IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you think if I twist my front shoulder down over the ball more that would help with key 1 and my path?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also this one, See at the top of the backswing, in this drill, Mike's shoulders and hips are on a steeper angle. You need to get turn more with out raising your spin angle. I think part of it has to do with your shallow shoulder turn. I would work on getting that shoulder to turn on a steeper angle, see how that works. That drill Mike is showing, is a great drill for a center pivot, shoulder angle, and feeling where the club should be at the top of the backswing. 3 for 1 deal on that one!!!

Thanks that definitely makes sense.

Do you think if I twist my front shoulder down over the ball more that would help with key 1 and my path?

Yep, it sure will.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yes the left shoulder and hip will feel like they go "down" longer on the backswing. Like that video with Erik and Dave. Another good drill.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So I feel like this looks better. I hit about 15 half speed swings with my 6 iron really feeling like my head wasn't moving and I was turing my shoulders more around my spine. Then I hit three 6i and four drivers. This driver felt the best.  I have to keep the feel of almost turning my front shoulder down to the ball along with feeling like my head is going down a little be.  The first 6i and Driver hit like shit but the ones were all very solid.  I only had time to hit a few tonight but Im hoping sunday I can get  to the range and hit more than 7 balls concentrating on this. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad I did a DL video with my FO it looked like I was keeping my head steady but obviously not. :whistle:

So I feel like this looks better. I hit about 15 half speed swings with my 6 iron really feeling like my head wasn't moving and I was turing my shoulders more around my spine. Then I hit three 6i and four drivers. This driver felt the best.  I have to keep the feel of almost turning my front shoulder down to the ball along with feeling like my head is going down a little be.  The first 6i and Driver hit like shit but the ones were all very solid.  I only had time to hit a few tonight but Im hoping sunday I can get  to the range and hit more than 7 balls concentrating on this. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad I did a DL video with my FO it looked like I was keeping my head steady but obviously not.

Dude, your vid is Private.... ;-)

• Administrator
So I feel like this looks better.

So, please take this as just a statement of fact. It's a tiny bit better.

Do a lot of this drill:

Change the picture.

You're not gonna reliably change the picture at 100% speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes sir. You can be brutally honest with me. It was bugging me so I had to try to make it look better. I couldn't sleep last night. :-)

Yes sir. You can be brutally honest with me. It was bugging me so I had to try to make it look better. I couldn't sleep last night.

When we finally get out to a range one of these days, I can help you work on this.  If the WI Outing thing does not happen we should play Watertown on the 19th.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Have you tried taking video while feeling like you are really exaggerating the left shoulder moving down? What may feel is overkill could possibly be right on.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

The 19th is good for me. I was thinking we could get out next week sometime after work. Im going to be working in Waukesha it looks like.

The 19th is good for me. I was thinking we could get out next week sometime after work. Im going to be working in Waukesha it looks like.

Perfect, we can head over to swing time. We will work on that @14ledo81 , I think that would be good.

Nate

@Jakester23 , what do you do for work?

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/66657/my-swing-jakester23/150#post_1012274"] @Jakester23 , what do you do for work?

Construction why?[/quote] Just seeing. When you said you would be working in a certain area, I assumed you must be in one of the trades.

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 2562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!