IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played 9 Sunday and Im still hitting my driver is very erratic.  I hit 2 off every tee just practicing the course was wide open which was nice.  1st drive on #1 was a pull draw OB, 2nd drive was a nice straight fade.  3rd hole 1st drive was a nice straight draw 2nd was a huge push fade into the H2O.  4th hole 1st a push kinda popped up off the toe 2nd was a nice push fade that started a bit right.  5th huge push fade then a straight pull. 8th a pull draw then a push fade.  9th a push fade then a nice small push draw.  Im so happy I purchased my putter its definitely the most constant club in the bag right now. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 yesterday morning and continued to struggle with the driver. I looked back on my last few swing videos and i noticed that my shoulder turn was getting sloppy. I also noticed my key 2 isn't great. I did hit a few good ones early on in my round. I feel like I have a tendency to over swing and my sequencing gets off. I will hopefully get a video up this week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Work was just to busy this week to get to the range.  I played 18 this morning and Im still hitting pull draws with the driver.  I noticed that they all seem to be out of the toe. I ended up putting the driver in time out and hit 4 wood off the tee for most of the back 9.   I only hit one pull draw with the 4 wood the rest were straight or a small straight draw.  I literally have no confidence in the driver at this point.  If the weather cooperates I should be able to get to the range Tuesday or Wednesday.  I bought some foot spray to see if its mostly miss hits or a swing flaw.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been on ina while. My wife and I are in the middle of purchasing a house and it hasn't gone as smooth as we hoped. Since my last post I've changed from a Ping i25 to a TaylorMade M1 driver. Ive played 3 rounds with it so far and I'm very happy. I'm also happy to report I broke 80 for the 1st time Saturday. I shot 36/43 which was amazing. I missed a 12 ft putt on #9 to shoot 1 under on the front. Then proceeded to go bogey, triple, bogey.  I did finish with 3 straight pars getting up and down on 17 & 18 to finish with 79. I want to thank @iacas @cipher and @mvmac for all your help. Without you guys and my evolvr instructor this wouldn't have been possible. Thanks again.

• Upvote 3

Congrats Jake!! Good to see the hard work is paying off.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

19 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Congrats Jake!! Good to see the hard work is paying off.

Thanks. It was just one of those days where the golf gods were shinning on me I guess. I made one long putt for birdie and was able to get up and down when I needed to. 

On September 19, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Jakester23 said:

I'm also happy to report I broke 80 for the 1st time Saturday. I shot 36/43 which was amazing. 

Awesome! Now you need your breaking 80 badge!

Michael

11 hours ago, cipher said:

Great stuff Jake.

Thanks bud. Hopefully next summer we can get out.  I appreciate all of your help. 

9 hours ago, mchepp said:

Awesome! Now you need your breaking 80 badge!

I didnt even think of that. Thanks thats a life long goal accomplished. Now I need to set a new goal.

• 4 months later...

So today I was luck enough to play golf in February in Wisconsin. I changed my irons, 3w, and hybrid going into this season.  I haven't posted much since October that will be changing.  My wife and I bought a house which is a awesome yet a pain in the ass all at the same time.  On Halloween (my birthday) our furnace wouldn't work and on christmas eve a big piece of ice fell off our roof and smashed our A/C unit.   Those issues plus some other remodeling has kept me off TST and completely away from golf.  I played in a scramble on 10/23/16.  Haven't picked up a club until Saturday since that outing (well except to move them from our apartment to our house). I will hopefully be playing a similar amount as last year and working on improving my swing.  I will be getting a updated swing on here once we get some more good weather.  It looks like it will be back into the 30's in a few days. This was my round today. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Jakester23/round/1336229 I felt pretty good other than a few swings.  Its pretty cool to get 2 rounds of golf in already this year. 

42 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

So today I was luck enough to play golf in February in Wisconsin. I changed my irons, 3w, and hybrid going into this season.  I haven't posted much since October that will be changing.  My wife and I bought a house which is a awesome yet a pain in the ass all at the same time.  On Halloween (my birthday) our furnace wouldn't work and on christmas eve a big piece of ice fell off our roof and smashed our A/C unit.   Those issues plus some other remodeling has kept me off TST and completely away from golf.  I played in a scramble on 10/23/16.  Haven't picked up a club until Saturday since that outing (well except to move them from our apartment to our house). I will hopefully be playing a similar amount as last year and working on improving my swing.  I will be getting a updated swing on here once we get some more good weather.  It looks like it will be back into the 30's in a few days. This was my round today. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Jakester23/round/1336229 I felt pretty good other than a few swings.  Its pretty cool to get 2 rounds of golf in already this year. 

Nice to see ya! What irons did you move to?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

6 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Nice to see ya! What irons did you move to?

How's it hanging up there EJ? Glad your still here. I picked up a new set if Mizuno MP54's.  I've wanted a set of forged Mizunos since I was in high school. I've been doing a lot of extra work and my wife "put" them in the budget for me. They were $479 free shipping no tax.  They are definitely different than what I played last year. They seem to spin quite a bit more and I can definitely tell the difference in lofts. I hit a 4i today that went quite a bit higher then I'm used to. That's fine though I don't care if I'm hitting a 7i instead of an 8i.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

Glad your still here.

Good Lord, where else would I be?

:blink:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

16 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Good Lord, where else would I be?

:blink:

Not sure how many warning are alloted ?. 

39 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

Not sure how many warning are alloted ?. 

Lol. I walk a pretty fine line. 

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Cool that you got out to play @Jakester23.  I hope you really like the new irons this year.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

13 minutes ago, cipher said:

Cool that you got out to play @Jakester23.  I hope you really like the new irons this year.

Thanks bud i need you to come to the range this spring and help me out. I need your expertise.

14 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

Thanks bud i need you to come to the range this spring and help me out. I need your expertise.

Sounds good.  I would be happy to help. 

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!