IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

• Administrator
VSP? Not sure where to find that, the too flat was based on swing path to the right through impact. Or maybe it was just way too inside to out?

Vertical swing plane. With the driver is usually 45 to 48° or so. Then it may not have been too flat. I'd be cautious of taking advice from most golf pros.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Vertical swing plane. With the driver is usually 45 to 48° or so.

Then it may not have been too flat. I'd be cautious of taking advice from most golf pros.

Hard to say, I don't see that on the information. I thought that was what the "pillow" he put between me and the ball was for, to keep my swing plane from being too flat but it could just have kept me from swinging too far from the inside.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Vertical swing plane. With the driver is usually 45 to 48° or so. Then it may not have been too flat. I'd be cautious of taking advice from most golf pros.

Yeah. The worst lesson I've had was a PGA pro who told me there was nothing wrong with my swing.

- Shane

Just out of curiosity, so I know what to do after work, do I need to repost my swings for evaluation today or was the not so great video I posted the other day ok for showing my shortened swing?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just out of curiosity, so I know what to do after work, do I need to repost my swings for evaluation today or was the not so great video I posted the other day ok for showing my shortened swing?

Just my thoughts.

I post my swing more often than some others.  Even if nobody comments on it, I still have it there for an information log.  It can be helpful to look back on.

I also like to see others swings and hear what they are working on.  Even if I don't comment, it does not mean I am not following what they are doing.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Just my thoughts.

I post my swing more often than some others.  Even if nobody comments on it, I still have it there for an information log.  It can be helpful to look back on.

I also like to see others swings and hear what they are working on.  Even if I don't comment, it does not mean I am not following what they are doing.

The only issue is that it's supposed to rain the next couple days so actually videoing a swing of me hitting balls is probably going to be tough to get. Swinging at nothing typically means very little and doesn't really give much for Iacas to give feedback on.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just my thoughts.

Same here. Though I haven't done much practicing lately, mostly putting inside. I should hit the range more, and work on my backswing :whistle: . I don't post a video here of every time I practice, but I record while I practice, I need the visual reference. I do the same, if Erik or Mike is commenting on another person's thread I usually read through it. Especially @cipher thread. We seem to mimic each other's problems.

As for the number of times a person should post a video. Depends on the person. If a person constantly posts video, I would say do not expect to see much change between videos because change takes time. It might be nice to to post a video if you happen to really get a feel that works. Then you can write up a note about it and look back on that post later on. If a person posts every other day, I would expect them to get the same advice for a while, or until the image changes.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I took some video on Saturday, but didn't see much difference so I didn't post an update. I post if I see a significant change or if I have a new problem creeping up, then I post away. That's just me though.

- Shane

@iacas Still fighting the flip obviously, and I think I let the ball creep back in my stance but that's probably just the bad camera angle... Also every drive was a pull/pull draw rofl...  Sorry about that by the way, they had the hitting area moved way back and it was on a slope... sucks

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Have you tried putting the ball two balls instep from your left foot and hitting an 8i like that? You are not transitioning your weight forward, and basically you are are skidding out with your back foot.. Key#2 drills might help in this case, such as banking the right foot and hitting half shots, or maybe presenting your left hip and doing the flying wedge drill.. And others available.. The backswing looking much better though! Take my advice with a grain of salt, just trying to help.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Have you tried putting the ball two balls instep from your left foot and hitting an 8i like that?

You are not transitioning your weight forward, and basically you are are skidding out with your back foot..

Key#2 drills might help in this case, such as banking the right foot and hitting half shots, or maybe presenting your left hip and doing the flying wedge drill.. And others available..

The backswing looking much better though! Take my advice with a grain of salt, just trying to help.

I will have to take a picture of where I have the ball in my set up. It really is further forward than it looks in this video I'm almost certain. As far as not getting my weight forward, that could be true. I know it "feels" like I do but we all know feel isn't real right?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

[QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/67948/my-swing-jeremie-boop/180#post_1017228"] Have you tried putting the ball two balls instep from your left foot and hitting an 8i like that? You are not transitioning your weight forward, and basically you are are skidding out with your back foot.. Key#2 drills might help in this case, such as banking the right foot and hitting half shots, or maybe presenting your left hip and doing the flying wedge drill.. And others available.. The backswing looking much better though! Take my advice with a grain of salt, just trying to help.[/QUOTE] I will have to take a picture of where I have the ball in my set up. It really is further forward than it looks in this video I'm almost certain. As far as not getting my weight forward, that could be true. I know it "feels" like I do but we all know feel isn't real right?

Very true.. Just take a look at your position at A9 or A10 and compare with any pro and you will see what I mean.. Basically your right foot ends up twisting around itself and it ends up on the sole of the foot instead of banking, sliding forward and then turning into the finish..ending on the instep of the tip of the toe or just hanging by a thread on the toe.

Eyad

Very true.. Just take a look at your position at A9 or A10 and compare with any pro and you will see what I mean..

Basically your right foot ends up twisting around itself and it ends up on the sole of the foot instead of banking, sliding forward and then turning into the finish..ending on the instep of the tip of the toe or just hanging by a thread on the toe.

I have a confession to make, I have no clue what the position designations are, rofl. However, I think I understand that not transitioning my weight could be a major reason why I hit block shots out to the right.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I have a confession to make, I have no clue what the position designations are, rofl. However, I think I understand that not transitioning my weight could be a major reason why I hit block shots out to the right.

:-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Below is what I mean.

Below is the drill I mentioned about banking the foot

I hope this helps.

Eyad

Ok, so here's the deal on not banking my foot... Long story short, I can't. I have an AFO. Very similar to this one but mine is on my right leg. It's from an accident that broke my back when I was 18.

I suppose saying "I can't" isn't totally truthful, technically I can get on the the side of my foot but it requires my whole leg to tilt inwards at the knee. I don't think that is correct movement though. I could be wrong. I should probably try it before saying I can't, but it just doesn't seem feasible. I can't twist my foot side to side or tilt it at all which is what seems to be needed.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, so here's the deal on not banking my foot... Long story short, I can't. I have an AFO. Very similar to this one but mine is on my right leg. It's from an accident that broke my back when I was 18.

I suppose saying "I can't" isn't totally truthful, technically I can get on the the side of my foot but it requires my whole leg to tilt inwards at the knee. I don't think that is correct movement though. I could be wrong. I should probably try it before saying I can't, but it just doesn't seem feasible.

Please ignore my above post then..  in fact.. I would suggest that you should take one on one lessons to make sure that who ever is having you work on anything knows of and is aware of any possible limitations.  You don't want to do any drills that could be harmful to you...

Eyad

Please ignore my above post then..  in fact.. I would suggest that you should take one on one lessons to make sure that who ever is having you work on anything knows of and is aware of any possible limitations.  You don't want to do any drills that could be harmful to you...

Not much in the way of drills could be harmful to me, some things just aren't possible. Mostly with just my right leg. I have some limitations with my lower back but in working with Erik we've already discovered that part doesn't impact my swing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag: