IGNORED

TST SoCal Golfers - Fall 2013 Outing - 10/13 @ Oak Quarry (Riverside, CA)

Note: This thread is 3769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Hey, who asked you anyways?  Pipe down over there!!  (I didn't say that cutting back was going to be easy, or that I have started yet ... just that I plan to)

Why? This is FREE. Playing golf is what costs you money. Duh. I think you'll be posting MORE, not less, to get your golf fix.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do we all agree on Oct 13th?

Originally Posted by SCfanatic35

I'm going to have to chime in here, my brother is claiming he actually works.  I did some calculations and if I didn't know any better, I would say you were on the TST payroll.

Shhhh

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Nah, we will do a Winter outing most likely... Trying to do these once a quarter.

Yep

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'll wait for you guys to lock in a date before making a decision.  October is very busy for me so I may have to pass on this one regardless.  In Oct I will likely be going to Myrtle Beach, defending my Reno Championship the week prior, and HOPING that I will also be busy the week before that at the NCGA Associate Club Net Amateur Championship (but I have to qualify for that one Aug 3rd).

Is the next one not until the Spring?

Winter is what got us all started. This is So. Cal.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by mvmac

Do we all agree on Oct 13th?

Works for me... October 13th should be our day.

If anybody has any objections they should speak up now.

Next on the list: location....

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

October 13th... And so it was. Now I gotta let the wife know... e5_innocent.gif

may the force be with you....

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Hmm, if it's the 13th, I may actually consider going, even though that's one of the dates I wasn't supposed to be available.  That is the weekend of the Reno Championship for my club.  Initially that was going to be the only tournament I was going to play with my club for the remainder of the year aside from the Net Am championship qualifier, as I'm not re-joining next year and I don't want to play any more rounds with them.  But the only reason I was going to play in the Reno championship is because I have the trophy I won last year and I'm supposed to bring it back for that tournament.  But I can always just give it back to them early .

Besides, it's probably actually cheaper to go hang with you guys vs going on the Reno trip.  But I honestly don't see how Beach is going to somehow convince his wife (whom will be in her third trimester by then?) that playing golf with his buddies on her birthday is good for both of them. Anyhow, I can't commit to anything anytime soon.  But is a decision by August soon enough?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Have fun guys! Unfortunately, I'm committed for the 13th, but since it looks like that works best for everyone else, I'll just have to plan to attend the winter outing instead.

PS - don't play Industry Hills, please. I've been wanting to give that course another try and missing the outing would be doubly painful if you chose to hold it there!

OK, so it's official?  Maybe Tristan, you or Mike or Erik can then add the date to the thread title so there is no confusion?

Now we can start talking courses!  Not to rule out any other areas mentioned, but Tristan is dead on about Temecula being pretty central for everybody.  I got directions on google maps to Temecula from a few places, and check out what the returns were:

Palm Desert:        64.7 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Long Beach:        84.1 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Pasadena:           82.3 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Mission Viejo:      69.8 miles, 1 hr, 7 min

San Diego:          58.5 miles, 58 min

Erie:                  2,449 miles, 36 hours ;)  (Erik, leave now!)

So, it's pretty darn central.  And by the middle of October, the summer heat should have dissipated, knock on wood.  I have never golfed there, so I'm like a kings bastard when it comes to the courses ...

... but there seem to be a lot of solid choices.

http://www.redhawkgolfcourse.com/

http://www.crosscreekgolfclub.com/

http://www.temekuhillsgolfcourse.com/

http://www.temeculacreekinn.com/golf/

https://www.pechanga.com/golf/coursetour.aspx (this ones a bit more $$$)

Again, not trying to make the decision for everybody or limit our choices by any means (I'll play anywhere) but just thought I'd get the ball rolling here.  Everybody please share your opinions on these courses, this area, and any other areas or courses that you'd like to consider!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

OK, so it's official?  Maybe Tristan, you or Mike or Erik can then add the date to the thread title so there is no confusion?

Good idea. Done.

Quote:

Now we can start talking courses!  Not to rule out any other areas mentioned, but Tristan is dead on about Temecula being pretty central for everybody.  I got directions on google maps to Temecula from a few places, and check out what the returns were:

Palm Desert:        64.7 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Long Beach:        84.1 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Pasadena:           82.3 miles, 1 hr, 21 min

Mission Viejo:      69.8 miles, 1 hr, 7 min

San Diego:          58.5 miles, 58 min

Erie:                  2,449 miles,  36 hours ;)  (Erik, leave now!)

Yup. not much more than an hour for anybody (except those not coming from SoCal)

... but there seem to be a lot of solid choices.

http://www.redhawkgolfcourse.com/

http://www.crosscreekgolfclub.com/

http://www.temekuhillsgolfcourse.com/

http://www.temeculacreekinn.com/golf/

https://www.pechanga.com/golf/coursetour.aspx  (this ones a bit more $$$)

Again, not trying to make the decision for everybody or limit our choices by any means (I'll play anywhere) but just thought I'd get the ball rolling here.  Everybody please share your opinions on these courses, this area, and any other areas or courses that you'd like to consider!

Some good courses around there. I'll add The Golf Club at Rancho California, formerly known as the SCGA course.

http://www.thegolfclubatranchocalifornia.com

Just looking at the sites of the ones listed, I really like the look of Cross Creek.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by Pakoh

How bout goose creek???

Another solid choice.  I have played here (once) and would love to go back.  It's a little closer for all of the LA/OC peeps, and almost exactly the same for the Palm Springs crowd.  A little further for Mike, but overall still pretty darn central.  Solid course, reasonable price.

http://www.goosecreekgc.com/

I have played Goose Creek twice. I think I got it for $65 on a weekend (cart included). Definitely a lot of bang for your buck! Nice grass driving range, and the had a qualifier for a Champions Tour event one of the days I was there.

I'll pass on Rancho California. The place has decent greens and that is about it. I like Goose Creek. You have a very solid layout, combined with above average course conditions, and one of the better practice areas around. All for the great price of $65. It's hard to beat Goose Creek if you are looking for value.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I'll pass on Rancho California. The place has decent greens and that is about it.

I like Goose Creek. You have a very solid layout, combined with above average course conditions, and one of the better practice areas around. All for the great price of $65. It's hard to beat Goose Creek if you are looking for value.

Good to know that about Rancho...

Seems like Goose Creek is getting a lot of love. Seems like that could be the one. The average weather there in October is 83°, so it should be pretty nice. The only thing I think that might hold us back is that a lot of courses overseed in September and October so we may run into that issue.

Mike or Erik, is there a possibility of a 5SK or Aimpoint clinic (or both) this time around since Erik might be coming?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Goose Creek looks good and I think Tristan brought up a good point with the over seeding.  Anyone played Cross Creek or Temeku Hills?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

The only thing I think that might hold us back is that a lot of courses overseed in September and October so we may run into that issue.

I called GC and they are planning to overseed on Sept 29th (Sunday), so the course would be 2/3s recovered by Oct 13th.  They said it's both fairways and greens.

I hope this helps.

Brad

Note: This thread is 3769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!