IGNORED

Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by kw purp

never said Austin is a better player, just a better winner. Lee obviously has more talent than him, which makes it that much worse that Austin has double his wins

6 is double of 39.

Math for Dummies, I guess.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

6 is double of 39.

Math for Dummies, I guess.

Smh thats like counting web.com tour victories. European tour wins are out of the discussion.

While he isn't really going about it the right way, I do think kw has somewhat of a point.

The announcers, at least a few times this weekend, talked about Westwood in a way that made you think he was a consistent PGA winner who just falls short in the majors. Really he falls short in the PGA in general.

There's no doubt he is a great golfer, but at some point you have to look at his PGA record and quit being shocked he hasn't won a major, yet the announcers act like it's a great oddity.

Smh thats like counting web.com tour victories. European tour wins are out of the discussion.

Not really.

Colin Montgomery:

0 PGA Tour Wins

31 Euro Wins

= Golf Hall of Fame

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Not really.

Colin Montgomery:

0 PGA Tour Wins

31 Euro Wins

= Golf Hall of Fame

Which we all acknowledge is a complete joke. The golf hall of fame is working hard to become a joke. The level of selectiveness is sad

Originally Posted by Lash

While he isn't really going about it the right way, I do think kw has somewhat of a point.

The announcers, at least a few times this weekend, talked about Westwood in a way that made you think he was a consistent PGA winner who just falls short in the majors. Really he falls short in the PGA in general.

There's no doubt he is a great golfer, but at some point you have to look at his PGA record and quit being shocked he hasn't won a major, yet the announcers act like it's a great oddity.

That was all my point was. I do not dislike Lee Westwood. He seems like a decent enough guy (who really knows) and he has no impact on my life. Just think he should be given the level of respect that his play has warranted. Nice player, no killer instict

Which we all acknowledge is a complete joke. The golf hall of fame is working hard to become a joke. The level of selectiveness is sad

We is limited to you, although Couple and VJ's selection are dubious. Not every HOF gets it right.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Quote:

Not really.

Colin Montgomery:

0 PGA Tour Wins

31 Euro Wins

= Golf Hall of Fame

Dang, you beat me to it. He was the first person I thought of reading through this thread.

Tyler Martin

I agree, kw is being hyper critical.Β  The reality is Westwood does not seem to handle the pressure of a big tournament well.Β  I also agree PGA Tour is deeper and tougher than Euro Tour, partially because the top players that are/were on the Euro Tour play in many PGA Tour events.

Joe Paradiso

We is limited to you, although Couple and VJ's selection are dubious. Not every HOF gets it right.

Zero majors, countless gags. Nothing about that says hall of fame

Quote:

Zero majors, countless gags. Nothing about that says hall of fame

Being a hall of famer is about more than winning majors.

Tyler Martin

He hardly plays on the PGA Tour.Β  If Westwood played regularly on the PGA Tour he would have a lot more wins there. The vast majority of the events that he plays in that qualify for the PGA TourΒ are Majors and World Golf events, with stellar fields.Β And the reason he gets to play in allΒ those eventsΒ is based on his results in them.

His results point to him being a top ten player in the world. You could look it up...

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.com/players/bio.sps?ID=4052

Bill M

He hardly plays on the PGA Tour.Β  If Westwood played regularly on the PGA Tour he would have a lot more wins there. The vast majority of the events that he plays in that qualify for the PGA TourΒ are Majors and World Golf events, with stellar fields.Β And the reason he gets to play in allΒ those eventsΒ is based on his results in them.

His results point to him being a top ten player in the world. You could look it up...

I have no need to look it up, I didn't make any comment on whether or not he is a top ten player. Actually, the closest I came is when I said " There's no doubt he is a great golfer" so I am not sure what your point is.

Quote:

Quote:

He hardly plays on the PGA Tour. If Westwood played regularly on the PGA Tour he would have a lot more wins there. The vast majority of the events that he plays in that qualify for the PGA Tour are Majors and World Golf events, with stellar fields. And the reason he gets to play in all those events is based on his results in them.

I have no need to look it up, I didn't make any comment on whether or not he is a top ten player. Actually, the closest I came is when I said "There's no doubt he is a great golfer" so I am not sure what your point is.

You said he had "somewhat of a point". His pointΒ has beenΒ that Lee Westwood is a loser. He has stated that Woody Austin, because of his 4 win on th PGA Tour, is a better player. The guy has no point. Except maybe at the top of his head.

Bill M

No one takes the world golf rankings seriously. At no point in time was Lee Westwood or Luke Donald the number one player in the world, but they were ranked that way.

You said he had "somewhat of a point". His pointΒ has beenΒ that Lee Westwood is a loser. He has stated that Woody Austin, because of his 4 win on th PGA Tour, is a better player. The guy has no point. Except maybe at the top of his head.

Said he was a better winner not player. Austin has 4 pga tour wins, Lee has 2.Β Lee is a better player. Read my previous post

Posts like this are so tiring. You're too busy being right and arguing what you want to argue, rather than taking a post for what it says and moving on. Rude and immature, IMO.

Posts like this are so tiring. You're too busy being right and arguing what you want to argue, rather than taking a post for what it says and moving on. Rude and immature, IMO.

I find it amazing that a guy who constantly finishes in the top ten im Majors (and just finished tied for third in aΒ very excitingΒ event)Β is considred a loser. People who think that areΒ tiring and obviously uninformed.

.Top ten player in the world. Look it up.

Bill M

Note:Β This thread is 3936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!