IGNORED

Stacy Lewis a Sore Loser?

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Bit of a double standard, I think. If a guy is sulky when losing he's determined, a competitor, he hates losing, etc.

Because she's a woman she's "pouty" and so on. Please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bit of a double standard, I think. If a guy is sulky when losing he's determined, a competitor, he hates losing, etc.

Agreed.  I have zero problem with Lewis.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think there may be a little of that dynamic going on, but c'mon men are scrutinized too. Tiger is under intense scrutiny in the same manner for club throwing and whatnot. Sabo is practically hated by the entire golf community. Look at Phil's taxation comments, or Rory complaining about the weather at the British; all drew lots of negative commentary.

Yes, I'm sure Angela Stanford really enjoyed playing with a sulking Ms Pouty Face Lewis in the first two matches of the 2011 Solheim where they went 0-2.

Then Rosie had a talk with Lewis and paired her with rookie and low tenured LPGA pro, Ryann O'Toole.

The US team has no team leader(s) when you can't rely on your "experienced" pros to team up with sore loser Lewis.

It is any surprise the US gals got thrashed on home soil this year to a Euro team that was inferior on paper....they are too busy making posters, and ensuring their ribbons and nail polish are color coordinated.

Ole Ole!!!!

I prefer to have someone on my team who gets upset when they are losing rather than one who quits by hitting all their golf balls into a water hazard.

Joe Paradiso

I prefer to have someone on my team who gets upset when they are losing rather than one who quits by hitting all their golf balls into a water hazard.

Lexi wants to win just as much as any of her competitors......it's obvious when you watch her inside the ropes.

But she doesn't come with all the 'drama' baggage as some other US female pros.

I know it will be tough to dethrone Lewis as the #1 US gal....yes, Lewis can flat out play......but give me Lexi as the #1 any day.

I expect Lewis to be the world #1 by the end of 2014....so she'll be in contention many times on Sunday...but she won't win them all....so we'll be able to see her poutiness and unsportsmanlike conduct many times....it will be fun to watch...at least for me.

Stacy just lost a Dubai European tournament on the last hole.  She gave a hug to winner and just walked away.  I am sure she is steaming inside but showed nothing of it.

More notable thing on this tournament is that the 1st & 2nd place finishers were from LPGA.   Their final scores were separated by 7 - 8 strokes from 3rd place finish.  It showed huge disparity between LPGA & EU tours.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Stacy just lost a Dubai European tournament on the last hole.  She gave a hug to winner and just walked away.  I am sure she is steaming inside but showed nothing of it.

She got distracted on her birdie putt on 18...and was pointing out the offending individual with her caddy all as PP was putting...where is the etiquette in that ? If a camera clicking upsets your concentration then obviously she must concentrate deeper...seems like more of the same from lil ms ross perot...whining and blaming and turning people off

Stacy just lost a Dubai European tournament on the last hole.  She gave a hug to winner and just walked away.  I am sure she is steaming inside but showed nothing of it. More notable thing on this tournament is that the 1st & 2nd place finishers were from LPGA.   Their final scores were separated by 7 - 8 strokes from 3rd place finish.  It showed huge disparity between LPGA & EU tours.

Yes, she handled herself perfectly today. She was clearly disappointed and she should've been. But she watched PP win it, hugged, and got out the way for the water celebration. By the way, PP is really cute and is almost hot. I would slot her between Gerina Piller and Jessica Korda.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

She got distracted on her birdie putt on 18...and was pointing out the offending individual with her caddy all as PP was putting...where is the etiquette in that ? If a camera clicking upsets your concentration then obviously she must concentrate deeper...seems like more of the same from lil ms ross perot...whining and blaming and turning people off

It was on 17 and what professional golfer, male or female, would not do the same thing.  Good grief.  I have seen many Pro men golfer berate someone in the crowd for doing that.  You seem to hold Lewis to a higher standard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

By the way, PP is really cute and is almost hot. I would slot her between Gerina Piller and Jessica Korda.

I agree she's a good looking player ... :-) .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato51

Originally Posted by boogielicious

It was on 17 and what professional golfer, male or female, would not do the same thing.  Good grief.  I have seen many Pro men golfer berate someone in the crowd for doing that.  You seem to hold Lewis to a higher standard.

I have to agree with fortunato that the timing was a bit suspect. Don't do that while PP is putting.

And Lewis obviously let it get in her head because she played 18 terribly and never gave herself a chance to make birdie. Props to PP, playing 18 masterfully.

Bill M

I like Stacy Lewis well enough. In her segment with Feherty, she came across pretty well I thought. Everyone does not have a life of the party personality, and everyone is not an actor. The Marathon commercial sounded scripted because it was, and not so well I think. Stacy has overcome physical hardship to get where she is, and we don't know what has shaped her personality. I think what you are seeing most of the time is just honesty, and sometimes being hard on herself rather than the other player. Mr. Hogan was certainly a great player and gentleman, but no one called him Mr. Personality-at least on the course.At the China thing, I did think she sounded whiny, but hey who wouldn't? To me that is just honesty and not covering up frustration with fake sportsmanship. She just wears her feelings on her sleeve. Yesterday, the back and forth between Zach and Tiger was interesting--both wanted to win, but not on the other guys mistakes-it seemed genuine. I pull for Lexi as well, I think she has a lot of potential as a face for the LPGA as well as great talent. I still pull for Michelle Wei, but I do wish she could overcome that putting stance.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Korda fired her caddy in the middle of a round.   Bubba berated his caddy for a wrong club selection on national TV.   John Daly - much, much worse.  Tiger, media scrutiny or not, he did questionable things on and off the field.   Compare to others, I can live with Lewis' behavior.   However, I agree that others in LPGA have better personality.  NY Choi is one of my favorites when it comes to personality.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!