IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

yes and yes, but do you really believe that my swing hasn't changed from 2 years ago or even from 6 months ago?

Two years ago? Absolutely. I remember your first swing here. It's improved significantly.

Six months ago? I don't know, man. If it's changed, it's subtle and probably has a minimal affect on your ballstriking.

1 hour ago, Abu3baid said:

Maybe the swing isn't evolving as fast as some, and yes I don't live next to a range so I settle for practicing with plastic balls wrapped in electrical tape at home, but that's the best I can do.

It's the rate of change (or lack thereof, as I perceived it) that makes me wonder if what you're doing for practice isn't effective, or why.

I'm not trying to bring you down, quite the opposite, actually. I'm telling you it's perfectly ok to enjoy the game as it is, however well you are playing. It's something I came to terms with myself; I'm going to keep working towards improvement, but I'm also going to enjoy the game no matter how poorly I play.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, collapse said:

Hogan, Nicklaus, Watson..are all wrong.

You could copy any of those guy's grips and you're not going to hit it like they do. You could also give them "bad" grips and they would still hit it pretty damn good.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 minute ago, mvmac said:

You could copy any of those guy's grips and you're not going to hit it like they do. You could also give them "bad" grips and they would still hit it pretty damn good.

I understand that the pros grip the club properly, all having the last 3 fingers of the  lead hand placed correctly so the club face has the correct angle in relation to the back of the hand.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

2 minutes ago, collapse said:

I understand that the pros grip the club properly, all having the last 3 fingers of the  lead hand placed correctly so the club face has the correct angle in relation to the back of the hand.

As usual you're missing the point.

The pros aren't pros because of the way they grip it. @Abu3baid has bigger priorities than his grip.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 minute ago, mvmac said:

As usual you're missing the point.

The pros aren't pros because of the way they grip it. @Abu3baid has bigger priorities than his grip.

nuff said.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, iacas said:

Please cite references from each where they say that a golfer will lower his handicap an appreciable amount just by changing their grip.

Still waiting @collapse.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Still waiting @collapse.

They all say the grip is the most important part of the golf swing.I think that speaks for itself.

4 minutes ago, collapse said:

They all say the grip is the most important part of the golf swing.I think that speaks for itself.

Please cite your sources, I'd like to see them for myself. That's also generally what is meant when the words, "Please cite references" are uttered. 

If you act like a grade-school student, you'll likely continue to need to cite sources like a grade-school student before anyone will believe a word you say.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, collapse said:

That's not citing sources. That's your memory telling you what you want it to tell you.

Besides… a whole lot of people, including Jack Nicklaus, also said the golf ball started on the path of the swing. They were wrong.

I also asked you to cite sources for them talking about how improving someone's grip is going to have a sizable impact on their handicap.

Tiger Woods, btw, has won PGA Tour events - and major championships - with several different grips.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Please cite your sources, I'd like to see them for myself. That's also generally what is meant when the words, "Please cite references" are uttered. 

If you act like a grade-school student, you'll likely continue to need to cite sources like a grade-school student before anyone will believe a word you say.

So you don't think any of them have ever said this? 

• Administrator
Just now, collapse said:

I'm going to make this very easy on you: cite your sources.

Cite the sources for each of them saying that the grip is so important, it will single-handedly and dramatically improve a player's scores.

Until you do so, none of your posts will be confirmed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, collapse said:

I don't see any evidence you have provided to support any of your claims, despite people repeatedly asking for it.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, collapse said:

They may have said it, they may not have. The point is you're not providing any proof that they did. If so, I'd definitely like to see it for myself.

This is not an unreasonable request. Back up what you say.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

17 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Eyad, this is your swing thread so I'll remain positive.

At the risk of sounding a bit overly dramatic, what you have done to reduce your handicap is nothing less than inspirational to the rest of us who struggle to improve. There's something to be said for one who works as hard as any pro - relative to their available time - just to get to the point where things start to get better. You deserve your recent success.

Don't listen to criticism from anyone who doesn't have your interest in mind. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Jon, I appreciate your support.. I realize that we all improve at different rates and I know that any of us will only get what we put into it and that it will not be easy..  I know I am in it for the long haul as it will be a game I will play for the rest of my life inshalla.

16 hours ago, billchao said:

Two years ago? Absolutely. I remember your first swing here. It's improved significantly.

Six months ago? I don't know, man. If it's changed, it's subtle and probably has a minimal affect on your ballstriking.

It's the rate of change (or lack thereof, as I perceived it) that makes me wonder if what you're doing for practice isn't effective, or why.

I'm not trying to bring you down, quite the opposite, actually. I'm telling you it's perfectly ok to enjoy the game as it is, however well you are playing. It's something I came to terms with myself; I'm going to keep working towards improvement, but I'm also going to enjoy the game no matter how poorly I play.

Thanks for the clarification Bill, and I know that all of us here in the end want to enjoy our time as much as we want to improve.  That's why I reduced my goal of averaging 85s by the end of 2016 to 95 so that I can take my time working on my swing, since as you and others have mentioned I probably don't spend enough time working on it...  

I did just sign up again with evolvr and at least will be able to work on my swing a lot more at the range since the kids will be on vacation for the next month.. that will be a needed boost for me IMO..

Thanks again I appreciate the support.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Started up with Evolvr again and as @billchao guessed my BS/Elbow is the main priority, I am flipping slightly and am unable to control my low point.

I like how Brian told me to not even think about uploading another video unless it has a shorter swing... to me that's motivating..  I will work on it every day and I will try and get to the range and get some reps in.. he is having me go up to the position and then stop for a second and then start my downswing, and keep reducing the time until it is a smooth transition.

Time to get to work one priority at a time!

Eyad

I have been working on my priority all week.. 

First is a few of my practice swings.. I'm not exactly sure if I am doing it correctly.. if anything, I think I am going to fast, but it is a fast piece, because I am trying to get to the top of the backswing at normal speed without letting it go too long.. I was basically trying to get to A4 and then hold it for a second or so and then go ahead with the DS.. I wasn't worried about the path, or the contact.. I think I have a pretty good feel for it.

I then took a couple full swing videos to see where stand before starting my round.  Here are the videos.  I think I am doing well for the first week of practice.

Eyad

Looking good.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart