IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

Just keep doing the drills, practicing them. You don't take the drills to the course. Your swing is what it is right now. If you do the drills right and change your swing, you should see improvement in your golf game over time. Basically the drills are to fix your full swing. You are just systematically fixing the problems in your swing.

I would say for that drill, get more hip movement through impact. Notice how Erik, in the same drill, really has his hips open, and his arms extended outward keeping that flying wedge. I think you might be a tad too army with that drill.

Also what iron are you using for that drill, and watch your ball position. You want do this drill with a good ball position. That looks kinda back in your stance. Maybe throw down two clubs forming a "Cross" shape, and make sure you are not having that ball too far back.

I noticed the ball looked a bit back in the stance too, but I also think I had the camera angled a bit. I'll set up the ball position guide you suggested to make sure in the future though. The video you posted isn't the same that Brian showed me of what he wanted me to do. I'll post the evolvr video in a bit. What I was curious about was, is it better to just focus on the drills and not go play golf or work on full swing stuff for awhile. Basically just focus on ingraining this into my swing for awhile to give it a chance to show up in my full swing.

Edit evolvr video added:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I noticed the ball looked a bit back in the stance too, but I also think I had the camera angled a bit. I'll set up the ball position guide you suggested to make sure in the future though. The video you posted isn't the same that Brian showed me of what he wanted me to do. I'll post the evolvr video in a bit. What I was curious about was, is it better to just focus on the drills and not go play golf or work on full swing stuff for awhile. Basically just focus on ingraining this into my swing for awhile to give it a chance to show up in my full swing.

Nah, life's too short. Keep playing golf too, just don't do drills on the course. Play "golf" not "golf swing".

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Nah, life's too short. Keep playing golf too, just don't do drills on the course. Play "golf" not "golf swing".

Right now playing golf isn't much fun because of my golf swing :-P

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Edit evolvr video added:

Ah, ok then do what the instructor is telling you. I thought they were the same video.

Practice more than play. You wont get better on the course if you don't fix your swing. You can still play, but just temper your expectations. You might have one round were you shoot very good. You might regress back again. Just keep in mind you are making a swing change.

For me, I do a lot of indoors stuff, working on my backswing. About once a night for about 15-20 minutes. During the week I might hit the range once or twice to hit 50 golf balls, working on my hip piece. I also practice putting indoors as well. I play in 3-9 hole leagues a week. So I can get a lot of golfing in and still practice. I know that there are things I can do that I don't need to hit a ball with. Heck I did that weight forward drill indoors over the winter last year. I would just pull up the camera to make sure I was doing it right, and just make slow to medium swings.

Just different ways you can optimize your time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Right now playing golf isn't much fun because of my golf swing

I hear ya, last month I couldn't get the ****ing ball airborne to save my life now I'm bombing the ball, swing changes are a bitch. I kept playing, stopped keeping score, picked up when I felt it was time and just enjoyed being out there. Took solace in the fact that my putting is constantly improving.

Like @saevel25 said, practice more than you play but keep playing, just go out there with no expectations other than having a good time. You'll get through it and it'll all come together and you'll be way better than you were before hitting this slump. It's all part of the process/journey.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ah, ok then do what the instructor is telling you. I thought they were the same video.

Practice more than play. You wont get better on the course if you don't fix your swing. You can still play, but just temper your expectations. You might have one round were you shoot very good. You might regress back again. Just keep in mind you are making a swing change.

For me, I do a lot of indoors stuff, working on my backswing. About once a night for about 15-20 minutes. During the week I might hit the range once or twice to hit 50 golf balls, working on my hip piece. I also practice putting indoors as well. I play in 3-9 hole leagues a week. So I can get a lot of golfing in and still practice. I know that there are things I can do that I don't need to hit a ball with. Heck I did that weight forward drill indoors over the winter last year. I would just pull up the camera to make sure I was doing it right, and just make slow to medium swings.

Just different ways you can optimize your time.

I play just the 1 9 hole league, and with the wiffle golf balls I have now I can do the drills every night even if I have to do it in the garage if its raining. I've said it a couple times already, but being that this has been probably the biggest issue with my swing since the beginning I'm very keen on getting the drill down right and focusing on it as much as possible to rectify it. I think once I "kick the flip" *my new catch phrase*, I'll be very happy. Of course that'll leave other more fine tuning aspects to do, such as you and cipher are going through, but that prospect is exciting to me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

Just one bit on the drill: you should be able to do it with a fair amount of speed. Watch the video I did with Mike to see it in real-time. It's a "hit (fast/hard) and stop (fast)" drill.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just one bit on the drill: you should be able to do it with a fair amount of speed. Watch the video I did with Mike to see it in real-time. It's a "hit (fast/hard) and stop (fast)" drill.

I understand, it's just Brian said I'd probably have to start out slow so that's why I'm going slower. I will start doing it with a faster swing now that I know I'm doing it the right way.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Went and tried out the g30. It's definitely a forgiving driver, had impact tape on both my driver and the g30 and both were mostly out of the heal but the g30 was much straighter. I used the 9* g30 with the 80g tour stiff shaft. Carry seemed to be pretty consistent between both. I will go back when I actually am looking to purchase we'll be using the flightscope to get a more precise fit though. I have been working on my drills still and did a quick video yesterday to see how it's looking. I did see a decrease in the amount of flip which is good. I'll probably just focus on the drill for a couple days before doing any full swings and recording again. One thing I've noticed is that I hit most of the shots to the right when I do the drill and I was curious if that was normal or something that I shouldn't even pay attention to.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just posting a quick snapshot from recording my work. I know I have the pictures backwards, that they should be old on left new on right. Just thought I'd show how quickly the dedicated practice is working. This was only after about a day or so of working the drill. I've worked on it more since then but haven't done any recording because I've only done the drill and not any full swings. I know it's not a huge improvement but any improvement on this problem is nice to see for me.

However, now that I have it up here, it doesn't even look like an improvement... I don't have anything I can use to measure the angles, I may need to find something to do that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just posting a quick snapshot from recording my work. I know I have the pictures backwards, that they should be old on left new on right. Just thought I'd show how quickly the dedicated practice is working. This was only after about a day or so of working the drill. I've worked on it more since then but haven't done any recording because I've only done the drill and not any full swings. I know it's not a huge improvement but any improvement on this problem is nice to see for me.

However, now that I have it up here, it doesn't even look like an improvement... I don't have anything I can use to measure the angles, I may need to find something to do that.

Sorry bro, they both look really flippy. I wish I had a way of conveying how I got rid of my flip so I could help you but I'm afraid it would all be semi-mystical feel based gobbledygook that would just confuse you more. I think it has something to do with giving up on your pivot and then your hands take over and club head flips past but I dunno shit, I'm barely hold my own swing together...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Sorry bro, they both look really flippy. I wish I had a way of conveying how I got rid of my flip so I could help you but I'm afraid it would all be semi-mystical feel based gobbledygook that would just confuse you more. I think it has something to do with giving up on your pivot and then your hands take over and club head flips past but I dunno shit, I'm barely hold my own swing together...

Yeah, it looked a lot better when I was putting the 2 pictures together then when I put it up I was like.... wtf was I seeing. I mean I see some differences in how straight my right arm is in the new over old, but the actual wrists look almost the same.

Eh well, it will give me a reference point to look at with the next set of swings I capture.

But hey, look at that secondary axis tilt and weight forward, good stuff right! :-P Focus on the good stuff I always say!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I was going to say the same thing. I know for me, it feels more and more like I am pulling the club from behind me which seems totally unnatural, but that is the feeling I have at least.

- Shane

Working on the feel as well as the drill. I noticed the ball creeped back again, it's about a ball back from center. I think I moved it back because the mat wasn't level and the ball kept rolling forward. Just did this quick video maybe 15 minutes ago. If it looks good to you guys I'll keep working on that feel along with the drill.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Working on the feel as well as the drill. I noticed the ball creeped back again, it's about a ball back from center. I think I moved it back because the mat wasn't level and the ball kept rolling forward. Just did this quick video maybe 15 minutes ago. If it looks good to you guys I'll keep working on that feel along with the drill.

Still pretty flippy but moving in a good direction I'd say. Obviously defer (duh) to whatever Evolvr says but I'd say you should do whatever your doing now but do it MOAR! Like WAY MOAR, like so much more you think it's ridiculous. Then check the video.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

This might help.

I hate this flip, I don't know why it's so hard for me to fix it. Nothing else has been nearly as hard to do.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I hate this flip, I don't know why it's so hard for me to fix it. Nothing else has been nearly as hard to do.

Hating it is good in that it is motivating. It won't disappear overnight. Stay patient and keep working on it.

- Shane