IGNORED

Golf Season/Tryouts Blog

Hogan Incarnate
Note: This thread is 6110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We didn't really have try-outs for my team this year because our 1, 2, 4, and 5 were all out of town. We did have me, the 3, and our 6 and 7. I shot 71 and 6 shot 95 and 7 shot 106.

Nice play! Solid.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Yep my tryouts are coming up too. Monday(Elk Valley), Tuesday(Downing), Wednesday(Elk Valley Driving Range), Thursday(downing). The top ten go to Florida...i hope i get top 10 (yeah right as a freshman)

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

try to hit the practice green tomorrow before the tryouts for a bit, or practice on your home carpet, seems like you need a bit of work to stop those three putts.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

So, where do you stand compared to the rest of the "field"?

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

We didn't really have try-outs for my team this year because our 1, 2, 4, and 5 were all out of town. We did have me, the 3, and our 6 and 7. I shot 71 and 6 shot 95 and 7 shot 106.

Nashville, huh? Where do you go to school and what course did y'all play?

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Well, my tryouts are done... but we played fourth out of 20 at a mini-tour event and beat the #1 team in our district by 15. Flat out killed them.

And what's crazy is that I'm 8th on my team with an average of 81.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I can't believe this. I'm playing my worst golf of the summer and at the worst time. Shot a 45 today. I'm too pissed to go through stroke by stroke but lets say that I didn't par until the last hole. Pathetic.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

Nashville, huh? Where do you go to school and what course did y'all play?

Ah, a fellow Nashvillian. We played Riverside, not that hard of a course. Where are you from?

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

Well i stand either as the 12 man on varsity or top 5 on reserve team

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

At least I didn't get a call from the coach. He isn't posting the list, he's going to call the people that didn't make it and inform them personally. The silver lining on the cloud.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

Well i stand either as the 12 man on varsity or top 5 on reserve team

they should allow you to do both, at least to be able to play. or do you get to play alot when your the 12th?

I love to hate this damn game.

i trying out for froshsoph this year as a sophmore, didn't make it last year, but im playing good golf this summer. Tryouts are in Jan.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

The best thing about my school golf team is that its based out of my Home club, so i might even be top or 2nd now. Its pretty exciting to know you could possibly be the best there.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The best thing about my school golf team is that its based out of my Home club, so i might even be top or 2nd now. Its pretty exciting to know you could possibly be the best there.

That's extremely exciting Dent!

I am hoping to put myself in the 3rd-5th slot. I have improved a lot since last year but we have a couple of guys who are consistently mid to high 70s that are very hard for me to touch.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

My golf tryouts were at the very beginning of the month.
We had 3 days of tryouts. I shot a 5 over 32 (par 3 course), a 7 over 42 and a 10 over 45(bad day). We just had 4 seniors graduate this past year who were all in the top 6 so this season's going to be a little weak. I'm #4 on the team with my friend, a junior as well as me at number 1. He usually shoots even. 2 and 3 are both seniors and they shoot around 2-3 over and around 5ish over respectively. The rest of our team is considerably worse. The next best scores at tryouts were in the uppermid(46)-high 40's. I think if I can pull my putting together and refine my chipping, I can be shooting an easy 5 over anywhere. Btw, my handicap is just an estimate.. I usually shoot in the low 40's for 9 and at worse mid 40's.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

My golf tryouts would be on the 28th-30th, I needed to get my physical in by the 10th, but my mom never called the doctor to get an appointment for the physical, so I guess I'm trying out next year. It sucks because I have a chance to get on varsity as a freshman. I need to shoot an 85 to beat out the last man on varsity and I'm playing the best golf of my life. I shot an 80 the other day with a 2 over 38 on the back. But, for the rest of the summer I'm trying to break 80 and make myself much better so I can be on varsity next year.

In my Bag:
SQ 10.5*
Old Burner 15*
CPR hybrid 21*
NDS Irons (4-PW) Vokey 52*,Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60* NewportBallsTP Red

Note: This thread is 6110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!