IGNORED

TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'm on a plane tomorrow.

Yippee.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm on a plane tomorrow.

Yippee.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just got this, sound good?

Quote:
Mike,

Merry Christmas!

February the 16th is available.

11:30 start for 16 players
Rate:  $70.00 (rack rate for that time is $83.00)
Comp you and your partner.

I am holding the times for you, so once you confirm with your group let me
know.

Since @hacker101 , me and our kids are the first group out, should we be at the course at 10:30am (16th to be sure)?

Looking forward to this, even studied the course on google earth.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Since @hacker101, me and our kids are the first group out, should we be at the course at 10:30am (16th to be sure)?

I was planning on getting there @ 10:30 as well. Figures That'll give me time to hit a few balls, practice a few putts, and maybe have a quick bite before heading out. Not to mention BSing with everyone...

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Since @hacker101, me and our kids are the first group out, should we be at the course at 10:30am (16th to be sure)?

I was planning on getting there @ 10:30 as well. Figures That'll give me time to hit a few balls, practice a few putts, and maybe have a quick bite before heading out. Not to mention BSing with everyone...

Sounds good, we might also grab a bite. Unless, we get hungry on the trip and end up getting a Carl's breakfast burger. What was the plan after the round?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, I'll probably do the same.

Should be fun!!

Sounds good, we might also grab a bite. Unless, we get hungry on the trip and end up getting a Carl's breakfast burger. What was the plan after the round?

Lihu,

Are we meeting on the way or at the course, let me know one way or the other we are good either way. PM me is you want to meet prior or not.

Really we are not the first group out we will hold everyone up, I don't want to hear all day "when we are young" from the groups behind...ha-ha this is going to be fun!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Quote:

Lihu,

Are we meeting on the way or at the course, let me know one way or the other we are good either way. PM me is you want to meet prior or not.

Really we are not the first group out we will hold everyone up, I don't want to hear all day "when we are young" from the groups behind...ha-ha this is going to be fun!

Don't worry, we'll move fast. Even if it takes more strokes/balls to get to the hole. :-D

Yeah, I guess meeting at the course is fine, because we would only caravan for less than half an hour.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Don't worry, we'll move fast. Even if it takes more strokes/balls to get to the hole.

Yeah, I guess meeting at the course is fine, because we would only caravan for less than half an hour.

Looks like I had better pick up another box or two of ball.. :bugout:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Quote:

Don't worry, we'll move fast. Even if it takes more strokes/balls to get to the hole.

Looks like I had better pick up another box or two of ball..

I plan to bring a sack of old Callaway, but hope I don't need more than 3. Last outing I only lost 5, so I'm trending downward :-D

Let's keep it to 5 minutes per hole search per cart. That should keep the pace of play up. Take a look at the picture gallery, looks like there are a lot of trees and creek with associated marsh weeds. Looks really gorgeous, and can't wait to play it.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Looks really gorgeous, and can't wait to play it.

This. Speaking to some folks who've played it, sounds like 18 should be a lot of "fun". Over/Under on balls in the water?

Quote:

Looks really gorgeous, and can't wait to play it.

This. Speaking to some folks who've played it, sounds like 18 should be a lot of "fun". Over/Under on balls in the water?

I checked the forced carry for that on google maps from Whites. Looks like 202 yards aiming for the bunker. As you move off line to the right it goes to 230 yards at about 10 degrees off line.

Aim left. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Aim left.

LOL exactly. It's definitely the hardest hole on the course.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm glad to be playing the white tees. B-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Nice looking course from those shots.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple days.  Just found out I have Monday off...so that makes it even more awesome.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Nice looking course from those shots.  Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple days.  Just found out I have Monday off...so that makes it even more awesome.

Cool.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!