IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

• Administrator
I took a look at the videos for the DTL taping, but I'm not really sure what am I should do differently than above?  The camera seems to be perpendicular to my target line.. Maybe you mean I should move it more to the left until the white stick is in the middle?  Any help would be appreciated.. I know this will help in the analysis to have it correct.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

The Down the Line view is a bit trickier to set up consistently. Again, the camera should be at roughly hip or belly button height. Rather than being square (perpendicular) to the target line, the camera should be aimed parallel to the target line, as illustrated by the three red lines above. The golfer should be in the left-center of the frame with a little room above his head and below his feet.

The absolute best position for the camera shooting Down the Line video is along the toe line - the left-most red line where the green is the brightest. A camera pointed parallel to the target line and halfway between the ball and the toes is acceptable but not ideal. Finally, a camera positioned directly behind the ball (the right-most red line) - regardless of how perfectly parallel it may be to the target line - is not very helpful at all as it will distort some things (such as the position of the club shaft at various stages of the swing).

You're much closer to the italic than the bold.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

The Down the Line view is a bit trickier to set up consistently. Again, the camera should be at roughly hip or belly button height. Rather than being square (perpendicular) to the target line, the camera should be aimed parallel to the target line, as illustrated by the three red lines above. The golfer should be in the left-center of the frame with a little room above his head and below his feet.

The absolute best position for the camera shooting Down the Line video is along the toe line - the left-most red line where the green is the brightest. A camera pointed parallel to the target line and halfway between the ball and the toes is acceptable but not ideal. Finally, a camera positioned directly behind the ball (the right-most red line) - regardless of how perfectly parallel it may be to the target line - is not very helpful at all as it will distort some things (such as the position of the club shaft at various stages of the swing).

You're much closer to the italic than the bold.

Ok.. I think I get it.. Basically the red line should be the direction of the white aid instead of the angle it is at.. Also, from the article I'm assuming it is ok for this new red line to be in the middle or if it is slightly left it is ok as well?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

Ok.. I think I get it.. Basically the red line should be the direction of the white aid instead of the angle it is at.. Also, from the article I'm assuming it is ok for this new red line to be in the middle or if it is slightly left it is ok as well?

Along your toe line.

If you're intentionally setting up closed, then along your front toes and vertical.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played 18 this morning at Dirab G&CC;

Having played this bad ever.. without being able to hit my driver or 3w any where near where I need to I will always make the game tougher.

However, I am optimistic with the changes I am making, and I am seeing some ball flight changes.. I think things can only go up from here.

"+14 on hole 15 doesn't help obviously - 6 shots OB in a row"

"4 Snow Men"

"3 Triples"

"4 Doubles"

"4 Bogies"

"1 Par"

AND ONE HOLE IN ONE!! (6i - 170 yard par 3 - hit a baby draw about 5 feet short of the flag and it rolled in)

I'll remember that one obviously, but not the round and 121 shot performance.

Yes, I can only get better from here!

Eyad

AND ONE HOLE IN ONE!! (6i - 170 yard par 3 - hit a baby draw about 5 feet short of the flag and it rolled in)

Congrats! :beer:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

AND ONE HOLE IN ONE!!  (6i - 170 yard par 3 - hit a baby draw about 5 feet short of the flag and it rolled in)

Congrats!

Thanks Bill!

Everything seemed like it was going in slow motion as it hit the green and bounced.. it felt like it took forever for the ball to get in the hole after the bounce..

I think I will enjoy this one for the rest of the day, and then back to reality.. I need a lot of work :)

side note:  where do I get that lowest score wins thingy under your signature?

Eyad

Congrats on the hole in one!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Congrats on the hole in one!!!

Thanks Matt!  It definitely keeps things interesting and keeps me much more motivated too!

Eyad

Having played this bad ever.. without being able to hit my driver or 3w any where near where I need to I will always make the game tougher.

However, I am optimistic with the changes I am making, and I am seeing some ball flight changes.. I think things can only go up from here.

"4 Snow Men"

"3 Triples"

"4 Doubles"

"4 Bogies"

"1 Par"

AND ONE HOLE IN ONE!!  (6i - 170 yard par 3 - hit a baby draw about 5 feet short of the flag and it rolled in)

Excellent!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks Bill!  Everything seemed like it was going in slow motion as it hit the green and bounced.. it felt like it took forever for the ball to get in the hole after the bounce.. I think I will enjoy this one for the rest of the day, and then back to reality.. I need a lot of work :) side note:  where do I get that lowest score wins thingy under your signature?

Yea, enjoy it man! Too bad you weren't vlogging... Don't you have one? It's from supporting LSW I think, you'd have to ask @iacas .

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Congrats on the hole in one Eyad! I'm still waiting for my first one....

That's friggin' awesome! Congratulations!

Ahhh man a big congrats on the ace!! My girlfriend dropped one a few weeks ago and I think I went more ballistic than her!

Thanks guys I appreciate it very much!  I'm rooting for all of you to get one very soon!  It is such a cool feeling.. I want to do it again!

Eyad

"4 Snow Men"

"3 Triples"

"4 Doubles"

"4 Bogies"

"1 Par"

Congrats! I gotta say I'm a bit jealous, but that's awesome.

- Shane

[QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/414#post_1010741"] [/QUOTE] Congrats! I gotta say I'm a bit jealous, but that's awesome.

Thanks.. I'm sure you'll get yours soon! :) On another note.. I think I'm really starting to change the path significantly.. I know that with out video it is not verifiable, but I have seen it on video just not with a real ball yet! The feeling or visualization that has helped me with the path is imagining that I am going to cut down a root with an ax from the top of the back swing, and then just squaring the face right before impact! I feel like this is a game changer and something that has been missing from my swing.. I will speak more about this once I get some swings on the range and record this new piece! I'm excited!

Eyad

• 4 weeks later...

Ramadan is almost over, and I will start up again with Evolvr very soon!

In the mean time, I have been working on my priority piece for the past 3 weeks or so at home.  I have played a few times posting an even 9 in one of my outings so that was fun (even if t is just 2,400 , 34 par exec. course)

I am working on a good shoulder turn, and then just laying the shaft down while pushing my hips forward and gaining some secondary axis tilt..  I hope that someday I can keep my backswing around where it is getting in my practice!

I know it is tough to comment on practice, but if there is anything that stands out or I should be doing better let me know please.. I can't wait to record my first live swing in a week or so for the first time in 3 weeks.. I think it is going to look different!!

Cheers!

Eyad

The middle to end part of the rehearsal swings looked smoother.  At the beginning, you seemed to have a lot of body tension.  I saw the same thing the first time I did the Slow, Specific drills stopping at each point, A4, A5, A6 etc.  The middle to end part you smoothed out. This helped me.  I was twitching a bit when I stopped at A5 and my shaft was steepening.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave