IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

Last time we played together, I don't remember too many shanks. I can shank the ball, too. We'll have to meet up again, but it's looking like mid August at the earlies for me.

No problem. Too damn hot now. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver swings. Same stuff, although stance is floating back to the heels, that's a bad habit I guess. Recentering, timing of shallowing and lead wrist flexion. Timing of key #4 path is better. Thought is keeping shallow constant, longer, but less shallowing effort from A4. Would like to see face a little more shut from like A4.5 to 6.5

Wooo, finally got cinematic mode. Looks neat, doesn't really effect much in terms of analyzing swing though. Maybe it uses more space or CPU cycles I dunno. Finally caught up to 2020 or at least until the next iPhone comes, oh that's in two months, pfffft.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't know what you've been working on, @nevets88, but your lower body is looking kind of passive. Might be time to shift focus on that?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

11 hours ago, billchao said:

I don't know what you've been working on, @nevets88, but your lower body is looking kind of passive. Might be time to shift focus on that?

Yeah I’d agree. I’m focusing on hand path and face and the recentering more on the upper body. 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Course swing can get it to look like range swing better although not always. Hole is like 360 with some downhill had about 100 left. Still don't like the hips swiveling towards the ball. And the right knee kicking out. But the top of swing and transition is better. On the course have problems recentering, hard to convince myself to shift towards target because it feels like it brings the heel into play but I hit better shots when recentering well.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my best driving 9 hole round ever. Every drive went straight and far and when it missed the fairway, twice, it was a couple of yards off. 

Short game screwed up the round and could not shoot 39 if I got the short game in order could have been a 36 wound up shooting a lousy 40.

Ironic thing is I haven’t touched a driver during last 4 range sessions. Just worked on same old. Keys 4, 1, and 2. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

51 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Just had my best driving 9 hole round ever. Every drive went straight and far and when it missed the fairway, twice, it was a couple of yards off. 

Short game screwed up the round and could not shoot 39 if I got the short game in order could have been a 36 wound up shooting a lousy 40.

Ironic thing is I haven’t touched a driver during last 4 range sessions. Just worked on same old. Keys 4, 1, and 2. 

• It's a... mad game
  • Funny 2

360 yards downhill had 60 yards left and I flew the green. To be fair I barely work on the short game so no excuses. I don’t take the time to go to the short game area much these days. I could get an extra bucket at the range but I don’t like hitting short shots off mats. 

Steve

Finally getting to toe to lead the heel better on the way down, around A6. More torque on the backswing, tighter turn back. A lot fewer shanks on course, imagine there's a tennis ball outside the golf ball going into impact, drop kick clubhead while lead wrist flexing. Face on shot looks a little fat. Could start the recentering a little earlier as well.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 2.34.14 PM.png

Whoops, above screen capture from this swing:

Steve

Better A4 here and pivot as well, hips open more at A7, but face is too open. Maybe combine this with feels from above swing. 

Steve

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

hips open more at A7, but face is too open

I'm a little confused. It looks like you pulled the ball.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

22 minutes ago, billchao said:

I'm a little confused. It looks like you pulled the ball.

Sometimes I shut down the face too quick if the face is open. 

Steve

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Sometimes I shut down the face too quick if the face is open. 

Oh you meant the face was too open before A7. Gotcha.

Bill

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Oh you meant the face was too open before A7. Gotcha.

Yep. That’s just a hunch though but looks like it on video but only Gears can tell for sure. 

Steve

I would say, speed up the hands/arms down, and tone down the hip rotation a bit. Just before A6, your shoulders are closed, but your hips are square and continue to open. The club face is wide open. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 4.31.37 PM.png

I just do not think there is any way to get back to the ball consistently from here. It might be very difficult to feel like you can square the club up to the path better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Face is fine there, Matt.

image.jpeg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Face is fine there, Matt.

image.jpeg

I thought it was a tad open because in the above photo of me the toe is lagging behind the heel.  But if you’re saying it’s fine I’ll stick with that. 

Steve

Haven't been videoing in 120/240 fps as much, last two swings of the day in 120 and 30 fps. Forgot to change it to 240.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve