IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

what I have noticed is that on the take away after I get 3/4 the way of my backswing my back shoulder just naturally goes flat..

I can get a little sloppy with this too, have to really stretch the right side or my head moves off the ball right around A3.2 or so...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still working in posture.. I feel like the hunchback of notradame with the way my stance is.. Not $

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yep pretty much how it first feels like. I remember Mike telling me that to feel like my chin is touching my chest. I was thinking, "Wow this feels weird." I still end up going back to looking down at the ball the wrong way from time to time. But every time I address the ball I make it a focal point to death stare the ball, not looking down at the ball down the bridge of my nose. Just keep at it. If you find your self slipping then just making it part of the preshot routine. Like a little second pause to focus on the ball with the head down more.  Its also something I have to do when I am putting as well. I found I was not looking down enough and it would pull my arms too straight, and cause my putting to be too arc'd for me.

My priority is really changing the s curve from my lower back.. I have brought my butt in and I actively feel that my lower back is curving out instead of in.. Now don't get me wrong, but I hate that feeling of forcing my body into any position and that is what I mean by unnatural.. Do you have that same feeling.. Should I expect that my body will get used to it and I won't have to worry about it at a certain point? I hope so!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Not really because I never had that exaggerated curve to my lower back. I work out a lot so I know about neutral back position, so I never stick my butt out. For me sometimes it feels like my legs have less flex, and I feel slightly more pull in my hamstrings, and my body is a bit more overtop of the ball. Not sure If I would try to feel a total 180 on this, not sure how that effects the back in video, and if it is bad for your back. Maybe just standing a bit more upright but feel more overtop of the ball will help you with out feeling the back do something.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Now don't get me wrong, but I hate that feeling of forcing my body into any position and that is what I mean by unnatural..

Remember feeling like crap right now is good, means you're making it change.

Do you have that same feeling.. Should I expect that my body will get used to it and I won't have to worry about it at a certain point?

For the most part yes. I recently had to "tweak" my A1 because I was developing a bad habit with my posture, it happens. Even for the guy that started the posture thread! :doh:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Remember feeling like crap right now is good, means you're making it change.

For the most part yes. I recently had to "tweak" my A1 because I was developing a bad habit with my posture, it happens. Even for the guy that started the posture thread!

I've been working on it for the past few days now.. Finally my set up is starting to look pretty much the same.  So, here it is.. what do you guys think?

Sorry about the dark color pants.. didn't realize it until the end.. I don't think my head moves as much, and I wasn't even thinking about "laying" the club down..

Just swings though without a ball..

Eyad

Definitely looking better. I know you weren't hitting a ball but the chin stayed "down" longer and A6 face on looked awesome.

Mike McLoughlin

Definitely looking better. I know you weren't hitting a ball but the chin stayed "down" longer and A6 face on looked awesome.

Come from you Mike I will take that as a compliment!  It feels different for sure.. I have a couple of questions maybe you can help me with.

1.  Even though you can clearly tell that my posture has changed, it seems to me that I might be hunching over more than before, and I'm not really standing up as much as I thought I would be.  Is this just because I am using a PW here, but as the club gets longer my "lower back" will become straighter?

2.  As you can see from the below, it looks like with the posture change my take away has become shallower than below.  In fact, I noticed that it helped in my transition to the downswing as there is no extra motion to make my self come in shallow on the downswing.  Is this something I should even worry about, or should I just continue practicing and ingraining my new posture and worry about everything else when the time comes?

Eyad

• Administrator

FWIW, people's posture is about the same with all clubs. You don't stand up appreciably more (in many people it's almost exactly the same) with a driver than you do with a wedge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

FWIW, people's posture is about the same with all clubs. You don't stand up appreciably more (in many people it's almost exactly the same) with a driver than you do with a wedge.

Thanks Erik, Noted.. I played a quick 7 holes with my friend to do and made an effort to make sure I was in my new posture. The short of it is I had too many mis hits with my PW if all clubs.. Just ugly ground screamers that mainly went straight and slightly to the right.. I hit the driver once and the 3w twice and they went straight with pretty good tragectry.. I think I just really need some range sessions with new posture and I'll find the ball again..

Eyad

Thanks Erik, Noted..

I played a quick 7 holes with my friend to do and made an effort to make sure I was in my new posture. The short of it is I had too many mis hits with my PW if all clubs.. Just ugly ground screamers that mainly went straight and slightly to the right..

I hit the driver once and the 3w twice and they went straight with pretty good tragectry..

I think I just really need some range sessions with new posture and I'll find the ball again..

Yea, practice all you want inside, but until you are able to get that visual of hitting golf balls outside it doesn't look pretty that first time out :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yea, practice all you want inside, but until you are able to get that visual of hitting golf balls outside it doesn't look pretty that first time out :-D

True.. I guess I just need to always take things in perspective and I do, so I don't expect my contact to be where it was right away, nor see the increase in FIR or GIR right away, but I know if I follow the program that will come! Sooner than later I hope!

Eyad

1.  Even though you can clearly tell that my posture has changed, it seems to me that I might be hunching over more than before, and I'm not really standing up as much as I thought I would be.  Is this just because I am using a PW here, but as the club gets longer my "lower back" will become straighter?

Yes like Erik said, you inclination doesn't change drastically from driver to wedge. I would like to see you a little "taller" at A1, will basically feel like you are bending over less with your torso. Keep doing that drill, stand 2-4 inches away from a wall, add some bend to the knees, bend from the hips until your butt touches the wall. From there you "slouch" down. You don't want your butt pressing into the wall.

2.  As you can see from the below, it looks like with the posture change my take away has become shallower than below.  In fact, I noticed that it helped in my transition to the downswing as there is no extra motion to make my self come in shallow on the downswing.  Is this something I should even worry about, or should I just continue practicing and ingraining my new posture and worry about everything else when the time comes?

Yes I prefer the hand path and elbow locations with the "A" swing. If it's happening without you thinking about it, then great, not something to worry about. I'd like to see most of your focus be on the posture stuff for now.

Mike McLoughlin

I would like to see you a little "taller" at A1, will basically feel like you are bending over less with your torso.

Two pics to add to the post above. Obviously the left pic is exaggerated. Both pics have the curvature in my upper back but in the right one, I'm not bending over as much as the left pic. Again that wall drill will help with the feel of it all.

Mike McLoughlin

Two pics to add to the post above. Obviously the left pic is exaggerated. Both pics have the curvature in my upper back but in the right one, I'm not bending over as much as the left pic. Again that wall drill will help with the feel of it all. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/91957/] [/URL]

Thanks, it is very clear to me now.. I am closer to the exaggerated one on the left than I am to the correct one, but I will keep working in it. The other thing I wanted to run by you is my foot flare, because with all my vids it just seems like my foot is extremely flared and maybe I need to stop exaggerating this now.. Do you have any reservations on that or should I go ahead and bring them in?

Eyad

Thanks, it is very clear to me now.. I am closer to the exaggerated one on the left than I am to the correct one, but I will keep working in it.

The other thing I wanted to run by you is my foot flare, because with all my vids it just seems like my foot is extremely flared and maybe I need to stop exaggerating this now.. Do you have any reservations on that or should I go ahead and bring them in?

Bring the left one in about 10* and the right one in 5*.

Mike McLoughlin

Very interesting swing in post 187.I am wondering if you feel any physical strain with it as you go to the top?

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.