IGNORED

Junior Golfers

gaz d
Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many junior golfers are on the site?
Age 17 or less.
What is your club like?
Do they organise events for you or do you join in with members?

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

im 15, been a member for 3 years, i hate my golf club, the staff are rude, the seniors are rude and they dont care about us at all, my restrictions are stupid and i can barely get time to golf. We have a junior opening day, club championship and junior closing day, we also have junior clinics for free but i dont go to those.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

yeah we have one thursday am a week for our competition we also get free lesson every 3 weeks but every other day we can only go out after 4.30pm.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

I am 15 the people at my course are quite nice and i play with alot of my dads mates. You can play in the monthly medals but you need a handicap of 18 or less and i hope to get that this summer with a bit more work

BAH!!! people are nice, but they could care less about the younger kids.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

You can play in the monthly medals but you need a handicap of 18

You have to be off 15 or less to play at the weekend with members in my club, i need to drop 3.1 shots by august 31st!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

I'm 15... I like my club. Juniors can't go out after 11 on Wednesday or in the morning during the weekends. Most of the people are nice & the assistant pros like me.

I'm 17 and I work at a little par 3 course that's next to a regular sized course with 36 holes (member and non-member side). And I get to play there for free as long as I don't make a tee-time. I have a lot of friends over there so I can play with them... It's awesome.

And I'm in a Junior Tour here in Tennessee. It's very well organized and sponsored by TaylorMade and Adidas.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

Just out of said age range, i'm 18, had my birthday in April, but i'm still considered a juinor at my golf club, also we have recently had a large group of young kids join our club, 15 - 20 of them aged 12 - 15, and they are treated as full members, there are no restrictions placed on them and they are allowed to enter all the tournaments, and rightfully so, some of them are very talented(in my opinion) in under a year they are on handicaps of 10 - 15.

In the bag:

Clubs.

im 14 and i play in a dump!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'm 15...I play in my own Junior Golf tournaments outside of my home course. I don't really belong to a "club" I have a membership to a public course, though. I can go out any time I want no restrictions...pretty cool I guess.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

im 15, been a member for 3 years, i hate my golf club, the staff are rude, the seniors are rude and they dont care about us at all, my restrictions are stupid and i can barely get time to golf. We have a junior opening day, club championship and junior closing day, we also have junior clinics for free but i dont go to those.

mine is very similar, though me and my friends are 15/16 we still get pushed around by the adults who think that were not that good.

Taylormade R7 460 9.5 S Flex
Titleist 904F 19*
Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19*
Nike Pro Combo Forged 3-PWCleveland Gunmetal TA 900 54*,59(Bent from 58)*Taylormade Rossa CGB Daytona ILL-INI

So most juniors dont have a good situation at there club so........

In the Wilson Stand Bag

It's so-so at my club. No member can tee off before 1 PM on weekends and holidays without paying full price, and juniors can only play on one course (out of three), and can only walk. At least if they're by themselves. If they're with someone else, obviously, they can play any of the three and ride in the cart, etc...
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'm 16 and play at 3 public courses, one in the city, one near my cottage, one near my grandparent's house. I love them all, and even though I'm not very good (yet), no one gives me a hard time.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I'm 14 and my club is actually pretty good. There are 5-6 junior events/competitions a month and there are no special rules, except you're not allowed to play the championship course unless your handicap is under 30.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

I am actually thinking of switching clubs. Theres a place called Lake Shore and it's $350 so its a pretty good deal range included

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Im 17 so Im just about a junior at my club. They have tournaments every Sunday, and Wednesday in the summer. I never play in them because I am still not as good as most others and alot of the other people my age there are not really friendly. I just play with 1 or 2 friends that I have known before I got into golf so I don't really participate much in what the club organises. I'd say they are pretty inclusive of the junior members at my club.

Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!