IGNORED

Help! Tryouts In less than a week!

patriotsfan9
Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Play like you don't care. That being said, be smart and play the high percentage shot. Once you have made up your mind, just hit the shot with no worries. You have done it before, so just have fun.

Well tommorow is the big day! Yesterday I played my practice round and shot an even 80. I played ok but could have done so much better. I had three double bogeys! However I made 4 birdies. I even had not one but two three putt bogeys! Should have been much lower. Still I played a so so round and was only one shot off. My practice round really helped my confidence heading in ill let you know how tommorow goes.

Make sure you eat something before and snack during the round tomorrow, even if you do not feel like it. Nerves and no energy do not work well when putting. Good luck!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let us know how you did.  If you have more rounds to go...practice your short game.  You can miss fairways and miss greens but if you can get up and down and still make par...that is all you need to do.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Well I have played the first two rounds and shot 82, 79. I'm aging pretty good but tommorow is the third round I will need to finish strong. Also I just bought new irons. The irons I've been playing with are the old king cobra oversize. My new ones are Taylormsde burner 2.0's. obviously leaps and bounds better. They should lower my score considerably. But idk if I should play with them Thursday. Any advice.

Originally Posted by patriotsfan9

Well I have played the first two rounds and shot 82, 79. I'm aging pretty good but tommorow is the third round I will need to finish strong. Also I just bought new irons. The irons I've been playing with are the old king cobra oversize. My new ones are Taylormsde burner 2.0's. obviously leaps and bounds better. They should lower my score considerably. But idk if I should play with them Thursday. Any advice.

I would not unless you are hitting them leaps and bounds better than your old irons.  Good luck.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I would absolutely not play with them. If you've shot 82-79, then you're close to making it, and obviously not playing badly. The TM's are probably several degrees stronger, and are engineered to be longer. The last thing you want is to be guessing at yardages when making the team is on the line.

Tyler Martin

Play your old irons unless you've had time to practice with the new ones so that at the very least you know distances. It sounds like it is all about confidence now. Play confidently, have fun, and good luck.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

My new ones are Taylormsde burner 2.0's. obviously leaps and bounds better. They should lower my score considerably.

Why are they better?

Certainly different, but not "better".

What makes you think they will lower your scores "considerably"?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Good job on your first two rounds. I will also agree with everyone else, do NOT use the new irons. Play your game and make that team, and once you do that start using the new clubs.

Great job so far keep it up you can do it!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Why are they better? Certainly different, but not "better". What makes you think they will lower your scores "considerably"?

Lol here this goof goes again. Patriots fan, I wouldn't use the new irons go with what you're comfortable with! Consistency is paramount to good golf lol. Good luck pal.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Patriotsfan9,

What happened?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 3919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!