IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lemme do a quick rundown of the golfers this season, ranked in order of playing ability. Also, I have noticed a strong negative correlation between looks and playing ability.

1. Jackie

Jackie is undoubtedly the best player here, has partial LPGA status, made cut at US Open, 22nd place on 2013 Symetra tour money list, 12th place on 2011 Symetra tour money list, numerous top ten finishes (about 10-15) on Symetra tour. Her position on Symetra tour money lists are better than any of the other's finishes in one tournament, i.e., if you dont count sadenas T-3 last week. Her scoring average is around 72. She probably has one of the best playing resumes of any woman going into the Big Break, just missing out on an LPGA tour card in 2011 and having some status on the tour.

2. Sadena

Sadena is also a strong player, although her playing resume is lacking compared to Jackie, but stronger than everyone else's. Just last week she finished T-3 (67-72-68) on the Symetra tour, and she is currently 2nd place on the Symetra tour money list. (albeit through 2 events) She also played a full season on the Symetra tour last year, and although her scoring avg of 74.5 wasnt very impressive, she at least had a full season on a respectable tour (no, Cactus tour does not count), something only Jackie, her, Mary, and Renee have.

3. Renee

Although this may surprise some, I actually believe Renee has some serious potential. She has won several tournaments on the Suncoast Tour, a respectable tour with 72 hole full field tournaments, and she has full status on the Symetra tour. She had a full season on the Synetra tour last year, with a scoring average of 75. Although that sounds quite high, she has made over half of her Symetra tour cuts and most of the other girls have scoring avg of 80+.

4. Mary

Mary also has extensive experience on the Symetra tour, averaging a 74.5 in two seasons (about 30 tourneys) and having a T-21 best finish. Again, not great, but decent compared with the others.

-----

Im not going to rank the rest, but they are all pretty bad.

Lauren for example has three tournament results, finishing +24, +24, and +25 in the 36 hole tournaments.

Courtney played only 1 tourney, shooting a 94.

The list of horrible golfers  goes on...

• Upvote 1

Lemme do a quick rundown of the golfers this season, ranked in order of playing ability. Also, I have noticed a strong negative correlation between looks and playing ability.

1. Jackie

Jackie is undoubtedly the best player here, has partial LPGA status, made cut at US Open, 22nd place on 2013 Symetra tour money list, 12th place on 2011 Symetra tour money list, numerous top ten finishes (about 10-15) on Symetra tour. Her position on Symetra tour money lists are better than any of the other's finishes in one tournament, i.e., if you dont count sadenas T-3 last week. Her scoring average is around 72. She probably has one of the best playing resumes of any woman going into the Big Break, just missing out on an LPGA tour card in 2011 and having some status on the tour.

2. Sadena

Sadena is also a strong player, although her playing resume is lacking compared to Jackie, but stronger than everyone else's. Just last week she finished T-3 (67-72-68) on the Symetra tour, and she is currently 2nd place on the Symetra tour money list. (albeit through 2 events) She also played a full season on the Symetra tour last year, and although her scoring avg of 74.5 wasnt very impressive, she at least had a full season on a respectable tour (no, Cactus tour does not count), something only Jackie, her, Mary, and Renee have.

3. Renee

Although this may surprise some, I actually believe Renee has some serious potential. She has won several tournaments on the Suncoast Tour, a respectable tour with 72 hole full field tournaments, and she has full status on the Symetra tour. She had a full season on the Synetra tour last year, with a scoring average of 75. Although that sounds quite high, she has made over half of her Symetra tour cuts and most of the other girls have scoring avg of 80+.

4. Mary

Mary also has extensive experience on the Symetra tour, averaging a 74.5 in two seasons (about 30 tourneys) and having a T-21 best finish. Again, not great, but decent compared with the others.

-----

Im not going to rank the rest, but they are all pretty bad.

Lauren for example has three tournament results, finishing +24, +24, and +25 in the 36 hole tournaments.

Courtney played only 1 tourney, shooting a 94.

The list of horrible golfers  goes on...

Whoa, you researched them?

That's way more dedication than I have - haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Courtney is also an dumb b/c in the second challenge when Mary was up, all the girls were on the "in" bench and she stayed on the "out" bench b/c the seat was dry and she didn't want a wet bum.

What

an

idiot.

Christian

I was fairly annoyed with Lindsay Ahole's blatant need to show how "smart" she was by picking Mary because Courtney was scared of Mary. Then to go brown nose Mary... It reminds of the BBC article that was posted on another thread stating how people who think they are the smartest are really not very bright.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I was fairly annoyed with Lindsay Ahole's blatant need to show how "smart" she was by picking Mary because Courtney was scared of Mary. Then to go brown nose Mary... It reminds of the BBC article that was posted on another thread stating how people who think they are the smartest are really not very bright.

I don't know if it worked the way she planned but you can't deny it's  good strategy to make a person that's already nervous even more nervous.

It's about survival at that point and she did what she had to do.

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I don't know if it worked the way she planned but you can't deny it's  good strategy to make a person that's already nervous even more nervous.

I don't know that it worked either but you keep your sneakiness to yourself until the game (show) is over...

Who's she kidding? She was as afraid of Mary as Courtney was. SMH!

They remind me of the kid on the high school football team that is scared to death and counts back on the opposite line in tackling drills to make sure he doesn't have to hit a real player.

I'm looking for the kid that counts the other line to make sure he has to go against the best player on the team.

Quote:

Who's she kidding? She was as afraid of Mary as Courtney was. SMH!

They remind me of the kid on the high school football team that is scared to death and counts back on the opposite line in tackling drills to make sure he doesn't have to hit a real player.

I'm looking for the kid that counts the other line to make sure he has to go against the best player on the team.

She just didn't want mary picking on her later. Pretty lame.

I don't know that it worked either but you keep your sneakiness to yourself until the game (show) is over...

Exactly.  IIRC, at least one of the other contestants made a comment about the strategy and how it would be remembered...

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Eh. I'm barely even paying attention. I know I'd sit on the OUT bench every time. I've spent a lot of time looking at GIR stats, let alone stats from 130 yards or whatever. And these are women.

I would've spent the entire challenge on the IN bench just for karmas sake. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Quote:

Agreed.  No need to confirm to people that you think about more than the initial strategy.

Christian

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Eh. I'm barely even paying attention.

I know I'd sit on the OUT bench every time. I've spent a lot of time looking at GIR stats, let alone stats from 130 yards or whatever. And these are women.

I would've spent the entire challenge on the IN bench just for karmas sake. ;)

Seeing how only Sadena and Jackie were the only ones to show any sort of game, I'd have won the challenge just by sitting on the "out" bench. :dance:

Christian

Whoa, you researched them? That's way more dedication than I have - haha.

I researched a couple of them too, but it had nothing to do with stats :))

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I think it's kinda lame that when one of the gals wins a challenge for 2500.00, then has to either give it back to be good to go for the next day, or keep it and participate is kinda weak, she won the $$$,

Yeah, but this early on they should be keeping the money, the ones winning immunity are obviously stronger than the still large field at this point. Maybe later down the road keep immunity, but not now. Regrading Mary, girl is a bully, what disappoints me is it is working. The girls are actually afraid to play against her, which is bs, if you think you are good enough to win, you think you are the best player, there shouldn't be anyone you are afraid of. You think Tiger or Phil would be intimated by someone bigger? No, because they have confidence in their game, and confidence is golf. If you being bullied and intimated by Mary, what happens when you get on tour and play actual intimating players?

What thread is this article in? I have a coworker that would fall nicely into that category. :-D

I was hoping Mary would get sent home but there are a number of bad golfers on the show and she's actually not one of them.

I get there's a lot of pressure and they sit around waiting to take their shot but golfers at this level should be able to at least hit the green - at least 3, I think 4 missed the green in first immunity challenge.

Lindsay was scared that Mary would hold a grudge and decided to bow in deference to her, any credit I gave her for using the strategy was lost when she blabbed her plan to Mary.

Joe Paradiso

Yeah, but this early on they should be keeping the money, the ones winning immunity are obviously stronger than the still large field at this point. Maybe later down the road keep immunity, but not now.

Regrading Mary, girl is a bully, what disappoints me is it is working. The girls are actually afraid to play against her, which is bs, if you think you are good enough to win, you think you are the best player, there shouldn't be anyone you are afraid of. You think Tiger or Phil would be intimated by someone bigger? No, because they have confidence in their game, and confidence is golf.

If you being bullied and intimated by Mary, what happens when you get on tour and play actual intimating players?

Agree with everything said here. I didn't understand why Sadena would turn down the money the second time. She's proven that she is clearly in the upper third of the girls in the competition, and only has to beat one of 12 girls to advance. Absolute worst case is that she gets sent back home to play her tournaments with an extra $2500 in her pocket. Honestly, if I was in her position and felt like I was one of the top 3 in the competition, I'm taking the cash every time. If it's down to 3 or 4 people then maybe you think about taking immunity, but until then I'm taking the cash.

Mary's antics are so weak, but they somehow work so I guess I can't fault her. I watch the show with my wife and told her that I bet every girl will stay on the "in" bench because they didn't want to piss her off. Sure enough, they did. I think only one took the "out".

Couldn't have been happier to see Courtney leave. She annoyed me as bad as any person can annoy someone. On top of that, I don't think she hit a good shot the entire show except for the glass challenge when she danced. The fact that she was dancing for not being in last place on the very first challenge told me everything I needed to know about her. I knew she would be an early exit.

Sadena and Jackie have to be the early favorites. Sadena has looked extremely solid. In fact, there are a handful of girls that seem to be really good players. I've been impressed with how consistently some of them can put the ball inside 8' from 100 yards or so, but at the same time have been amazed by the ones on the show that consistently can't get it in the circle from the same distance. I don't know why I'm surprised though, it's typical Big Break.

Note: This thread is 3210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!