• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
iacas

The Films and Movies Thread

I'm really excited for the next Blade Runner coming out this Friday. For how much the first movie has a cult following, I think it hasn't had much hype around it. It might be they are keeping information on the down low.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/25/2017 at 12:31 PM, saevel25 said:

I'm really excited for the next Blade Runner coming out this Friday. For how much the first movie has a cult following, I think it hasn't had much hype around it. It might be they are keeping information on the down low.

I think it's opening next Friday?

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.23.23 AM.png

Just purchased tickets. REAL IMAX baby. Not that LIEMAX

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.30.15 AM.png.

Blade Runner in 4K - Tap in Birdie

It's been a while since I've watched this movie from begin to end. This movie is easily a tap in birdie. It's a great movie for the 4K format. Since the graphics are not CG, they look crisp and stunning in 4k. The acting is very good. Harrison Ford has his gruff cop acting down. I forget how creepy the actors made their "replica" android personas. The scenes were they turn on the charm to then switching off the emotions is chilling.

This movie holds up well. The beginning of the movie dates it as Los Angeles 2019. I like how a lot of their assumptions on 2019 technology never came true. I wasn't sure they were every trying to guess on what 2019 technology would be since the world of Blade Runner is a dystopian world. 

For those who are fans of Blade Runner, and have 4K TV w/ the 4K Player, get this movie in 4K. 

Ex Libris: The New York Public Library, eagle. Almost 3 and a half hours, but worth it. Lingers on its subjects and shows how beneficial and even transformative the library can be. I got dusty during a couple of scenes.