadcasts lately only cut to him after he finishes his silly dance.  Trying to make him look like he plays faster than he does.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

And his stupid jerk-step routine is just painful to watch.  I've noticed that the TV broadcasts lately only cut to him after he finishes his silly dance.  Trying to make him look like he plays faster than he does.

I can only imagine looking at that over and over again for 5hrs...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!