IGNORED

Of the following drivers: Which is best?

Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Best for what? The clubheads will all make equally good paperweights, LOL. Seriously though, they are all 5-10 year old clubs from quality makers. The oldest will be a little smaller and offer less forgiveness than newer models. See my sig, though, I am certainly not a poster boy for new technology. What would make one of these "better" or "worse" for you, would be the loft and the shaft they are paired with.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used a rental set last summer while on vacation in PEI and it had a Adams Insight driver (not the square one, it was a traditional shaped head) and I found it very forgiving. Probably not as long as the Diablo (they are effing long!!) but it certainly treated me nice.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Which ever one works best for your golf game. There is no right answer, to which one is best, that is up to you.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Which Insight? I'm curious.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Launcher. I should have never swung a 460 driver, because it made my Launcher 330 look freakishly small. I lost confidence in it even though it was a proven winner for me. I'm hoping the Classics XL I just picked up can continue to perform like the Launcher did for me in the past.

The Cleveland driver has been a big hit with my wife and my retired playing partner.  The G5 has worked for me.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Any of them should work for you. However, you will never know which one works best for you unless you get a chance to hit them all. Personally, I've owned 3 Cleveland drivers (HiBore, Launcher 460 and Classic 310) and hated them all. For some reason, couldn't find a sweet spot on any of them; felt like a tin can on a stick. I've traded all of them in. Personally, I would go with Titleist, Cobra, TM or Callaway - I always got something out of those brands.

The Ping is working for me. It has a draw bias and naturally turns the face square. Great for guys like myself who are lazy getting around on the ball or have natural fade for one reason or another. Not sure but I think Ping calls it SFT or straight flight technology. 10% of the weight shifted toward heel.

I think the question is have you tried them?

If so what one did you hit the best, felt the most confidence with, that is the one you get.

If you are looking to just get a new driver and not able to try them, then I have heard a lot of good things about the Diablo.

I started with a Cobra off set 10.5 reg was very happy with it, got it for a great price off the Internet, 2 year old model new. I would not have changed if not for trying the Ping G25.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 3836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!