IGNORED

adam scott arms

golf55
Note: This thread is 4009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeph

How much muscle mass do you gain from surfing?

He's either lifting or been lifting.

Probably a decent amount with all the paddling out, I would think. Not much surfing for us here in Texas, but look at Phelps arms from all that swimming.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

His arms aren't above average? Lol. Yeah, you get well defined massive biceps without lifting. Sorry, but that's just a silly statement.

They may be average biceps for an NBA player, but he may have the largest arms on the PGA tour.

Re-read....I said they aren't above average "all that much."

If you think those are massive biceps, then the joke is on you my friend.  Most of the small guys at the gym who aren't fat have arms like that.  The guy is probably 6' tall or better and I bet he doesn't weigh over 180....LEAN.

Largest arms on the PGA tour??? Now that's just silly.  I'll stop there

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by nevets88

+1 MyrtleBeachGolf. Maybe he hasn't lifted in awhile, be he had to have had to sometime in his life and not a trivial amount either. The average person I see is carrying at least an extra 25 pounds and that's not in muscle.

Which is exactly what I'm NOT saying.   I said lean....not fat.  There is a HUGE difference. I'm not saying he hasn't lifted a day in his life, but those arms are not huge by ANY means.  The majority of my friends have arms like that and never work out.  Having a lot of fat on your body is very deceiving when it comes to muscle mass.

Get the average person who is 10% BF and have them flex in the same position.  Granted Adam's bicep may have a longer belly, but a lean person flexing looks so much different than that person who is carrying around 25lbs of fat

Bryan A

Originally Posted by TN94z

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

His arms aren't above average? Lol. Yeah, you get well defined massive biceps without lifting. Sorry, but that's just a silly statement.

They may be average biceps for an NBA player, but he may have the largest arms on the PGA tour.

Re-read....I said they aren't above average "all that much."

If you think those are massive biceps, then the joke is on you my friend.  Most of the small guys at the gym who aren't fat have arms like that.  The guy is probably 6' tall or better and I bet he doesn't weigh over 180....LEAN.

Right, plenty of guys who lift have arms like that, but the OP's point (and MyrtleBeachGolf's as well I think) is just that his arms seem well above average for someone who claims to "not really hit the gym that much".

Bill

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Right, plenty of guys who lift have arms like that, but the OP's point is just that his arms seem big for someone who claims to "not really hit the gym that much".

I understand...and my point being that you can have arms like that and "not really hit the gym that much" as Scott said.  I have a few friends that have never worked out a day in their life, but they got builds like that or better just from their jobs.  And by Scott saying he doesn't really hit the gym that much....it sounds like he still hits the gym but he may not live in it like other golfers do.  Now if Scott had said, "I never workout. I only surf and swim,"  then it might be a different story.  But as much exercise as I'm sure he gets between golfing and surfing, etc....added to the fact that he probably has the same elite style diet that most pro athletes have, it will lead to great muscle tone at low body fat.

I wasn't arguing with the OP's statement.  I just don't see the big uproar (not this thread in particular but all over the golf news in general) about his arms.  I just see a guy in great shape, that is lean, and obviously has a great diet and genetics.  It happens....

I wouldn't even have went any further than that had I not been called silly for giving an opinion.

Think of it the other way....guys that live in the gym 24/7, but never get arms like that.  Genetics mean a lot

Bryan A

His arms are not that big compared to his body, i think he's pretty much in perfect shape for his height, proportion wise. You also don't know what he doesn't in his spare time. Any sort of other activities, maybe being out doors more, can keep you in shape as well. But if you go to the gym, he's nothing special compared to some guys who really focus on working out. Look at Tiger, i think tiger is bigger than Adam.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by saevel25

His arms are not that big compared to his body, i think he's pretty much in perfect shape for his height, proportion wise. You also don't know what he doesn't in his spare time. Any sort of other activities, maybe being out doors more, can keep you in shape as well. But if you go to the gym, he's nothing special compared to some guys who really focus on working out. Look at Tiger, i think tiger is bigger than Adam.

I agree.  That's kinda the point I was trying to make.

Bryan A

Originally Posted by TN94z

I agree.  That's kinda the point I was trying to make.

You must know different people than I do. I don't know anyone who has arms that like his and doesn't work out. That being said, he's in great shape and I am envious of his arms.

Originally Posted by Dave H

You must know different people than I do. I don't know anyone who has arms that like his and doesn't work out. That being said, he's in great shape and I am envious of his arms.

Your friends must all be desk jockies then....haha!

Obviously because I have shown this picture to quite a few people today and the overall reaction was "He looks like he is in great shape, but I wouldn't say his arms are that big. He just looks like he is in good shape."

It's really not that big of a deal on my part.  There is a transport tech at the hospital I work at and he probably weighs about 145 dripping wet.  I asked him to make the pose, his bicep peak was alot more prominent that Scott's.  A long bellied bicep will make it look much bigger.  Just like my calves.  I have long bellied calves and I have to do very little for them to grow and get big....hence the reason I don't work them out when I go to the gym.  Could be the same for Scott and his bi's.

Either way.  Scott is in great shape and if he says he doesn't hit the gym that much, then he probably doesn't....why would he lie about something like that.  Okay, I'm done...haha.  No use in dragging this out any longer..haha

Bryan A

I like UNI QLO, I hope they start making golf attire.

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

He definitely touches the weights might not be consistently but between that and an active lifestyle he can probably keep a solid physique. Not the best comparison but Bo Jackson barely ever worked out and he got by just fine.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

He's too swole to control!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Surfing and Golf every day can do that for you easily. If you do them every day, and eat well

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Isn't it time we merged this with the gay thread?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Lol

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

How does golf work the biceps? How much surfing can he get done, always traveling and mostly stuck in landlocked places? Maybe he doesn't go to the gym, but a pull-up bar is easy enough to come by when travelling.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 4009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!