iacas

What are you Reading Right Now?

345 posts / 28460 viewsLast Reply

I just finished Special Operations by Tom Lukas.  My wife grew up with the author.  It is a psychological thriller.  Definitely worth the read.  It is self published.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An audio book? Technically that's not really reading...

No. The book. Couldn't find many good pictures of the cover quickly. Didn't even see that "read by" thing until today.

No. The book. Couldn't find many good pictures of the cover quickly. Didn't even see that "read by" thing until today.

I was just messin' with ya. :-P

Ugh.

Had trouble getting to page 10 without my eyes getting sore from all the rolling.

I'm on page 57 and I'm having a tough time pushing through it.  I liked his book "Unconscious Putting" so I had high hopes for this one, but so far it's like a cheap hotdog, too much filler, not enough meat.

I'm on page 57 and I'm having a tough time pushing through it.  I liked his book "Unconscious Putting" so I had high hopes for this one, but so far it's like a cheap hotdog, too much filler, not enough meat.

I'm not big on all this "mental game" stuff because I think there are only very small gains to be made from it.

Ray Floyd says he won the Masters because he just pictured every shot he was going to hit that week and then did it. Well great, Ray, so why didn't you do that every time you teed it up? And that trick might "work" when your swing is really good for a short period of time, but the average duffer isn't breaking 90 by "picturing the shot he wants to hit" if his swing isn't anywhere near being able to produce it for him 95% of the time.

:)

Lone survivor is amazing. Im currently reading The Paper Tiger and I recommend it highly.

Finished "Lone Survivor" early today. Such an amazing story, so miraculous. Don't even know if I could make it through one day of indoc.

Ugh.

Had trouble getting to page 10 without my eyes getting sore from all the rolling.

The book was a bust, it started our weak and never got into anything that hasn't been a golf cliché for years.  Think positive, smile when you swing, keep yourself mentally into the game, and visualize the shot you want to hit.  One of the few books that I can say I read where I didn't get a single worthwhile piece of information from.