IGNORED

2014 Farmers Insurance Open thread

3putter
Note: This thread is 3735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Somewhat bold prediction: the winning score on Sunday is going to be -8. Same exact score as the day 1 leader.

You my friend...are looking like an absolute genius right now.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Gary Woodland's pitch, his left hand hit his thigh around impact. Interesting slow motion replay.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like it's going to be Stallings' day. I didn't think he'd last long on tour after winning at Greenbrier a few years ago, but this will be victory number three for him. Good job.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Looks like it's going to be Stallings' day. I didn't think he'd last long on tour after winning at Greenbrier a few years ago, but this will be victory number three for him. Good job.

I did say that a " dark horse" might win it, although Gary still has a chance.

On Edit: Looks like Mr. Stallings is gonna be the Winnha...Congratz.

Wonder if this win is gonna turn Stallings into another Webb Simpson. Kinda same makeup. Came outta nowhere, very vanilla senses of style and style of play. Seems like a legit standup guy. Maybe start competing for a major an get lucky with one?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Oh Christ, not another season of petty Tiger bashing, is that really where we're going again? Where's Rick Martin, he usually likes to beat that drum too. What's with you guys and the unrelenting Tiger-hate? Does your wife work at Perkin's?

Just to be clear Ernest, I very much enjoy watching Tiger when he is contending or making a legitimate run at the top of the leader board. When he is hacking away I would just as soon watch those that are playing for the lead. He has, without a doubt, been good for the sport and bought a whole generation of new fans to the game.

Further more, if I were a Tiger Hater, as you suppose, then I would relish the continuous coverage of his lousy play, as it was this past weekend.

Just to be clear Ernest, I very much enjoy watching Tiger when he is contending or making a legitimate run at the top of the leader board. When he is hacking away I would just as soon watch those that are playing for the lead. He has, without a doubt, been good for the sport and bought a whole generation of new fans to the game. Further more, if I were a Tiger Hater, as you suppose, then I would relish the continuous coverage of his lousy play, as it was this past weekend.

I wasn't referring to your post and I agree, I would rather watch coverage of the guys vying for the win than watch the superstar flirting with the cut line. My post was in reference to the wieners who claim to be be indifferent yet can't resist taking petty jabs at Tiger. If they really were indifferent (as opposed to foaming Tiger haters blinded by their passion for retribution against someone they have never met) they would writing posts about Stallings or Speith, but they're not. I admit that I like watching Tiger when he's winning or making a charge because it's electrifying and he is "the greatest player in the world no named Jack", but when he's totally out of contention I don't think about him at all. I like to watch golf to see players make amazing shots not to gloat and crow about Tiger's failings or successes. Can you imagine how lame it would come off if these same Chambleens (I think ill trademark that;-)) were making similar, sustained attacks against a Hoffman or a Perez? People would think they had mental issues.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It's tough to talk about Stallings when no one knows him unless they search...

So they talk about Tiger... because it's easy to talk about Tiger ... the swing changes ... swing coaches ... Lindsey ... Rachel...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Haha, I was close! Damn that Scott stallings!!

Lol! I thought you had it in the bag....at least before a playoff.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I would rather watch coverage of the guys vying for the win than watch the superstar flirting with the cut line.

I don't mind that they show Tiger whenever he is on the course.  It's not like they are really taking away from showing the leaders ... they're showing all of their shots as well.  I think, what we should be complaining about, is how much time they spend showing Nick Faldo and Terry Gannon on camera and chatting about whatever, instead of showing more golf ... from anybody.

I don't mind that they show Tiger whenever he is on the course.  It's not like they are really taking away from showing the leaders ... they're showing all of their shots as well.  I think, what we should be complaining about, is how much time they spend showing Nick Faldo and Terry Gannon on camera and chatting about whatever, instead of showing more golf ... from anybody.

Well, sure, if I can have both I ain't gonna complain.

I am glad they caught Faldo's cupcake sticking to the window during the Humana Challenge though. :-$ Although I suppose that may have been "fixed".

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!