IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

What does "laying shaft down" mean? I looked at the video at Post #477 above.  Looks really good to me, much better than mine.  I'd have guessed your handicap was lower, much lower.

Thanks for the compliment. Laying the shaft down is basically just getting the club to point outside the ball at A4.5 - A5 and then having the club head just inside my hands at A6 so that I can deliver the club on an in-out path.. if it is still not clear I can put up picturea of what is meant, you will find many others mentioning the same thing because it is a tough piece to master... because path is instinctual and it takes time ando patience to go from an over the top swinger to an in-out one! I have stephan from evolvr to thank for the swing improvement and his patience with me. In regards to the hc I agree and thus the very challenging goal of dropping 15 strokes in one year! Just need to put the time in!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Moving ahead with my 2015 objective of dropping 15 strokes in 1 year.

1st step sign up for evolvr again - Check

Took the below videos today..  Please don't hold back if you have any thoughts!

Dri - FO

Dri DTL

7i - FO

7i - DTL

Pitching - FO

Pitching - DTL

Eyad

Abu3baid,

I'm new here, but from your first swing until now you've made some excellent improvements. I'd like to give you a couple of pieces of advice that should take you to the next level.

1. Slow down a little when practicing. Each shot needs to be completely understood before moving onto the next one. Try to really stop on all of your shots and understand why it happened. It is not easy, but pays huge dividends.

2. You are coming over the top with your driver. The inside path is superior, but with the technology today you can get away with it. In order to prevent this I recommend you allow your body to transition a little bit slower. Try to feel the arms, chest and hands sync up as you approach to ball from the inside path.

3. Pitching requires feel, rythm and vision. Go through your entire pre-shot routine on every pitch...I know it seems silly if working on technique, but trust me--your skills will rapidly accelerate when you approach the short game this way. Also, SLOW DOWN. Watch what the ball does all the way to the hole (roll out, bounce, spin, skip, etc.)

4. FINALLY, and the most important, as you learn to hit from the inside path you will hit draws, hooks and blocks. Success will not happen overnight...be patient. This is one of the holy grails of golf. The inside path allows the physics of the toe to actually take over. The first time you feel the club striking from the inside as the toe closes down on the ball you'll understand what I'm talking about. The ball loves it...

Later,

Jeremy

Abu3baid, I'm new here, but from your first swing until now you've made some excellent improvements. I'd like to give you a couple of pieces of advice that should take you to the next level. 1. Slow down a little when practicing. Each shot needs to be completely understood before moving onto the next one. Try to really stop on all of your shots and understand why it happened. It is not easy, but pays huge dividends. 2. You are coming over the top with your driver. The inside path is superior, but with the technology today you can get away with it. In order to prevent this I recommend you allow your body to transition a little bit slower. Try to feel the arms, chest and hands sync up as you approach to ball from the inside path.  3. Pitching requires feel, rythm and vision. Go through your entire pre-shot routine on every pitch...I know it seems silly if working on technique, but trust me--your skills will rapidly accelerate when you approach the short game this way. Also, SLOW DOWN. Watch what the ball does all the way to the hole (roll out, bounce, spin, skip, etc.) 4. FINALLY, and the most important, as you learn to hit from the inside path you will hit draws, hooks and blocks. Success will not happen overnight...be patient. This is one of the holy grails of golf. The inside path allows the physics of the toe to actually take over. The first time you feel the club striking from the inside as the toe closes down on the ball you'll understand what I'm talking about. The ball loves it... Later, Jeremy

Thanks for stopping by, and you are correct about practicing slow and I do that. The recordings were just to record my swing and it wasn't me actually practicing. However your point is well taken and I agree 100%! I am still too steep on the DS, but I'm more worries about my head translating forward so much when I was able to keep it steady with a good pivot on the bs. I'll wait for my coach to let me know what my priority is then record my practice as an example of what I do during it!

Eyad

Looking good, Eyad! The only things I have to say are secondary axis tilt, and camera angles :-) Get back on Evolvr, you're doing great!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Not a golf pro, but looks like your right elbow gets to far behind you on your back swing.  Makes it hard to get it back into position on your downswing.  Something I am working on myself.  I also need to get signed back up for evolvr, but have a few things I know I need to fix from my last lessons.  Good luck with your goal.

Hopefully I'm better tomorrow

Looking good, Eyad! The only things I have to say are secondary axis tilt, and camera angles :-) Get back on Evolvr, you're doing great!

Right on... Boy would I love some secondary axis tilt! Right now I am the anti tilt and need to just get all the way to the other side.. It would help getting that path out for sure. [quote name="buckshot4227" url="/t/69581/my-swing-abu3baid/490_10#post_1077918"]Not a golf pro, but looks like your right elbow gets to far behind you on your back swing.  Makes it hard to get it back into position on your downswing.  Something I am working on myself.  I also need to get signed back up for evolvr, but have a few things I know I need to fix from my last lessons.  Good luck with your goal.  [/quote] I think it is a by product of my over swing and me not getting the shaft at 90* at A3.. Turning rate is off on the bs, but I'll let the experts decide if it is a priority piece now.. Thanks for your input!

Eyad

Moving ahead with my 2015 objective of dropping 15 strokes in 1 year.

1st step sign up for evolvr again - Check

Good luck, Eyad!!!

I'm signing back up for evolvr again soon-ish. I am still working the same things I was assigned last year, and it DEFINITELY helped. Posture!!!!

I think my head moves too far forward on my downswing, because as I get my weight forward, the head comes along for the ride! (but evolvr lessons hadn't gotten to that flaw yet). On your Face-On driver swing, I think if you compare where your head starts at the top of the BS and where the head ends up at impact, it has moved many inches forward.  I guess that will be fixed by the secondary axis tilt we need? Hopefully I'll update some swings within a month or two as well.

Winter setting in here in the DC area. Time to get to work!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Left (right arm straight forever) leads to right:

Left (overswing) leads to right:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow, from your first videos to your latest, excellent progress.

Keep up the hard work, you know what you have to do.  Evolvr my friend.

Left (right arm straight forever) leads to right:

Left (overswing) leads to right:

Brian   

Good luck, Eyad!!! I'm signing back up for evolvr again soon-ish. I am still working the same things I was assigned last year, and it DEFINITELY helped. Posture!!!! I think my head moves too far forward on my downswing, because as I get my weight forward, the head comes along for the ride! (but evolvr lessons hadn't gotten to that flaw yet). On your Face-On driver swing, I think if you compare where your head starts at the top of the BS and where the head ends up at impact, it has moved many inches forward.  I guess that will be fixed by the secondary axis tilt we need? Hopefully I'll update some swings within a month or two as well. Winter setting in here in the DC area. Time to get to work!

Yes, please do..I haven't recorded my swing in over 2 months and it hurt me IMO! The good thing going for me is that the season is 365 :) Very nice @iacas that makes total sense. I appreciate it very much! Should I work on the strap around the arm drill for a while until I get my feedback from Stephan or Brian? The result of the over swing you are eluding to is my head translating a whole head length on the DS correct?

Eyad

For the next week will be working on keeping head relatively steady on the DS with the driver I will do that by moving the ball back to my left heal instead of at my toe right now, and will do half and 3/4 swings feeling the head go back on the DS. I will also work on it at home using the door as a reference and slowly ingraining that my head shouldn't translate on the DS For my pitching I just need to make a couple of adjustments of moving back a little as this will help shallow the club a little and ensure better contact, and slightly activate my arms more as I might be turning too fast with the hips leaving my arms behind. I will also work on other low trajectory pitch shots by keeping the same BS but go through the ball as if it were a full swing to get a lower further ball flight dependin on the club I use.

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

@cbrian I figured I would just include this quick 5 minute video of me practicing at 1/2 swing speed (or at least that is what it felt like to me) trying to not translate my head so much to the front.  I know I sent a video of me working on it at home, but figured this would help you guide me a little bit better as well.

I wasn't hitting any of these drivers longer than 150 yards.. some didn't even make it to 100 yards actually, and then I think the last couple I hit them a little bit further.  I think I am improving, but lots more work to do on it IMO.

Would you like me to see me doing something else during my range session?  I basically continued like this until I finished the bucket.

Eyad

My priority piece is still basically the same as before..  However, adding a little piece to it to bring things together better.

I have some other major flaws in my swing especially with what my left arm does, but those aren't going to get addressed yet, and I wasn't even told what they were.. (which is a good thing, so that I don't have to think/worry about them for now)

1.  I have to shorten my backswing

2.  I have to continue practicing keeping the ball at my left heel and taking 3/4 swings while not translating my head over

3.  (new piece)  I have to work on bringing the arms down faster than my left shoulder opening on the downswing.. This is a tricky one, but it was pointed out how this could cause path issues.. i.e. the shoulder opens up, the head translates left and path goes left.

I have also dropped my goal of shooting an average of 85 by the end of the year, because my goal should only be to improve my priority piece period.  My scores will drop with the improvements I make.  I was shooting in the 120+ range before evolvr, and made a very big improvement.  I know going forward improvement will not be as fast, so I shouldn't set goals that could end up being a detriment to my progress!

Eyad

Very impressive practice - exactly what I take as the meaning of the 5 "S's". Wish I had your patience and discipline.

The swing looks good (from what I know), especially the sequencing of the lower body starting to shift before you complete the backswing. Very little head movement from start to finish - laterally or up and down.

How do you know when it's time to increase the speed or your practice swings? Do you make that decision or does your instructor?

Jon

I have no say really in what I practice.. For the specific drill I actually do much slower versions of it at home, but on the range I was told to do it between half and 3/4 speed.. (I didn't bother asking why) but I would doubt I would be asked to do it faster as it stops being a drill at that point.. My head is still translating over to the left on the downswing, and one of the reasons is that my shoulder opens up quicker than my arms come down.. I have to work on it, but waiting to get more feed back on how to isolate that piece to train it in a more effective manner. I need to look around the site more to find if this issue of the shoulder opening up faster then the arms coming down had been discussed to see if I can get more direction on this piece.. It is amazing that after a year with evolvr I'm still working on Key#1 , the difference is that when I started it was working on the grip, pivot, sway and other backswing stuff.. Now it is the downswing stuff.. The good part is that wven while I am working on key#1 it is also going to be addressing my path issues.. This is really the benefit on working on priorities instead of just the first flaw that's identified.. Cheers

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

Still working at it.. here is the last full swing sent in

PW at full speed just to see the difference in the head movement between Driver and PW.. it was too dark to do 240fps

Eyad