IGNORED

Whats the one shot that you hate most when you blow it ...

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Scoring is all about the putter....and holing everything inside of 10'.............missing those is a round killer.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've come to terms with most of my failures off the tee and from the fairway rough.

The one that really upsets me is wasting a good GIR, say inside 20', with a first putt that leaves you with with 6'+ to try and save your par.

Messing up a 25 - 50 yard chip shot after a great drive and 2nd shot.  Last week hit a great (for me) 240 yard drive, a 200 yard hybrid shot which left me with a 40 yard approach shot on a Par 5.  I then proceeded to skull the chip and bury it into the side of a sand trap that took 2 swings to get out of, 2 putted and left a potential birdie hole with a double bogey thanks to a bad chip shot.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Hackforfun

The one that really upsets me is wasting a good GIR, say inside 20', with a first putt that leaves you with with 6'+ to try and save your par.

That would probably be my 2nd most hated poorly-executed shot.  I am realistic when it comes to lag putting outside of say 30-40 feet, but when you don't make good putts inside of 20 feet, that is really frustrating.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Messing up a 25 - 50 yard chip shot after a great drive and 2nd shot.  Last week hit a great (for me) 240 yard drive, a 200 yard hybrid shot which left me with a 40 yard approach shot on a Par 5.  I then proceeded to skull the chip and bury it into the side of a sand trap that took 2 swings to get out of, 2 putted and left a potential birdie hole with a double bogey thanks to a bad chip shot.

Have you been emulating my latest trips out to the golf course?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Have you been emulating my latest trips out to the golf course?

Not intentionally.  Those short chip and pitch shots kill my score more than any other shot.  I can practice them for hours and hit them perfect but when I'm on the course under pressure I can't seem to make them when they count.

Joe Paradiso

I was back at it again over the weekend... had a 532 yard par 5 straight into the wind.  Hit a marvelous drive and followed it up with a blistering three-wood, pin-high just right of the sand trap surrounding the green.  I proceeded to hit a 60* wedge with the face opened (trying to get more loft).  Ever so slightly thick, it was short and plugged in the bunker right up against the lip, classic poached egg.  Two shots out of the bunker, and two putts, what should have been a 4 turns into a 7.

Such is my game at the moment...  I have been working very hard on ball striking this year with pretty good success.  My short game, however, has gone to crap.

The shot I hate has to be the failed chip after a great driver and three wood into a long par 5.

Flop over a bunker to a tight pin, chunk it into the bunker a few metres in front of me.

Quite enraging..

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

Anytime I end up farther from the hole than I started,

Usually on poor chips where I try to be too fancy.

Not sure which is worse, the skulled chip or the chunked chip. Both take the wind out of your sails. I'll go with the chunker - at least the bladed chip went somewhere...

dak4n6

Not sure which is worse, the skulled chip or the chunked chip. Both take the wind out of your sails. I'll go with the chunker - at least the bladed chip went somewhere...

I agree! Nothing worse than hitting a shot, then walking 10 feet forward and hitting it again. If you thin one past the green, at least you have a longer walk to calm down.

Deciding to play a "smarter" safer shot to stay out of the trouble...only to hit it into the trouble anyhow.

Like teeing up a 3 wood instead of the driver so that you can hit it more accurately...only difference was, now, I'm in the trees and my drop is 40 yard further away from the pin!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

To elaborate further.....the shot I hate to miss the most is the simple shot!!  IE....a simple bump and run chip to save par from a fairway lie. (should be a gimmie up and in)  There is nothing I hate more than missing a simple basic shot to save par.  Whether it be a simple chip/pitch, or missing a simple putt inside of 10'............ not making par from a place you should is the worst.....

Scoring shots are only relevant...............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Old1964

Deciding to play a "smarter" safer shot to stay out of the trouble...only to hit it into the trouble anyhow.

Like teeing up a 3 wood instead of the driver so that you can hit it more accurately...only difference was, now, I'm in the trees and my drop is 40 yard further away from the pin!

TOTALY !    I can't stand that - you go out of your way to play the smart shot & still get JACKED

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Another one I hate, is only due to my stupidity... The short less than 2 foot putt you have left from the first pathetic attempt, which in your head you have somewhat "given yourself" the putt but you go to just putt it in the hole anyway. I hurry and do not set up the putt and miss it. Then I feel obligated to give myself myself the damn stroke regardless of the "gimme" I had in my head. I vowed last year to never take these but early season punched greens have me laxed on my rules.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Three putting the 18th green is the one thing that gets me seriously thinking about never coming back.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 3980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!