IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

50th anniversary of Dr. Strangelove coming soon. One of my favorite movies, ever. Albatross!

Finally got my wife to see it this fall.  Great movie.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've heard great things about that film, well, except from Erik but he's a bit of a hipster so…;-) Let me know how you like it.

Loved it. Birdie! Also loved the soundtrack. And my new current favorite song is Long Black Road by ELO ... How have I never heard that song before?? [quote name="nevets88" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/90#post_942705"] I liked AH. I'd give it a 25 ft birdie, I liked the funny side of the movie, liked seeing Amy Adams play against her goodie two shoes type.[/quote] [quote name="saevel25" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/90#post_942738"]I have to agree that American Hustle was a bit long. It was good when they were doing their hustle or the drama was up. When it wasn't the movie would drag on. Also, I hated the FBI guy, really annoying.  [/quote]Bradley Cooper or Louis CK? Dude never finished the ice fishing story!, My favorite line in the movie ... "Don't put metal in the science oven!"

All is Lost with Robert Redford.  I give it a birdie.  If you like ocean adventure/survival stories, you will like this.

Scott

My Swing Thread

All is Lost with Robert Redford.  I give it a birdie.  If you like ocean adventure/survival stories, you will like this.

Agreed, tap-in birdie. Some of stunts he pulled off @ 77, amazing. But great acting. That one scene where he blows up vocally, wow. Love the subtle soundtrack.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Agreed, tap-in birdie. Some of stunts he pulled off @ 77, amazing. But great acting. That one scene where he blows up vocally, wow. Love the subtle soundtrack.

Agreed.  I told my wife that I would have been swearing a LOT more than Redford!  And even though his face shows his age, he still is good looking.  Bastard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Give Lone Survivor a par.  Well directed and the grittiness of the action was very effective.  Heard some people were protesting the movie because it glorifies war, it conveyed the complete opposite IMO.

I can't really use the word "enjoyed" about this movie but it is very well done and there is so much to take from it. I feel like a cipher for having ever at any time complained about my life. Without spoiling it, the two ethics/honor decisions in the movie, one at the beginning and the one at the end are just so tough. Sometimes the right things come at the greatest expense. I have so much respect for those individuals.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Captain Phillips .  Birdie.  Hanks is just a great actor.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Captain Phillips.  Birdie.  Hanks is just a great actor.

Absolutely. I once heard some talking head refer to Tom Hanks as our generations* Jimmy Stewart and I think that's a pretty accurate comparison.

*It occurred to me whilst typing this post that Jimmy Stewart was probably your generations Jimmy Stewart. Ha, old man! :w00t:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Really enjoyed The Wolf of Wall Street a few days ago. Great storyline, phenomenal acting and not your "run of the mill" movie. Definitely recommended.

A nice Eagle for TWoWS! :beer:

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Absolutely. I once heard some talking head refer to Tom Hanks as our generations* Jimmy Stewart and I think that's a pretty accurate comparison.

*It occurred to me whilst typing this post that Jimmy Stewart was probably your generations Jimmy Stewart. Ha, old man!

My son's middle name is James after James Stewart and James Buffett. :dance:

Scott

My Swing Thread

I really enjoyed the documentary Big Star:Nothing Can Hurt Me. It's a somewhat well told story of one of my favorite bands.

Corey

The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.  Par.  The Boston accent stuff was funny, but the story was a bit weak.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I thought Lone Survivor would be somewhat similar to Argo/Zero Dark Thirty but closer to the real story, like Restrepo with fictional dramatization. It was a tough watch and I'll have to go through the book it was based on. The opening sequence documenting the training these guys go through, it's something. Similar feelings towards Captain Philips. He did an AMA on reddit, the captain. Learned a lot about the shipping business. I for one am tired of superhero movies and am glad there are more movies in the vein of the above two.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

I watched About Time tonight. A solid, routine birdie. Fairway, green, made 22-footer.

It was sweet without being sappy, had a nice message, and ended before it got tedious. Having just lost my grandma, I found the parts about his father particularly touching. When I think of the movie, I'll be inspired to be a better father and husband - we can't go back in time to fix anything, so we have to get it right the first time around.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just watched "End of Watch" the other night. Really enjoyed it, perfectly paced. I give it a birdie.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I watched About Time tonight. A solid, routine birdie. Fairway, green, made 22-footer. It was sweet without being sappy, had a nice message, and ended before it got tedious. Having just lost my grandma, I found the parts about his father particularly touching. When I think of the movie, I'll be inspired to be a better father and husband - we can't go back in time to fix anything, so we have to get it right the first time around.

Some people were negative on it because of not being consistent w/time travel rules but I though it was more a movie about relationships with some time travel thrown in rather than a time travel movie. It was very sweet, like Knotting Hill and 4 Weddings, all sappy movies but usually find myself watching. Will watch anything with Bill Nye. Well, almost everything - Underworld, ugh.

Steve

• Administrator
Some people were negative on it because of not being consistent w/time travel rules but I though it was more a movie about relationships with some time travel thrown in rather than a time travel movie. It was very sweet, like Knotting Hill and 4 Weddings, all sappy movies but usually find myself watching. Will watch anything with Bill Nye. Well, almost everything - Underworld, ugh.

It's funny that you typed "Bill Nye." :) It's Bill Nighy. I think the Ken Ham thread may have thrown you off…

Yeah, I remember now those people complaining about the time travel rules. Whatevs… screw them hippie nerds. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's funny that you typed "Bill Nye." :) It's Bill Nighy. I think the Ken Ham thread may have thrown you off… Yeah, I remember now those people complaining about the time travel rules. Whatevs… screw them hippie nerds. :D

Ha ha. Lol. I've been lurking that thread. I claim auto-correct!

Steve