IGNORED

Does Lefty's win in Scotland hurt or help him for the British?

0ldblu3
Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Lefty wins Scotish open, help or hurt?

• This helps him at the British!
    • Sorry, peaked to soon

He goes into it on a high note with a win, instead of just thinking about how he blew the US open. Definitely helps him...also proves that he can play the kind of golf that will be needed next weekend.

Ding ding ding!!!! :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Who thinks the Scottish Open win didn't help him much now eh? Great back-to-back victories and that 66 today was astonishingly good.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

My DVR failed me... Great win by lefty. No question the Scottish Open prepared him for Muirfield. Great finish.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

It's the same type of golf, but the field isn't as strong. Beating Brandon Grace in a playoff isn't really the type of performance that will win you a British Open. Did he peak too soon, so to speak or is this the shot in the arm that will get him to a win?

Silliest sentence in the history of TheSandtrap.com, and not because Phil won.

It's an insult to:

Phil.

Grace.

The Scottish Open

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Winning is a good thing. Always.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I missed this until just now, but IIRC, Phil won at Houston once the week before winning Augusta.  For many players, any win is a big deal to them and may mean an emotional let down the next week, but Phil likes to play the week before a major as prep for the major, so, based on what happened today, it is clear that it was a lead up for him, not a mental peak.

Other than maybe Tiger and Phil, I can't think of too many guys who have won consecutive weeks on the PGA Tour.  (Villegas won the BMW and Tour Champ consecutively in 2008, but had a week off in between).  I think being in contention take as mental toll for most and there is a natural let down after winning.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

This event was a tune-up for the British and Phil is firing on all 8 cylinders now. His confidence will be high so hopefully he contends. This win only helps in preparing him for the Open.

How can I give myself a reputation point? Lol, he tore the back nine up!

• Upvote 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

How can I give myself a reputation point? Lol, he tore the back nine up!

You are clearly a future guessing genius. :)

• Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!