IGNORED

What club would you grab if someone was robbing you?

jakepalm
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Side note, I did play golf once with a guy who was packing because he heard there were bears!

Hope he was packing a cannon. A hand gun would merely piss off a black bear.

Originally Posted by minitour

Hope he was packing a cannon. A hand gun would merely piss off a black bear.

That depends on what type of hand gun you're carrying. You may want to Google the Model S&W500;™ .

Originally Posted by Spyder

For those of you thinking a golf club is not effective, you should look up the story about a guy who tried to hold up a golfer at knife point (Please, please... do not tell me how much more effective a gun is. Common sense would tell anyone that it is).

The end result was the knife wielding robber ending up being taken to the hospital by ambulance after being struck in the side of the head by a 7i (yes, the story specifically said it was a 7 iron). The picture displays what the guy's head looked like... and all I will say, without being too graphic, is that this guy was basically scalped and needed some 50 staples and countless stitches to fix him up, pre-coma that it is.....

It's stories like this that just warm the cockles of my heart!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Spyder

For those of you thinking a golf club is not effective, you should look up the story about a guy who tried to hold up a golfer at knife point (Please, please... do not tell me how much more effective a gun is. Common sense would tell anyone that it is).

The end result was the knife wielding robber ending up being taken to the hospital by ambulance after being struck in the side of the head by a 7i (yes, the story specifically said it was a 7 iron). The picture displays what the guy's head looked like... and all I will say, without being too graphic, is that this guy was basically scalped and needed some 50 staples and countless stitches to fix him up, pre-coma that it is.....

I don't doubt that one bit.  I actually kinda like the odds of golf club vs. knife, unless the guy wielding the knife is really skilled with it.  When you think about it, a golf club is kind of a blunt weapon combined with a bladed weapon.  Could undoubtedly do some serious damage.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I have seen what a golf club can do on accident a couple of times at the course. We had a kid that caught an iron to the face two summers ago. It was just a backswing but it took out 3 teeth and it gashed his lip wide open. Pretty nasty stuff.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

I'd grab my jack Hamm XPlosion driver, take one swing and send my attacker flying into the next neighborhood.

POW!

lol This never gets old, especially when used creatively. +1

"He's going over that mountain!!!!! BOOOOOMMM!!!!"

7i

wedges are pretty short, not as much head speed

woods are too long, not really practical if in a confined space

long irons are fine, but I'd like a bit more loft for damage if needed

so a mid iron - someone else's mid iron preferably, but a mid iron

but how do I get the robber to lay down on the practice matt and not touch my alignment sticks???

I'd also consider my cleaning brush - those steel bristles really sting if you catch the brush under your fingernails......I could annoy the burglar until he leaves with that thing.

Bill - 

Its weird to think that I started this entire topic and I completely forgot that have been a victim of a golf club injury. I was in third grade and my dad had these old Dunlop clubs and I was over in the yard swinging them around (my beginnings in golf) and my sister came over and took the 5 wood out of the bag. She lined up to the ball as I am still standing there, and yells "MOVE", and then took her backswing very fast which clocked me upside the forehead and I was gushing blood. I went to the ER and the doctor stitched me up saying this happens often with golf clubs (didn't make me feel much better). He then began to tell me that if I was hit one centimeter more to the left, the club would have struck my temple and more than likely killed me.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I don't doubt that one bit.  I actually kinda like the odds of golf club vs. knife, unless the guy wielding the knife is really skilled with it.  When you think about it, a golf club is kind of a blunt weapon combined with a bladed weapon.  Could undoubtedly do some serious damage.

I like my chances against anyone but Chuck Norris...

Mid to short iron would be my weapon of choice, 6i-PW.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I have this old Spalding putter that could do some serious damage. Other than that, I'm sticking with the PW.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

Originally Posted by mp33 man

Seriously though I have a four iron next to my bed that I wouldn't mind getting blood on.

Therapy..... asap.

Originally Posted by mp33 man

Seriously though I have a four iron next to my bed that I wouldn't mind getting blood on.

Do you mean it's old so you don't mind it messy?

Or that it's just really easy to clean?

Or are you just eager to smack someone?

Or is this some reference to a voodoo ritual using animal blood, smoke, and incantations?

other options are there, but this is a respectable site - with default asterix's and so forth

Bill - 

I do most of my practicing with my 6 iron, so I would probably go with that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm sure more people would be screaming rather than fighting.... at least, more than they will admit.

Probably not appropriate to post due to language, but there's a hilarious comedy clip about fighting.... but go to YouTube and search:   Jo Koy Fighting and Dancing -or- Joe Koy Can't Fight   (same results - 1st video). Sorry if this is off-topic, but the laugh is worth it.

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!