IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

More of the same, got the no hinging at the top grooved. Probably time for another lesson. Better control of Key #4. Also working on staying in inclination, keeping from shallowing out too late and then fatting it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Baking in changes from latest lesson. Retaining stuff from previous instructors and lessons - shallowing, doing away w/the floppy wrists, and the new piece, which is to feel the head going forward from A4, upper body going before the lower body. It feels like an over the top move, but the video shows it's not.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

In the previous video, trying to be stupid monkey by focusing exclusively on syncing top and bottom between A4 and A6/7, but lower body was stalling. After getting more of the syncing piece baked in, added in more bat signal to the sky.

Observations: Now realize how much was adding in a hinge move right before A4, shaft went well past parallel, which made timing the swing extremely difficult. Before the top, more and more the feel is to throw away "the angle", totally antithetical to the lag lovers. When the wrists are not so floppy at the top, found that lag is better "preserved" around A6 w/o trying, where imho it really counts. 

When shallowing the shaft from A4, discovered lower body was going way way ahead of upper, so the feel is to let the upper body go first, even holding back the lower half a little, but then really letting it go after impact.

Steve

Same stuff as before, working on the pivot, getting the top to go faster (and/or the bottom slower) from A4, but the bottom to go faster from A6.5/7.

Steve

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Same stuff as before, working on the pivot, getting the top to go faster (and/or the bottom slower) from A4, but the bottom to go faster from A6.5/7.

Not sure what your priority piece is now, but it looks to me like you're not getting your weight forward anymore. You were doing a better job at that in earlier swings.

@nevets88 are you looking for feedback or just logging what you are currently working on? Either way's cool, but I don't want to give unnecessary thoughts on your progress.

Michael

34 minutes ago, mchepp said:

@nevets88 are you looking for feedback or just logging what you are currently working on? Either way's cool, but I don't want to give unnecessary thoughts on your progress.

Would welcome any feedback @mchepp, I agree with @chspeed about the weight forward, the lower body isn't going forward, left and up enough and was planning on addressing it in my next lesson. If there's anything else that's sticking out would be interested in hearing about it. 

Steve

@nevets88 how about a round before the season ends? Let's see how that swing is on the course :-)

Mine BTW is awful. Haven't played or practiced in over a month. It's going to be a hack fest out there :whistle:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, billchao said:

Mine BTW is awful. Haven't played or practiced in over a month. It's going to be a hack fest out there :whistle:

Gonna be a real hoot when you show up and shoot 82. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, billchao said:

@nevets88 how about a round before the season ends? Let's see how that swing is on the course :-)

Definitely. Bummer you got bad weather in Florida. Maybe we can even try for Neshanic?

Steve

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Gonna be a real hoot when you show up and shoot 82. ;-)

I'm sure I'll shoot 82 at some point or another.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Definitely. Bummer you got bad weather in Florida. Maybe we can even try for Neshanic?

Everything worked out well in the end. We can do Neshanic if you want, I haven't played there all year.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Would welcome any feedback @mchepp, I agree with @chspeed about the weight forward, the lower body isn't going forward, left and up enough and was planning on addressing it in my next lesson. 

The weight staying back could be a system of where you shaft is during your transition. You may be tilting back to flatten the shaft. Would need to see a down the line version to be sure. 

Michael

On 10/19/2016 at 11:47 AM, chspeed said:

Not sure what your priority piece is now, but it looks to me like you're not getting your weight forward anymore. You were doing a better job at that in earlier swings.

On 10/19/2016 at 7:00 PM, mchepp said:

The weight staying back could be a system of where you shaft is during your transition. You may be tilting back to flatten the shaft. Would need to see a down the line version to be sure. 

@chspeed, you're right, no key #1, so focused on the pivot, forgot the lateral move toward target.

More key #1, but now pivot out of sync, hands way behind at A6, upper & lower out of sync

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 9.25.48 AM.png

Key #1 better, now trying to sync top and bottom while moving laterally, A6 better. Haverkamp, old man finish.

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 9.27.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 9.27.33 AM.png

Key #1, sync pivot, more bat signal to the sky,

@mchepp, here are some down the lines:

• Upvote 1

Steve

Lesson - worked on backswing and weight shift/pivot. Backswing - less left tilt, complete shoulder turn, feel a lot less wrist hinge, Pushing up on the follow through got the better weight shift going. Strikes feel better (although motion feels totally different) and looks better too, less contrived.

Steve

Get thee to the range quick to bake in stuff after lesson.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Still working on pivot, syncing up top and bottom plus smoothing out takeaway from 1-3, getting rid of the overdone Stack and Tilt shoulder down, basically less tilt.

When trying to jump - get hips forward, left and up, from A6, rotation of lower body from A4 happens too quickly., hips "spin out". When trying to slightly delay rotation of lower body, the jump happens too late (face on). Don't know how to reconcile this. Maybe need to feel more external rotation of rear knee at 6, then the jump happens quicker. Seems like trail foot is down too long in face on.

Steve

Working on pivot, looking a little better, kept right knee back, externally rotating or felt like it while left knee externally rotates, hip forward, kind of like dropping a big ball between the knees, then push forward and up.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Misinterpreted instructor's hold the trailing knee back, it was keep it from collapsing as it and the right side was collapsing as well, cleared things up, pivot better, top and bottom better synced. Now working on arms straight after impact, don't pull arms across body while retaining previous stuff.

Steve