IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just took some FO 6i videos, now that I know how important it is. . .

Should be able to view in HD. These were consecutive shots, I just edited out all the wait time for the benefit of reviewers of my swing.

I definitely need to work on the flip, amongst all the other things recommended of course.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quick thing I noticed, you have your feet flared, but you seem to be standing a little knock-kneed. I believe if you bow out the front knee, it will help you with your hip slide/weight forward, which can help with the flip.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quick thing I noticed, you have your feet flared, but you seem to be standing a little knock-kneed.

I believe if you bow out the front knee, it will help you with your hip slide/weight forward, which can help with the flip.

Do you mean for me to turn my lead knee out a little bit forward?

EDIT: Just tried it with an "air" swing, and it feel like it can help with my balance as well? I look forward to our trip in Erie. Hope to get more pointers. Thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Do you mean for me to turn my lead knee out a little bit forward?

Yes, towards the target more.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yes, towards the target more.

That feels a bit more natural too. I'll try it out tomorrow morning. Thanks, Bill.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

That looks like an extreme reverse K set up in my opinion, but maybe it was recommended to you by Mike or Erik so ignore my opinion off that is the case.. I am also not sure what your priority piece is because again it really seems to me that you are trying things and looking for tips and things to try out, but again that is my opinion.. Having said that the one thing thy really stood out from the video you posted is your left foot during and a bit after your impact actually.. You are basically still on the ball of your foot and then you sort of fake turn over into your toe well after you are in your follow through! I would check with Mile since you have seen him personally, but I really would recommend the banking of the left foot drill to help you with the weight forward.. Your foot doesn't bank at all, just spins out underneath its self basically. Again this is all just my opinion take it for what it's worth, maybe nothing, but you have a lot to work with here and If you can get this weight forward you can really improve quickly! Thanks

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

That looks like an extreme reverse K set up in my opinion, but maybe it was recommended to you by Mike or Erik so ignore my opinion off that is the case..

I am also not sure what your priority piece is because again it really seems to me that you are trying things and looking for tips and things to try out, but again that is my opinion..

Having said that the one thing thy really stood out from the video you posted is your left foot during and a bit after your impact actually.. You are basically still on the ball of your foot and then you sort of fake turn over into your toe well after you are in your follow through! I would check with Mile since you have seen him personally, but I really would recommend the banking of the left foot drill to help you with the weight forward.. Your foot doesn't bank at all, just spins out underneath its self basically.

Again this is all just my opinion take it for what it's worth, maybe nothing, but you have a lot to work with here and If you can get this weight forward you can really improve quickly!

Thanks

Not sure if this is just a bad habit or not, or if it is just the momentum of my upper body that is pulling me the rest of the way through. Some of those Key2 drills might help me a bit.

My reverse K is pretty exaggerated. In fact, I tried some swings with a less exaggerated case, but as I am trying to fix issues with my "natural" swing, I only posted these swings. I was surprised that I look this bad, when editing my vLog. This might be just one of those things that my playing partners look at and think to themselves "WTF???".

I was working on my weight forward, but then my spine moves forward. I was trying to keep my spine in one position, which led me to this current swing, but you're correct more weight forward at impact is going to help me with getting full distances on my clubs.

Thanks for the comments.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

It is funny you said that because I don't remember seeing any real FO views on your vlog (very nice by the way other than the 30 minute pre-shot routine) and every time before your swing I see your lower body do this strange move and I kept thinking what is he doing exactly.. Now I know, you were basically getting in your reverse K set up! You have to trust that you will find the ball again after working on your priority piece without adding any other changes in your set up because that would delay your progress! Again this is all just an opinion so please feel free to ignore if your coach has other suggestions!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

It is funny you said that because I don't remember seeing any real FO views on your vlog (very nice by the way other than the 30 minute pre-shot routine) and every time before your swing I see your lower body do this strange move and I kept thinking what is he doing exactly.. Now I know, you were basically getting in your reverse K set up!

You have to trust that you will find the ball again after working on your priority piece without adding any other changes in your set up because that would delay your progress!

Again this is all just an opinion so please feel free to ignore if your coach has other suggestions!

The one drive  on hole 6 was enough for me to see the ugliness. :doh:

I appreciate your comments, thanks.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hey @mvmac and @billchao , I tried the changes you guys suggested.

Shoulder aligned and lead knee out. It worked. Although, I probably should have tested it out on the driving range first. Good news is that it only cost me 2 strokes in lateral hazards today.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hey @mvmac and @billchao , I tried the changes you guys suggested. Shoulder aligned and lead knee out. It worked. Although, I probably should have tested it out on the driving range first. Good news is that it only cost me 2 strokes in lateral hazards today.

Nice! How'd you do?

Bill

My Swing Thread

Nice! How'd you do?

86 (69.1/121) same as my lowest score on this course. I looked through all 30+ scores I have in my spreadsheet, and my handicap seems to be dropping despite the fact that I still think I don't have a clue what I am doing on the course. I could also have done much better on the approaches, but right now my skill level just leaves me short or off to the side somewhere. At least I'm not pulling everything off to the right. I'm getting a few straight shots.

I've definitely come a long ways from my "28" handicap days, but still need to firm up my current position.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

86 (69.1/121) same as my lowest score on this course. I looked through all 30+ scores I have in my spreadsheet, and my handicap seems to be dropping despite the fact that I still think I don't have a clue what I am doing on the course. I could also have done much better on the approaches, but right now my skill level just leaves me short or off to the side somewhere. At least I'm not pulling everything off to the right. I'm getting a few straight shots. I've definitely come a long ways from my "28" handicap days, but still need to firm up my current position.

Very nice! =]

- Shane

86 (69.1/121) same as my lowest score on this course. I looked through all 30+ scores I have in my spreadsheet, and my handicap seems to be dropping despite the fact that I still think I don't have a clue what I am doing on the course. I could also have done much better on the approaches, but right now my skill level just leaves me short or off to the side somewhere. At least I'm not pulling everything off to the right. I'm getting a few straight shots.

I've definitely come a long ways from my "28" handicap days, but still need to firm up my current position.

I am swear I could have wrote this ... looked at my new handicap ... 18.5 ... I still don't feel like I am that golfer!

Congrats on the 86!!!!  I will not play until Saturday.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Very nice! =]

Thanks.

I am swear I could have wrote this ... looked at my new handicap ... 18.5 ... I still don't feel like I am that golfer!

Congrats on the 86!!!!  I will not play until Saturday.

Yeah, it will take some getting used to. Every time I hit a reasonable ball, I think "Was that me?" :-$

Congratulations in making 18.5! That level was about my 4 year mark.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

and my handicap seems to be dropping despite the fact that I still think I don't have a clue what I am doing on the course.

When you prioritize you can't help but improve :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

When you prioritize you can't help but improve :-)

Yeah, thanks for the help. More videos to come. Maybe twice a month? Now that I have a bracket for my phone. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yeah, thanks for the help. More videos to come. Maybe twice a month? Now that I have a bracket for my phone. :-)

It's up to you, how often you want to post videos. But, I still maintain that you should film something every time you practice, so you can monitor your own progress.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!